Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,730|5031|eXtreme to the maX
All this fawning over Phil the Greek is hilarious, apparently he had affairs all over the place, he was visiting some trollop when he nearly killed two people in his range rover but mysteriously wasn't charged with any driving offence.
#FreeBritney
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,890|5697|USA

It seems to me like Brexit was done on a platform consisting of a huge lump of misinformation. Nobody was burning down the Buckingham Palace and tearing apart London, were they? Didn't people vote?

Anyway I think it's hardly an affair to base some sort of "ideal future change" off of. "Let's all change government on a wave of propaganda filled with lies and half-truths."

I haven't been reading any overly, unexpectedly mawkish coverage of Prince Philip. Just the usual stuff you can expect from a royal's death. 97 is probably too old to be driving. Short of several revolutionary medical breakthroughs in the future securing a much longer life, I'd have someone else drive me at that age.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,730|5031|eXtreme to the maX
Well the White House nearly got burned down a few months ago, it wouldn't take much to boot the royals.

If Nigel Farage could see a profit in it you can bet it would happen.
#FreeBritney
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,890|5697|USA

The rabble at the capitol was hardly a revolution. Uncomfortable portents of things to come with a large segment of the population exposed to propaganda and opportunistic politics, sure. But for now, just a bunch of butthurt guys with Pence spray painted out on their Trump flag, hoping the FBI won't figure out they broke into a federal building. (e: I do not mourn Pence's support from the Trump base, he's was part of the problem)

Suspect in Capitol riot allegedly 'severely beaten' by DC jail guards
https://www.foxnews.com/us/capitol-susp … ail-guards

More layers of irony here than icing on a wedding cake.

I don't understand your idea that it wouldn't take much effort to "boot the royals." Do you understand the process that would have to occur?
Larssen
Member
+62|813
In the future it may be recalled as one of the more bizarre episodes in our coming-of-age into the digital era.

Last edited by Larssen (2021-04-10 09:15:52)

uziq
Member
+395|2377

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its funny how France dismantled their ruling class only to replace it with another, now they're dismantling it again.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56674726
so what's your point? royalty bad? meritocracy bad? elite schools bad?

say something useful.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,730|5031|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The rabble at the capitol was hardly a revolution. Uncomfortable portents of things to come with a large segment of the population exposed to propaganda and opportunistic politics, sure. But for now, just a bunch of butthurt guys with Pence spray painted out on their Trump flag, hoping the FBI won't figure out they broke into a federal building. (e: I do not mourn Pence's support from the Trump base, he's was part of the problem)
Do you think most revolutionary mobs aren't rabbles?

However you look at it one half of the country is discontented an angry at any one time, the swings in the cycle are getting bigger and bigger.
The right and left both now engage in violent riot when they don't get what they want.
#FreeBritney
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,730|5031|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its funny how France dismantled their ruling class only to replace it with another, now they're dismantling it again.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56674726
so what's your point? royalty bad? meritocracy bad? elite schools bad?

say something useful.
It was an observation, it doesn't need a point.
#FreeBritney
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,890|5697|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The rabble at the capitol was hardly a revolution. Uncomfortable portents of things to come with a large segment of the population exposed to propaganda and opportunistic politics, sure. But for now, just a bunch of butthurt guys with Pence spray painted out on their Trump flag, hoping the FBI won't figure out they broke into a federal building. (e: I do not mourn Pence's support from the Trump base, he's was part of the problem)
Do you think most revolutionary mobs aren't rabbles?

However you look at it one half of the country is discontented an angry at any one time, the swings in the cycle are getting bigger and bigger.
The right and left both now engage in violent riot when they don't get what they want.
It's not that binary, dilbert. Not everyone disappointed in Trump's loss is ripping Pence out of their flags, getting violently drunk, and tearing up the trailer park at night. Not everyone angry at Trump's previous victory went around with sour faces keying cars with Trump stickers. 160 million people didn't protest at the capitol and beat their chests about what they were going to do if they got their hands on (insert politician name).

Even if the people who were there achieved their violent objectives, the Democratic process would not have been overthrown.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,730|5031|eXtreme to the maX
https://i.imgur.com/XXRaLRC.jpg
#FreeBritney
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,730|5031|eXtreme to the maX
Still not sure what to make of Phil the Greek, he had both a fucked up and privileged life.

I knew someone in the Navy who served on Britannia who said he was OK, and his mother was mad so we have that in common..
#FreeBritney
uziq
Member
+395|2377

Dilbert_X wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/XXRaLRC.jpg
it cuts off half the quote. the remark was made at a conservation/wildlife talk. he was expressing anger that human beings have eradicated so many species. the image in that form just makes him seem like a blood-sucking malthusian misanthrope.

aren't you always 'think of the poor animals?'
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,730|5031|eXtreme to the maX
Oh I agree with him.
#FreeBritney

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard