Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,913|5585|949

Those tacticool bags aren't practical at all, really, but people love the idea of molle systems that you can attach a bunch of different shit to.

A good pack should have some type of internal frame, load lifters to help with the weight on your shoulders, and yeah, some hip or chest support, but let the man buy his own gear!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+456|2672
So I should keep this as backup or spare and buy a hikers backpack?
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1579/5999/products/OV05770_2000x.jpg?v=1618422532
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+761|5637|United States of America
I don't think you need more unless you plan on using it for some specific purpose instead of a "some day" thing. I've traveled using my 50 L instead of a suitcase, but that's basically a side benefit. I can almost guarantee a proper bag would be a much more comfortable experience for you, though.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+456|2672
You are right. The tacticool bag I have would be better if I was planning on moving lightly and sneaking in and out of blown out urban centers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,913|5585|949

"Kumo 36 Superlight Backpack - Gossamer Gear" https://www.gossamergear.com/products/k … 0534718518

That's the 36L bag I have. I'm taking it out on Saturday for a quick little 19 mile overnighter. I'll post a pic of my loadout tomorrow.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,894|5724|USA

If it didn't have that stupid patch, I'd probably use that 45L backpack to help carry stuff into a motel room. But it looks horrible to fill to capacity and carry on a hike or cross-country with. Very much a general pack you could expect to see on the back seat of a pickup to tempt thieves with. I'd keep munchies, a first aid kit, pens, notepads, cables, socks, maybe some extra junk like fishing wire, lures, hooks, rope, water key.

Enough of that though and I'd rather have something a bit more ergonomic at capacity. Humping books home from school was bad enough with the throwaway backpacks sold to kids.

"Assault pack" lmao.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+456|2672

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If it didn't have that stupid patch, I'd probably use that 45L backpack to help carry stuff into a motel room. But it looks horrible to fill to capacity and carry on a hike or cross-country with. Very much a general pack you could expect to see on the back seat of a pickup to tempt thieves with. I'd keep munchies, a first aid kit, pens, notepads, cables, socks, maybe some extra junk like fishing wire, lures, hooks, rope, water key.

Enough of that though and I'd rather have something a bit more ergonomic at capacity. Humping books home from school was bad enough with the throwaway backpacks sold to kids.

"Assault pack" lmao.
The patch is Velcro. It comes off and you can put other Velcro patches on.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+456|2672
I would also suggest you not take that assault backpack into any Vegas motels. A cop might feel threatened by it and shoot you for failing a game of Simon says.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,913|5585|949

"assault" packs usually refer to a specific type of backpack used in mountaineering, but I guess survivalist LARPers have co-opted the term.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+456|2672

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

"assault" packs usually refer to a specific type of backpack used in mountaineering, but I guess survivalist LARPers have co-opted the term.
Give it a few mass shootings and they will get angry anyone is calling their backpacks assault back packs.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,711|5690|Oxferd Ohire
Most shootings involve small bags mac
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+761|5637|United States of America
Most shootings involve tiny nutsacks.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,913|5585|949

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

"Kumo 36 Superlight Backpack - Gossamer Gear" https://www.gossamergear.com/products/k … 0534718518

That's the 36L bag I have. I'm taking it out on Saturday for a quick little 19 mile overnighter. I'll post a pic of my loadout tomorrow.
https://i.imgur.com/6O1uAgl.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,894|5724|USA

No UAV jammer or silenced M14? I thought you played CoD 4 awhile back.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+640|5243|Washington St.
Oh you did the layout-your-gear-in-a-neat-square thing... For the gram?

Lets see, I have the same stove (and fuel), camp towel, poles, and a very similar shit trowel.

No self respecting ultra-lighter would bring that huge thing of sunscreen
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,913|5585|949

Haha I don't have insta. Strictly for the '2s

Sunscreen container is all I got, what can I say?

Pretty sure an ultra lighter won't bring a bladder of booze like I'm going to either. Fuck them fools
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,733|5059|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Pretty sure an ultra lighter won't bring a bladder of booze like I'm going to either.
Thats right they would have helo'd in weeks or months earlier and buried multiple stashes and geolocated them.
Fuck them fools
I don't think they're the fool Ken.
#FreeBritney
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,913|5585|949

From the summit:

https://i.imgur.com/Lh6TR9Y.jpg

From camp at sunrise
https://i.imgur.com/wkEqUHa.jpg
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,894|5724|USA

Any particular trail or just free-hiking it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard