Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
One of our products is pipe coating inspection systems which fit to the pipes, the range of pipes on the market is complex, the tolerances are complex and there are multiple complex tolerance standards.
Then there are the available coatings to think about.
Add in that everyone is confused about the nomenclature - which is itself confusing and nonsensical - and use definitions interchangeably when they shouldn't be makes everything more confusing still.
And the icing on the cake is the previous owners of the company put their mentally ill son in charge of that product line for several years and all the documentation and marketing material is now word salad and the maths side worse.

So anyway, I've finished my magnum derpus. No-one actually asked me to do it but then no-one has actually asked me to do anything for the last six months. This is what happens if you let Dilbert frolic free.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
as the editor of a journal of measurement and certainty standards, i can attest to the fact that it is dull as ditchwater.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I did a two day course in uncertainty measurement - taught by an incomprehensible Russian woman who skipped whole words.
It was simple stuff but she made it painfully hard, and for all practical purposes it was completely useless.

Calibrating measurement equipment to three decimal places is all very clever but outside CERN no-one cares.

Engineering tolerances aren't the same thing though, and geometric tolerancing is useful.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-04-13 06:47:16)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Coffee consumption cut to almost zero, skin dryness improved, only two minor public order citations.
uziq
+492|3422
have made a verbal agreement on my dream apartment here, 2 bedrooms, next to a subway exit, in a beautiful park dedicated to 'books' with lots of book stores in train-themed cabins. a little green, quiet pocket in one of the city's best areas. going to meet the landlord(s) this weekend to sign a contract. 40% below the airbnb rate so i'm happy.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractio … Seoul.html
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
Passed my medical today for my potential new employment after a very long wait
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Coffee consumption cut to almost zero, skin dryness improved, only two minor public order citations.
It's still funny to me that people joke about being violent and antisocial (or are) Without Their Morning Coffee, yet think legalized cannabis is taking things a step too far. After all, the devil's lettuce is a stepping stone to crack cocaine.

Also, being around alcoholics who haven't had their fix recently is usually no fun at all. And spare me from the ones that get all cranky and dark-mooded when intoxicated.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yeah cannabis users who haven't smoked in a while don't get paranoid or irritable at all.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Being put in a bad mood without your fix is a bit of a trait for people addicted to caffeine, tobacco, and/or alcohol.

"Don't Talk To Me Until I've Had My Morning Cuppa" and the guy who gets really dark and moody on boxed wine aren't usually fun personality profiles to hang out with in my experience. People who have to step out every 15 minutes for a smoke break, good stuff.
uziq
+492|3422
difference between irritability, impatience, skittishness, etc, with weed and nicotine/caffeine/alcohol is that one is a physiological dependency and the other is solely psychology. but people think nothing about taking drugs everyday that have a deep effect on their brain, their dopamine reward circuits, their focus/concentration/memory, and their general emotional state. oh no it's weed that 'makes you paranoid and schizophrenic'.

i swear some people really never think through their attitude to drugs at all.

i say that as someone who enjoys caffeine on a daily basis and loathes weed btw. i have no interest in defending that stuff. its effects, desired or otherwise, are not my proverbial cup of tea. but caffeine is also a physically addictive substance. having withdrawal headaches, shakes, disrupted sleep schedule, etc, are all pretty tell-tale signs that a drug is, or has been, interfering with your systems on a deep level.

Last edited by uziq (2021-04-27 05:46:16)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Caffeine has barely affected me at all ever, certainly no withdrawal issues.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I was at a point once where it didn't seem to have much effect on my wakefulness or focus. I figured that if it was a built up tolerance thing, then I was drinking too much anyway. I feel better getting enough sleep than I ever did with caffeine as a crutch, and tend to have a cup only for long, boring drives.

I never got to the point where I fit the office worker stereotype of being wholly dependent on the stuff to function and interact with people.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I stopped having coffee when I'd get the nods around 3-4 regardless of when my last coffee was. I cycle on and off it year-round. I haven't had a morning coffee in a few months now and I can stay alert for longer in the day. I do like coffee though and I will have it if I need a little pick me up and that will probably lead me down the path of drinking it more often again. I don't ever feel like I have withdrawal symptoms though.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I went to a dentist after a very long time. I need a root canal. That was actually good news. I haven't been to one in so long that I expected 7 cavities. The one root canal I need is in the back of my jaw where I chew all of my food. While that may seem like bad news I am less afraid of a crown falling out back there then I would be if a front crown fell out.

Also price: $1800, Insurance is covering $1000.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I've been assisting one of our other business units navigate some arcane import/export regulations and was able to get a bunch of tariff payments back from the US government. They gave me a bottle cab and a bottle of delirium tremens. I'm a simple man with simple pleasures so this made me happy.
uziq
+492|3422
i like delirium tremens. well, one or two bottles.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

yeah i love the stuff. One bottle is plenty
uziq
+492|3422
korea has an amazing stock of blonde and wheat-beers (on account of their serious sweet tooth; seriously, everything here tends to be sweetened). that plus the american convenience store culture (7-11, gs25, CU, etc, on every street corner) means you can get loaded on pretty nice brews 24/7. there's a better selection of belgian beers here than i had in the UK, 2 hours away from belgium. pretty wild.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

korea has an amazing stock of blonde and wheat-beers (on account of their serious sweet tooth; seriously, everything here tends to be sweetened). that plus the american convenience store culture (7-11, gs25, CU, etc, on every street corner) means you can get loaded on pretty nice brews 24/7. there's a better selection of belgian beers here than i had in the UK, 2 hours away from belgium. pretty wild.
Wait, did I actually convince uziq to give up drugs and take up beer?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9f/fc/1c/9ffc1c3ab999d1e3ef1ee95f23ac742c.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
i have always consumed alcohol (my longest period of abstinence was last year, simply because i don’t drink if there isn’t a social occasion; i never drink alone or at home). i just don’t think it’s a very good drug, especially if others are available. in korea others are markedly not available. i don’t feel like being deported or being put in jail for a lengthy term.

so second-best alcohol is back in my life again. as a result i feel much more lethargic and depressed after long drinking sessions. that’s because alcohol is a drug with associated side-effects and harms. derp. and consuming alcohol consistently over a long period does tend to make me feel depressed or unmotivated. amazing what putting a calorie-rich depressant into your system will do to you.

i’m not anti-alcohol, i’m anti your drug illiteracy and anti your denial. alcohol can wreck your life just as easily as a few lines of blow at the office party.

Last edited by uziq (2021-05-08 08:26:37)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ok to summarise:

You admire and moved to a racist monoracial monoculture which despises non-conformity and takes a severe line on recreational drug use.

I'm coming to the conclusion this woke hipster act is just a front and you really have a fascist cuck fetish.
uziq
+492|3422
young koreans take drugs. seoul is westernised. i’m a visitor on a visa. it’s wise not to break the law in any foreign country, whether it’s a party paradise like thailand or a modern megalopolis like seoul or tokyo. it’s common sense. way to over read into things. 

as for having a ‘cuck fetish’, you literally live at home and pay women for sex. lmao. i don’t think my sex life or proclivities can be impeached by an odious sadsack like yourself.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No I mean I think you like having fascists lord it over you and tell you what to do, 'cuck' isn't just a sexual term.

Otherwise why move to a fascist country?
uziq
+492|3422
are you literally high lmao. talk about straining an argument. you look ridiculous.

do people who go backpacking in thailand do so because they are absolute monarchists who believe in the divinity of the thai royal family?

south korea a fascist country? lmao wtf.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Under Korean law, Koreans are prohibited from using drugs, even when if they are in a country where the use of drugs is legal. South Koreans are forbidden to smoke weed, even if they are in countries where cannabis use is legalised or tolerated. When they return to South Korea, smoking a joint abroad can be punished with a prison sentence of up to five years. Cultivating, transporting or possessing cannabis is also illegal under South Korean criminal law, wherever you are. The Korean government regularly reminds its citizens of this prohibition. For example, the South Korean Embassy in Canada wrote (after cannabis use was legalized there in October 2019) that "it is illegal for South Koreans to use cannabis, even if they are in a region where cannabis is legal". The Korean police also recently announced in an appeal that South Koreans can be punished at home if they smoke cannabis in a country where it is legal.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_poli … outh_Korea

Presumably applies to other drugs.

This is as funny as Jay taking a sabbatical to Cuba

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard