War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

Dilbert_X wrote:

Having lots of guns doesn't make you a badass, you can only operate one at a time and maybe carry two, so whats the point of dozens of guns?
Different calibers, different designs, different ways of fun. I like variety, personally

I so far have fulfullied most of my criteria

9mm pistol

10mm auto pistol, eventually get .357 sig conversion barrel. That way I can shoot .40 S&W, 10mm, and .357. Now if only Sig would've hurried up with their 10mm auto variant they claim are working on for p320, then I could've gotten that instead. But, I suppose I will settle with XDM

M1 Garand

vz2008 or vz58(7.62x39 is so easy to come by now-a-days, and I have no qualms with using steel casings for Eastern European designs as those weapons were designed for them)

dp-12 shotgun.

All that is left is either AR-10 in like 6.5 creedmoor, 0.260 Remington, or 7mm-08 Remington; bn-36 in 30-06; or ar-15 in like 6mm arc or 6.5 Grendel.

Whatever I can get my hands on and able to acquire ammo for easily. M1 Garand is limited in what kind of .30-06 it can shoot without damaging the rifle, although I may just get a gas adapter to fix that.

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-24 17:31:58)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

RTHKI wrote:

With a few simple modifications you can turn one gun into five guns
With a length of duct tape you can turn five guns into one gun, and accessorise with a flamethrower.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Indian Terminator can turn 100 guns into 100 guns.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

Dilbert_X wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

With a few simple modifications you can turn one gun into five guns
With a length of duct tape you can turn five guns into one gun, and accessorise with a flamethrower.
Can just use Dragon's Breath 12 Gauge for a flamethrower.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
wagwan folks

we've got pubs open again, how mad is that?

the world is healing
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

mad lads
uziq
+492|3422

Finray wrote:

wagwan folks

we've got pubs open again, how mad is that?

the world is healing
classic. a scot has a few pints and says 'the world is healing'.

actually yesterday was likely the worst day in the history of the pandemic for new cases and deaths. the situation is india is vastly under-reported and, even then, the stats are world-topping.

maybe 'the UK is healing', but, er, the indian variant is already in the UK.

enjoy
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
k
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3422
i mean, it's a little bit distasteful to declare 'the world is healing', even facetiously, when 5k+ indians a day are dying. there are lots of indians in the UK with family and friends affected. it is not a remote crisis in a faraway country. the UK, including scotland, has a huge indian connection.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

More of a FWP, but I have online friends and acquaintances from at least 30 different countries all over the world. It's really hard for those to feel all that remote to me, and it makes me pretty irritable hearing obvious propaganda about people living there apart from commentary on actual recognized problems (women's issues in India, etc.).

It's one thing to be annoyed at Putin's government, but another to be told to Despise The Russian like we're in some sort of Warhammer 40k culture. Bruh, we're exchanging youtube vids and shooting giant spiders in dwarf caves. And laughing at videos of Russian drivers.
uziq
+492|3422
india is a cauldron of social and political problems at the moment. covid is like a uv light showing all the dirt and stains on each respective society. it's no accident that the US, brazil, mexico, UK and now india have all had major public health crises. india has spent half of last year high on hindu supremacism telling one another that they are magically immune to covid. they spend 0.3%-1.5% of GDP on public healthcare, way below most third-world nations.

a human tragedy nonetheless, deserving just as much sympathy as the 750k dead that will result from trump's covid response.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

The videos coming out of India are sickening and surreal. I couldn't imagine being on a ventilator in the back of a hot car, and considered lucky to even get that. Bodies piling up faster than they can be burnt. A government in denial leading up to this. "It's not that bad anymore, on its way out."
uziq
+492|3422
amazing that three giant democracies sliding inexorably into nationalist authoritarianism have all singularly failed to contain the pandemic.

trump, bolsonaro, modi -- all strong-men who take all the credit when its on offer, and shirk away when things inevitably go wrong.

not a great advertisement for authoritarianism. i thought the idea of giving fascists power was that they could get stuff done?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

"Oh, you mean like all politicians?" -republican apologists
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

india is a cauldron of social and political problems at the moment. covid is like a uv light showing all the dirt and stains on each respective society. it's no accident that the US, brazil, mexico, UK and now india have all had major public health crises. india has spent half of last year high on hindu supremacism telling one another that they are magically immune to covid. they spend 0.3%-1.5% of GDP on public healthcare, way below most third-world nations.

a human tragedy nonetheless, deserving just as much sympathy as the 750k dead that will result from trump's covid response.
India has a nuclear program, a space program and has only just been overtaken by China in consumption of gold.
They've had a year to plan ahead for this, source ventilators, oxygen machines etc.
In the midst of the worst possible pandemic they're still ploughing ahead with cricket, religious festivals and elections.

How much sympathy are you supposed to have?

Here Indians have been responsible for the bulk of the outbreaks.
I'm guessing any covid certificate they come in with is either fake or obtained by bribery.
Thankfully they've finally been shut down, for a while at least.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-04-30 00:58:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

If you watch any street interviews, there are definitely Indians who are not unaware of all this. Some of the travel restrictions oz put in place are probably a good idea on the surface, but I don't know how much of the human element, such as the financial and personal burden and families split between countries, is being taken into consideration and financial aid provided. Hopefully your government is being honest and transparent about timeframes.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Many of them travelled to India recently, too bad.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Stunningly heartless language imo.
uziq
+492|3422
imagine needing to have basic sympathy explained to you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

How the heck does a music swell with power girl floating in space bring tears to your eyes, but real human suffering gets the pitiless Saruman stare from the balcony of Isengard tower.
uziq
+492|3422
dilbert likes cats and comic book heroines more than real people. no surprises he’s a live at home eunuch who can only get female company with an hourly rate.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

imagine needing to have basic sympathy explained to you.
Imagine needing to have basic pandemic response explained to you one year later, hold lockdowns, don't hold religious festivals, maybe delay an election, perhaps think about sourcing some PPE, ventilators, oxygen generators.

And imagine needing basic event management explained to you, if you have a permit for 10,000 people maybe don't invite 100,000.
uziq
+492|3422
because every one of the 4,000 indians dying today is responsible for their official pandemic response.

the poor, itinerant workers, the elderly and infirm are the main victims of covid. how are they responsible for government incompetence?

it seems you do need basic sympathy explained to you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert, you would be a prime candidate for one of those human interest stories of a bit of a bigot traveling abroad to purge his insular viewpoints and generally reconnect with his humanity.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I've been to plenty of crapholes, thanks.

Obviously developed nations have a duty to make the world a better place, doesn't mean allowing free migration or travel out of a quarantine zone during a pandemic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard