Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I don't think "we should bomb Netanyahu" but it would be interesting to see Israel exile him to some island in the Med. Only make sure he doesn't return like knock-off Napoleon. Concept pending examination of Israeli law, of course.

I don't think it would stop Israel from being a giant dickhead, though. Great example of democracy at work in the middle east, really …
Apparently assassinating the Palestinian leaders and levelling their family homes with airstrikes is the ideal negotiating strategy, lets try it on Netanyahu and the Knesset.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-05-22 15:18:39)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

By "let's," do you mean America?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Anyway, black guy gets shot and killed by the police in Carolina. NYT did an analysis of the video and the facts from the case. Basically, the cops were serving a search warrant. The guy tries to drive off. Cops shoot at the car. They hit the driver in the head while they were shooting the car driving away. Police say it was justified due to the fact that the perp almost ran some cops over. You make up your mind:

I couldn't care any less about the perp but what bothers me is the cop are basically firing at a car moving away. They are firing guns in residential neighborhood at a target moving away from them. Stray bullets aren't a problem?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

If he wanted to run one over he had many opportunities to do so. There's still probably a case to be made legally that a near miss is still kind of an assault, but the police put way more people in danger.

What is this cowboy operation, just pulling up on a raid like that? Why are they wearing body armor with no helmets? Why didn't they have enough vehicles to block his escape? Was anyone securing the nearby house? Was the neighborhood notified and measures taken to ensure the safety of residents? Just more bullshit cop stuff. I understand it's very armchair general of me to point out flaws but it just looks so bad compared to other videos I've seen.

Tactical trucker hats.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If he wanted to run one over he had many opportunities to do so. There's still probably a case to be made legally that a near miss is still kind of an assault, but the police put way more people in danger.

What is this cowboy operation, just pulling up on a raid like that? Why are they wearing body armor with no helmets? Why didn't they have enough vehicles to block his escape? Was anyone securing the nearby house? Was the neighborhood notified and measures taken to ensure the safety of residents? Just more bullshit cop stuff. I understand it's very armchair general of me to point out flaws but it just looks so bad compared to other videos I've seen.

Tactical trucker hats.
ISIS combat videos are actually funny to compare some cop stuff I have seen. I mentioned this before in regards to the "You're Fucked" hotel situation. I was being serious when I said I have seen ISIS take prisoners more smoothly than the cops that killed D.S. Same with this one. I have seen ISIS ride around on pickup trucks through residential neighborhoods and abduct people in cars with less shooting than this.

Anyway, why didn't the cops just flip the car?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Police shouldn't be shooting at someone fleeing really, of course stray bullets are a problem.

Should have also planned the raid a lot better.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-05-22 19:41:58)

uziq
+492|3449

uziq wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UaPCwBtRKc

remember when jay, an air con engineer, literally tried to make out that poorer boroughs of NYC were experiencing the vast number of covid cases/deaths because 'poor people are feckless and don't respect the rules'
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If they were hungry they wouldn't be so fat.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

spongebobchicken.gif

This has been explored. A lot. TL;DR bad calories are more cost-effective than good calories, so people don't get the nutrients they need AND they get fat, along with another slew of health conditions linked to malnutrition, unhealthy eating.

I could buy like a month's worth of ramen really cheap. Boxed mac & cheese for variety. Not a recommended diet, though. I spend more and get things like fresh produce.

do a google
uziq
+492|3449

Dilbert_X wrote:

another superb hot take from our resident scientist-when-the-science-suits-him.
Larssen
+99|1885
At this point I'm convinced dilbert is probably a mechanic or woodworker posing as an engineer
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

It was an effective troll though, it got three of us typing back.

Unless he actually meant it.
uziq
+492|3449

Larssen wrote:

At this point I'm convinced dilbert is probably a mechanic or woodworker posing as an engineer
i fully believe he's an engineer. as opposed to an actual scientist. real scientists with PhDs know when not to speak whereof they do not know. dilbert thinks that being able to work a lathe and run some sums has given him universal insight into human nature and the universe.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Guys, if I were that fat I could survive comfortably for about two months on water and crackers.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

A bread diet would wreak havoc on a number of your systems. Deficiencies including a lack of vitamins a, c, d, and a low amount of calcium. Can attack your vision, your healing, your immune system, your endocrine system, hair, skin, bones.

It's a dumb hypothetical for you but affects people in real life, from the poor to the ignoramuses who could afford to eat better but try this sort of thing because they read something on facebook about carbs and diets once.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Having a varied diet has been long established as an important thing. Addictive junk foods, survival noodles, and the garbo that is like 99% of what some dumpy town have to offer aren't really in compliance with that.

My town used to be teeming with grocery stores. Now it's down to one. The produce is nice, but the quality of its contents could be better. A few adjacent towns have a better selection. I can afford the gas to take a trip out to shop there from time to time.

Some of the areas talked about in that linked video have pitiable selections. What a meme take anyway. Stuff like "maybe you need less food stamps" are completely oblivious. Didn't you learn this stuff in school?

e: anyway https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_desert

multiple mentions of obesity
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Really funny you guys are mentioning food since there was something I saw yesterday regarding race and food that is funny to me.

Anyone democrats passed a bill to provide relief to black farmers. Sounds like repreparations but whatever.
Shade Lewis had just come in from feeding his cows one sunny spring afternoon when he opened a letter that could change his life: The government was offering to pay off his $200,000 farm loan, part of a new debt relief program created by Democrats to help farmers who have endured generations of racial discrimination.

It was a windfall for a 29-year-old who has spent the past decade scratching out a living as the only Black farmer in his corner of northeastern Missouri, where signposts quoting Genesis line the soybean fields and traffic signals warn drivers to go slow because it is planting season.

But the $4 billion fund has angered conservative white farmers who say they are being unfairly excluded because of their race. And it has plunged Mr. Lewis and other farmers of color into a new culture war over race, money and power in American farming.
There's a lot that is comical about this article and program. First, in order to fix decades of racism in farming, they decide to pay off the loan of a 29 year old who has only been at it for a decade himself. Secondly, the black farmer they find is light skinned and probably partly white himself.
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2021/05/22/us/22farms-race-6/22farms-race-6-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp
Finally, the black farmer is married to a white woman.

https://i.imgur.com/VEkGlxd.jpg

So the farming repreparations democrats created to right the past wrongs of racism in farming is going to help one checks notes novice mulatto farmer who is going to produce some over half white kids who will inherit his farm. Within a generation you are back at 'white people own all the farms.'
uziq
+492|3449
a bunch of y’all really need to read joseph conrad. ‘heart of darkness’ is like 110 pp.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Video Shows Moment Gunshots Heard Near George Floyd Memorial Site
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Read the comments. Some A+ cringe.
uziq
+492|3449
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

/ranty

It's all so exhausting, even watching this stuff with some white people. They pretend to be taking in the material objectively, commenting on the history of propaganda in modern times, but seem almost unaware of themselves nodding along to the stuff.

People becoming enraged at affirmative action stuff, sexual discrimination against men, racial discrimination against whites. I don't ever hear the take that it does suck and how it must have sucked for other groups of people getting discriminated against. Only rallied to a froth when it's your group being affected by an arguably discriminatory practice. Pulled into sympathies with interviews with white supremacists while feigning a mastermind understanding about How It All Works.

Like, no I don't want to sit down and hate-watch the news with you. I know you're just going to moan about CNN ripping on white guys, and be back at it again the next day after a refresher with Tucker Carlson.

e:

I hAvE BlAcK FrIeNdS
uziq
+492|3449
the video means nothing to me except as a testament to the utter senselessness of american public life in the 2020s.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I guess it's a bit like watching someone else's house get burned down by lava vs. watching your own house get burned down by lava.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I like the part with the one guy in the it's ok to be white shirt, and his friend came bustling over ready to go. "It's the media that's the problem! This is my friend and he's out here with a shirt!"

Imagine going out to one of these things to be heard and then getting mad at guys with microphones.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard