Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Hi.

I have to buy new clothes to go back to work soon. I outgrew my other stuff.
Hi Macbeth

By outgrew do you mean emotionally or you put on a colossal amount of weight?

Obviously I'm drop-dead gorgeous in anything including overalls, have you tried business dorky? Its like business casual but for people who have given up on life.
Basically a polo shirt and any kind of trousers including shorts. You can wear a tie until someone flips and tells you not to. Make sure its a safety tie held on with elastic.

This is pretty much exactly what I look like except work shoes obviously.

https://cdn.lookastic.com/looks/black-polo-navy-chinos-white-low-top-sneakers-large-45477.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

He swears he is seeing new hair growth with the cream, but yeah from my perspective he's just delaying the inevitable. It still looks thin!
This is what the forum has come to?

SWIM Just gets his hair cut short and wears a hat a lot of the time.
lil_droo
+19|1464

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Hi.

I have to buy new clothes to go back to work soon. I outgrew my other stuff. I am not happy. I don't like 'business casual'. Business casual is an uniform in and of itself. I don't like the type of dressing up that online male fashion subs, websites, and magazines suggest. I feel like a wet cat, uncomfortable , and immobile with a tucked in shirt and tie. If I have to go back into a building and catch COVID, can I please not have to dress up business casual?

Please send help.
why can't u just wear jeans and shirt or something. i've never heard of teachers having to follow a strict dress code unless it's a private school or something
gang shit
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'd hazard that most public schools have guidelines on at least what not to wear. Mac would probably get a stern talking to if he showed up to class in a revealing mankini.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The dress code explicitly bans jeans and says our shirts need collars. Do polos count as shirts with a collar? Can I just wear a polo and khakis and call it a day? Do I have to tuck in my shirt? Tucking in your shirt is the most unnatural and uncomfortable thing in the world. I rather wear a tie than have to tuck in a shirt.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Larssen
+99|1857
I am pleased with the fact that my work requires suit and tie if I go to the office. Simplifies your wardrobe and always looks good.
uziq
+492|3422
suits definitely do not always look good.

a lot of people need to visit a tailor.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I decided to coach a sport. The coaches regardless of what subject they teach get to wear tracksuits to work. One such person referred to as Coach X by everyone wears a tracksuit with the school's logo on it to work everyday. I found out yesterday he hasn't coached a sport in almost a decade. What a chad.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Two thoughts immediately come to mind:

I hope he has more than one track suit

Can you imagine owning more than one track suit?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
If you own 5 tracksuits and a washer machine you will never have to buy work clothes ever again.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

Larssen wrote:

I am pleased with the fact that my work requires suit and tie if I go to the office. Simplifies your wardrobe and always looks good.
Pre-pandemic, how frequently did you need to go to the office? Follow-up: how many suits do you own?
lil_droo
+19|1464

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The dress code explicitly bans jeans and says our shirts need collars. Do polos count as shirts with a collar? Can I just wear a polo and khakis and call it a day? Do I have to tuck in my shirt? Tucking in your shirt is the most unnatural and uncomfortable thing in the world. I rather wear a tie than have to tuck in a shirt.
Just tuck in the front of your shirt. Sometimes I tuck all  the way just depends on the fit and vibe I'm going for. I don't tuck too often tho
gang shit
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Polo and khakis is like THE Christian school uniform. If you want to look like a private school kid, go for it. Personally, I wouldn't opt out of a button up in teaching. Make it a fly fishing shirt if I don't want a tie.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

If you own 5 tracksuits and a washer machine you will never have to buy work clothes ever again.
Plus you can walk crotch first everywhere you go.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Polo and khakis is like THE Christian school uniform. If you want to look like a private school kid, go for it. Personally, I wouldn't opt out of a button up in teaching. Make it a fly fishing shirt if I don't want a tie.
I already said this, business dorky.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

So were you not recommending a polo shirt for real? I mean it probably isn't a good look for a high school teacher to seem like they just got off from the night shift at Target.

If Mac's building has good AC I'd suggest a friendly pullover sweater. I've observed that a suit and jacket can sometimes put students in a more serious mood, but I'm sure that varies from class to class. Didn't he once say he wanted to set an example for the boys in class, or was that one of the alter egos at work.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Macbeth could probably hide a rascally mankini underneath a well-tailored suit.
Larssen
+99|1857
I remember reading a discussion about the gamer aesthetic some time ago, I saw this and just had to post

https://external-preview.redd.it/v40IVnCiNW6SonlKmfkE1ivssS2zgZyOfgzPbVZO8jg.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=774c4fbac72be1900dbde61961e179d18eb91bd7

Look at this ugly shit lmao

Last edited by Larssen (2021-04-21 01:36:47)

uziq
+492|3422
overgrown maladapted man-children.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I can understand to some extent if that's basically your job. It's sort of the expected aesthetic. Although obviously not every game vlogger sports it. What's incredible to me is when I find one who's married with children.

The triangle lamp panels, while extremely tacky, is probably a step over carpeting your wall with anime posters. Wouldn't look too out of place in an electronics library, like a video rental glow.
Larssen
+99|1857
I can hear the dubstep blaring in the background.

It's something you see in games all the time as well. Why the fuck are all future-set games or even just upgrades in any game always neon-lit with oversaturated colours.

It'll be interesting to see if this is just a generational aesthetic and the whole thing changes in 10-20 some years.

Last edited by Larssen (2021-04-21 10:26:05)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Game devs love blade runner
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

That's not always true. Fallout might give you tetanus just by looking at it. The new Outlanders as well. Titanfall. Not to mention pretty much anything like 40k or battletech.

I like how in the picture you posted it looks like he's engrossed in something but it's just the desktop.
uziq
+492|3422

Larssen wrote:

It'll be interesting to see if this is just a generational aesthetic and the whole thing changes in 10-20 some years.
undoubtedly. 'gamer' tech even 15 years ago looked quite different in terms of peripherals, case design, overall design aesthetic and branding, etc.

i've always resisted RGB and neon lights. i feel like i turned away from gaming and desktop PCs generally for 5 or so years and when i looked back, every motherboard had 'RGB controllers' and keyboard manufacturers were selling units based on being able to do varicoloured mexican waves. wtf? i guess there was some breakthrough in affordable RGB lighting or something which led to it getting into everything like industrial contaminants in the river system. a similar thing has happened with 'intelligent lighting' systems making their way into homes: most gamer dens look that way now simply because they can for the first time.

my first ever desktop PC (circa 1999) was an all-black dell thing. 'big' black 22-inch CRT. matte black. i've pretty much stuck with that design aesthetic ever since. it's funny looking at gamer 'stations' from the classic WoW era, too, all the white plastic, IBM-style keyboards, huge CRTs, etc. i prefer it to the current-gen aesthetic, at least.

at one point gaming brands entered into some awful synergy with energy drink brands. current gamers have a real 'monster energy' aesthetic about them. gaming is not an extreme sport. drinking high-calorie, caffeinated drinks and burning out your eyeballs with rainbow RGB is not 'rad'. stop that.

Last edited by uziq (2021-04-21 16:39:17)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

tldr, rusty bent saw:

Colored lighting was novel when it came to games. At that point it was widely used. Rebel Moon Rising (?) as I recall made a big deal of talking it up and the game looked a bit like Christmas at war for it. It didn't take very long for things to mature and be a little more reserved as a rule.

https://i.imgur.com/CpIzSlx.jpg
the book was surprisingly ok for what I was expecting

I don't think that development (maturing) has happened for hardware lighting yet. It's stuck in a perpetual state of adolescence where even an errant thumb drive might stab your eyeballs with a tiny blue LED. Even hardware that has an off switch for that junk sometimes doesn't let you turn it all off. My router for example would look at home on the bridge of the starship enterprise, but the most obnoxious LED on it is the one that's perma lit, unaffected by the hardware switch in the back of the device. People shouldn't have to resort to bits of electrical tape or having to throw a blackout t-shirt over some piece of gear in their room just so they can have a nice sleep. A lot of this stuff should be made in mind that with limited living space, some of it will be set up in a bedroom.

All paling of course in the face of gaming PCs, which are basically an analogy for someone retaining a middle school mindset in their 40s. If anything, they've gotten more obnoxious over the years. I had one of those cold cathode bars in my pre-2010 PC that when turned on would shine green light out the front and back of the perforations in the LIAN-LI chassis (there were no side windows). It was novel for about a month, before I unplugged it.

My PC today lights up the office out the back of the machine. It's not too disruptive because it's a white light shining out the back of my 2070 in a lit home office, but a lot of the other hardware in it emits the blue at a level far exceeding the graphics card's output. I keep the thing off the desk and out of my peripheral vision. Definitely bought the HAF X for its cooling profile. The exterior is such a mess to keep clean, and I am about at the 0% tolerance level for side windows.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard