Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
unnamednewbie13
+1,886|5658|USA

Pondering about having to use it is one of the most uncomfortable thoughts I can have.

@warman ever considered getting it 3d printed?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+558|5600|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Warman, do you know if or when they are sending you overseas?
First, I need to be done with armor school and follow on courses before I even get to my unit. It also depends on when my ABCT's shift is up for deployment, all the brigades rotate in deployments.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

@warman ever considered getting it 3d printed?
I'm sure our beloved commander in chief would love that.

In all seriousness, I don't know anyone who 3d prints in my area. It definitely is something to consider now that you mentioned it. Hell, I could probably ask someone to design and print a frame to accept Glock mags as those are cheap compared to fricken overpriced mags Sig has, just hope the grip angle wouldn't suck for one of those, tried wielding a glock and didn't like my wrist position, probably has to do with first time shooting a pistol was with M17 which is more 1911 style and now I am only comfortable with that style.

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-04 16:02:15)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+1,886|5658|USA

I meant grips, not the whole gun. I think there are a few companies that already have a lot of that scanned and just ask you for the make/model on their web form. Sometimes flip for handedness if not an ambidextrous setup, which is a nice service.

e: I'm not sure what's permitted for a service pistol in the Army if that's what this is about though, so grain of salt.
War Man

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I meant grips, not the whole gun. I think there are a few companies that already have a lot of that scanned and just ask you for the make/model on their web form. Sometimes flip for handedness if not an ambidextrous setup, which is a nice service.

e: I'm not sure what's permitted for a service pistol in the Army if that's what this is about though, so grain of salt.
I've been looking, can't find any yet. I was only making a joke btw.

This isn't my service pistol, I wouldn't be deployed with this gun, I'd be given a government issued one(with ugly FDE color instead of the nice black my M18 has).

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-04 20:41:51)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+448|2606
https://fnamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/FDE_BLK_Social_2-2-850x850.jpg
It is really going to suck for the American soldiers fighting World War 3 in Nanjing when all of their guns are tan. Big contract to get some black guns in the future though.
unnamednewbie13
+1,886|5658|USA

War Man wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I've been looking, can't find any yet. I was only making a joke btw.

This isn't my service pistol, I wouldn't be deployed with this gun, I'd be given a government issued one(with ugly FDE color instead of the nice black my M18 has).
"3d printed pistol grips" via ddg gets me multiple results. Here's one guy:

https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips. … ducts.html
War Man
Asked the guy with link you gave, he doesn't do the p320... Most of those 3d printed grips are modifications of other pistols, not actual grip frames.

Did find this but the plastic is cheap and not meant to be dropped. I want some durability with the frame.

I am just going to get a regular compact frame and find the subcompact frame later. Maybe settle with the subcompact small frame as I can find those on gunbroker(albeit ridiculously priced).

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-05 17:39:49)

unnamednewbie13
+1,886|5658|USA

Well, good luck with that.

Maybe you could get a Ruger (to revive an old bf2s meme).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,729|4993|eXtreme to the maX
I tidied and reorganised my workshop, and threw out a load of surplus junk.

Now I have even less space than before.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2021-04-07 02:57:22)

#FreeBritney
War Man

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Well, good luck with that.

Maybe you could get a Ruger (to revive an old bf2s meme).
The Ruger57 is tempting, a nice cheap alternative to FN 5-7

Well, found a 3d printer to make a subcompact, but with carry/compact barrel length to equal slide length and will even make a safety cutout. I'll give it a shot.

Anyway I hate the zelle app $500 limit

Edit: I was the only bid for a particular gun on gunbroker, guy fricken cancels his order.

Last edited by War Man (2021-04-07 15:32:51)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,729|4993|eXtreme to the maX
Unless you positively need to shoot through body armour I'm not sure why anyone would want a 5.7x28 handgun.
The muzzle blast must be insane with 40% higher pressure than .357 magnum.
#FreeBritney

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard