DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Warning signs notwithstanding, I hope you have learned something to apply to your future endeavors.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I doubt it.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Read your heart! I want to worship a God that can read my pancreas like a palm.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I doubt it.
Jut remember, 30-something girls don't want to 'date', they want to extract your essence.

Either do or do not, there is no 'date'.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
lots of 30-something women just want to date. some have even had kids already.

dilbert, in your long list of various masteries and expertises, women are nowhere.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

Dilbert_X wrote:

Everyone can learn, its the people who want to neither think nor learn who cause the trouble.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

uziq wrote:

One case I recall, a neighbor of mine years back got completely pussy-whipped by a 30+ gal who had no kids but wanted them. His schedule and allowed behaviors were utterly reforged to suit her preferences. She also hated his cat and thought cats would kill babies or extract their souls/essences or something. The cat disappeared shortly before they moved away with their new kid, and the guy has no idea what happened to him. I hate to throw unfounded accusations, though since I'm not naming names I think it's safe to mention that I think she dumped it somewhere.

There's exceptions to the norm, I guess.

The man had a solid tradesman income and was like 6'4" or something. Could've been a model for an outdoorsman catalogue. He could have probably done better than an unwashed tyrant.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
A lot of people think cats smother babies on purpose. Your 6'4 outdoorsman settling for a lunatic lady bothers me less than pretty girls settling for overweight guys.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I don't feel too bad for him since he was in charge of his own destiny and all (and was himself a little flaky). But I do feel sorry for the cat. It was a good cat that I catsitted on a few occasions. It would always hop up on a chair to be pulled around the house for a bit while hanging its head over the edge. I hope if she stole it away she at least dropped it off at a remote shelter. Long shot, though.
uziq
+492|3422

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

uziq wrote:

One case I recall, a neighbor of mine years back got completely pussy-whipped by a 30+ gal who had no kids but wanted them. His schedule and allowed behaviors were utterly reforged to suit her preferences. She also hated his cat and thought cats would kill babies or extract their souls/essences or something. The cat disappeared shortly before they moved away with their new kid, and the guy has no idea what happened to him. I hate to throw unfounded accusations, though since I'm not naming names I think it's safe to mention that I think she dumped it somewhere.

There's exceptions to the norm, I guess.

The man had a solid tradesman income and was like 6'4" or something. Could've been a model for an outdoorsman catalogue. He could have probably done better than an unwashed tyrant.
she sounds neurotic and like she needs therapy. that is not representative of the sort of 30-something you’d find on a dating app in a major city.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

She was one of the most bizarre women I've ever met. Not typical at all.
uziq
+492|3422
imo 30s is when people get their shit together and level out, relax within themselves, get comfortable with dating and knowing what they like and don’t like, want and don’t want. most of the dates i’ve had with women older than me have that vibe. it’s nice. 20-somethings are still too full of insecurities or unresolved personal dramas from their childhoods, or they still don’t know who they are or what they’re going to be. that sort of unresolved vagueness or dreaminess leads to a lot of emotional flare-ups and relationship turbulence.

the idea that all women are powerless to listen to their biological clock and just want to ‘trap’ a man is utter claptrap. no surprises it comes from a guy living at home whose relations with women are entirely transactional.

i still don’t know many people with children or who have started families, but i did date a woman who already had a kid earlier in her 20s, separated from the father but still had a good relationship, had a career, etc, and just wanted to date occasionally in order to have fun and enjoy herself from time to time. literally just an independent woman. she didn’t want a ‘baby daddy’ and she wasn’t a ‘bunny boiler’. just a woman who knew what she wanted and was in charge of her shit. which is more than most men can say on the emotional and psychosexual front — just look at all the maladapts here.

give women a fucking break ffs.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

uziq wrote:

imo 30s is when people get their shit together and level out, relax within themselves, get comfortable with dating and knowing what they like and don’t like, want and don’t want.
Apparently she didn't want a cat.
uziq
+492|3422
i think by implication a 30-something guy, sailing on an even keel, should also be able to identify and avoid people who are not good for them.

it takes two to get into an unsuitable or damaging relationship.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

It's impossible to know from here what's really going through mac's date's head. Maybe she just hasn't dated in awhile and is nervous about it? Afraid to seem disinterested, so hyper-involved.

Anxiety about people not replying to a text for like five minutes or more is practically a meme, though not one I've ever had to work through.

Just be yourself mac, except the part about feeding dogs broken glass or whatever. That probably won't mesh well.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Oh back to my story I guess.

I told the girl last night that we should just be friends and she melted down. Believe it or not I am actually an easy going person IRL so I told her the whole "it's not you, it's me" thing and how we can just be friends etc. I promised to call her the next day to talk but as friends. We talked for awhile and she keeps trying to flirt with me and I just brush it off. She sent me a text a moment ago "I miss your hugs and your kisses". I'm not responding to that text at all. I know I probably shouldn't have called her today to be a nice friend because it probably sent mixed messages.

I think this girl is just desperate and lonely and latched onto me for reasons.
uziq
+492|3422
1 0 0 %
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
My only question is why'd you say "it's not you, it's me" when a lot of her behavior was weirdly smothering. If she continues that shit with some other chump, it will also be too much, too quickly.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Eventually she will find some guy who would give up his cat for her.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

A lot of people think cats smother babies on purpose. Your 6'4 outdoorsman settling for a lunatic lady bothers me less than pretty girls settling for overweight guys.
Hold on just a minute there.

A woman not liking cats is the biggest possible red flag though.

https://media.socastsrm.com/wordpress/wp-content/blogs.dir/383/files/2020/09/1339.png

Jut run.

I know two blokes who were instructed by women to sell all their firearms and motorcycles, it didn't make any of them any happier.
uziq
+492|3422
people don’t like their partners to have lethal firearms in the house or high-speed suicide devices, who knew? they must all be crazy bitches.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
They're going to die angry and alone anyway, why shouldn't their husband enjoy their life?
uziq
+492|3422
ehm i think you may be projecting a bit there, resident angry-and-alone guy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

If she likes cats maybe we can hook her up with Dilbert, who would never dream of drop-kicking a puppy off a bridge. She's an American (I think?) so maybe she likes guns too.

e: would need full disclosure on dilb's prostitution, though
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Dilbert's prostitution is something called "disqualifying" for a lot of women.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard