omelette9%9% - 1
poached/coddled0%0% - 0
rancheros9%9% - 1
sandwich0%0% - 0
scrambled36%36% - 4
Total: 11
uziq
+492|3422
anyone who sits down and proceeds to dunk their food into a big pile of condiment like ketchup or mayo is an infant who hasn’t moved past certain oral-anal fixations. you can’t prove me wrong.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Either it was soak the pizza in ranch dressing or accept it as the rubberized, sickly-green cardboard it was. I imagine a number of American palates have been partially corrupted by the experience. It was the taste we came to expect and was still the better of the offerings from school cafeterias.

I don't believe I've partaken since graduation.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

anyone who sits down and proceeds to dunk their food into a big pile of condiment like ketchup or mayo is an infant who hasn’t moved past certain oral-anal fixations. you can’t prove me wrong.
Maybe people who don't use condiments are something something Freud something.

Anyway, this is our national dish, I think it has its own holiday.

https://naughtybeancafe.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/PotatoWedgesWebsite.454.png
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
i mean potato wedges are probably fair game. it’s the people who need ketchup on the side of their sunday roast who are degenerates.
uziq
+492|3422
another culprit is sriracha. i had an ex girlfriend who would squeeze it on everything. there was almost no dish that couldn’t be ‘improved’ by an overpowering, sharp chilli and garlic tang. i mean c’mon. i like hot sauces as much as anyone else but there are limits.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Mustard and horseradish are OK, ketchup with everything - obviously not.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Ketchup isn't actually that bad on scrambled eggs, but I save it for camping where your ingredients are basically stuff that's usually taken camping.

Fight me.

Wasabi I will (even) eat on its own.
uziq
+492|3422
prefer a light dash of tobasco or a similar hot sauce on eggs, or fresh parsley/chives. anything but the very nicest ketchup is just awful chemical sugary nothingness. ruins anything it's put in.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Ketchup makes eggs bearable.
uziq
+492|3422
a pinch of salt and pepper is all an egg needs to be way better than bearable.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Salt and pepper are superior. Usually I'll do away with the pepper if hardboiled. Scrambled gets pepper. Tabasco is also good. Any hot sauce in an omelette is yum, but it's easy to go overboard and suffer for it later.

I prefer not to dress simple eggs up too much with sprinkling herbs and veggies on them unless a recipe specifically calls for it.
Larssen
+99|1857
salt and pepper is seasoning, that's a different ballgame. No one ever complains that there's too much cumin in a curry.

I mean yes I agree that condiments can suck and it really enrages me if I put effort into a great meal, or someone gets served a great meal in a restaurant, and the first thing they do is ask for fucking ketchup or mayo. I didn't spend so much time perfecting my pan sauce for you to ruin it with mayo. Any barbarian who pulls that in my vicinity is no longer invited for dinner get togethers.

Nonetheless, mayo has its place and is a great condiment. Besides being a 10/10 side for shitty comfort food and fries, it also has some application in actually good dishes too. You can work it into quite a few salad dressings. Quality of mayo can vary quite a bit too. IMHO the best mayo's are found in belgium/the netherlands and poland.
Larssen
+99|1857

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

You have the palate of a rustbelt opoid addict. I bet you wash all that mayo down with a liter of mountain dew
I recently saw mountain dew in one of the supermarkets here. That drink is fucking awful.

I only drink water actually. No coffee/tea, maybe some orange juice here and there but other than that it's water all the way (and alcohol).

mayo is great fite me
uziq
+492|3422
why don't you consume caffeine if you drink alcohol anyway? choosing your vices a bit unwisely there. or don't you get along with the taste?

if i could cut out one category or type of beverage, it would obviously be alcohol.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

I didn't spend so much time perfecting my pan sauce for you to ruin it with mayo.
Wow you're really using all the extra time your robo-vacuum has given you to great effect.
I only drink water actually. No coffee/tea, maybe some orange juice here and there but other than that it's water all the way (and alcohol).
You almost redeemed yourself at the end.
Larssen
+99|1857
my robo vacuum has been one of the best investments I've ever made

re; caffeine, I hate coffee. I also have to leave hot drinks for like 10 mins if I don't want to burn my mouth. As for alcohol, I drink beer or wine occasionally. It's not habitual. Sometimes on the weekends and only really if I'm with other people. Or when going out, but there hasn't been much of that lately.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Are you going to get one of those robo window vacuums that "walks" across the surface?
Larssen
+99|1857
I pay a window washer 10 euro every ~6 weeks
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

my robo vacuum has been one of the best investments I've ever made

re; caffeine, I hate coffee. I also have to leave hot drinks for like 10 mins if I don't want to burn my mouth. As for alcohol, I drink beer or wine occasionally. It's not habitual. Sometimes on the weekends and only really if I'm with other people. Or when going out, but there hasn't been much of that lately.
If coffee could be 110C I'd take it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I'll drink hot tea and whisky when I'm out backpacking but I can't really do hot drinks either. I've never been one to drink coffee.
lil_droo
+19|1465
mi huevos on tu madre. Otherwise scrambled in the grease after your done cooking bacon with cheese and salt and pepper
gang shit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard