uziq
+492|3422
neither are very high on my list but at least the people sat with you at the opera are clean and know how to use a napkin.
Larssen
+99|1857

uziq wrote:

lol ffs. please don't insult bad american cultural exports because my grandfather gets night sweats from his time at omaha beach.
Next time any of you are critical of my posts I'll have you know my opa fought in the eastern front and he's very displeased by your insensitivity to his grandson
uziq
+492|3422
sure, we might be over-producing comic book movies and making transformers CGI movies that pander to china.

but you guys invented nazis.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

lol ffs. please don't insult bad american cultural exports because my grandfather gets night sweats from his time at omaha beach.
Not going to lie, kind of sucks to snark about it. Larssen is just being purposefully difficult. Cats is a "trash american export" and is also "a tribute to ww2," ok. My original snap was just sarcastically thanking Europe for exporting a large chunk of WW2. Admittedly an overreach from annoyance at the usual European shitting on of America, but I didn't expect you'd shit on old WW2 vets with PTSD, holy heck. What next, make a joke about Auschwitz survivors?

This is the weirdest fucking aside of 2021 here.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Cats as a topic is very 90's. I am old enough to remember seeing Cats commercials while watching Seinfeld as a child. Did they even advertise Cats out on the west coast? Was there a regional production in LA or something at the same time?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The only Cats ad I actually remember was a poster on the wall of a computer class. I wasn't very in tune with TV culture at the time. Like a decade long gap I've only partially caught up with. I think the local stage had a showing of it, but I've never been.
uziq
+492|3422

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

uziq wrote:

Not going to lie, kind of sucks to snark about it. Larssen is just being purposefully difficult. Cats is a "trash american export" and is also "a tribute to ww2," ok. My original snap was just sarcastically thanking Europe for exporting a large chunk of WW2. Admittedly an overreach from annoyance at the usual European shitting on of America, but I didn't expect you'd shit on old WW2 vets with PTSD, holy heck. What next, make a joke about Auschwitz survivors?

i'm not joking about vets having PTSD. i am saying they have absolutely zero to do with fucking Cats. hahahah. it's such a ridiculous premise.

larssen affecting to be the cultured european whilst being mightily impressed by Tenet (and not having watched the majority of actually good european cinema, i can guarantee) is funny too, yes. but you don't have to invoke nazis and the blood and the bones of d-day to reject his posturing.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Larssen wrote:

uziq wrote:

Next time any of you are critical of my posts I'll have you know my opa fought in the eastern front and he's very displeased by your insensitivity to his grandson
Definitely dutch!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

i'm not joking about vets having PTSD. i am saying they have absolutely zero to do with fucking Cats. hahahah. it's such a ridiculous premise.

larssen affecting to be the cultured european whilst being mightily impressed by Tenet (and not having watched the majority of actually good european cinema, i can guarantee) is funny too, yes. but you don't have to invoke nazis and the blood and the bones of d-day to reject his posturing.
Fine, I just hope you can understand that I have family and country on the mind right now with a dead relative, maybe another soon, and 400,000+ dead Americans. Some Euro bozo schleps into a conversation all with a random "garbage American exports" or whatever I'm probably going to snap back on impulse given that my mind's been wandering from family story to story, including the ones where a lifetime of gross was inflicted on them in a European war. You do remember me snapping back at your "there's a thing called a pandemic going on" like a week after my uncle died in it, right?

Anyway my intent wasn't to call him a nazi or specifically associate mass death (of anything but brain cells) with Cats as you insinuate. "Garbage American Exports" rubbed me in just the wrong way.

I'm going to take a break because I've got the impression it's all being taken lightly, which probably isn't true, and I'm feeling short enough as it is.
uziq
+492|3422
america is responsible for a lot of garbage exports. are we supposed to not talk about them because *checks notes* you suck at covid?

let me tell you: those star wars movies suck ass.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Oh fuck off, plenty of American movies suck. I've *checks notes* talked about them here plenty. Worthless point. I already admitted to overreaction, sit the fuck down.
uziq
+492|3422
listen, the anzio landings were okay and all, that's fine; but who do i write to about this fucking ghostbusters sequel?
Larssen
+99|1857

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Larssen wrote:

uziq wrote:

Definitely dutch!
German. You don't go around calling your grandpa Großväter, you say Opa. The dutch use the same word is all.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
One of the old lady aides I have has a German last name. She said her father fought in World War 2. She didn't say what side.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/66c32467a02327da2aab938ca14b95f9/tenor.gif?itemid=4265641
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Larssen
+99|1857
In all seriousness the history is still tragic. I felt particularly overcome with sadness when I visited the site of the Somme and saw all the allied graves had flowers and pictures at every stone while at the german ones seeing a cared for grave was an exception. Endless sombre rows of crosses that only few people visited. The shame still runs deep, for both wars.

Last edited by Larssen (2021-01-19 09:50:32)

uziq
+492|3422
jesus christ guys why are we all being lachrymose over the death toll of WW2 in a discussion about CATS.

The shame still runs deep, for both wars.
lol losers

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/13/21/dd/1321dde01ee4255e552665e835e6f6bc.jpg

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-19 10:02:54)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

It stopped being about cats really several posts back. Larssen, sorry I snapped at you. Dilbert, Cats 98 was still better if we even want to call 19 a bar, and your butthole cut is weird. Uzique, I dunno, keep twisting that knife, it's what you've always been good at when someone's raw (I surprised myself). Go for a vital, I won't fight back.
uziq
+492|3422
the funniest thing about the EU is that polyglot eurocrats are still promoting english language provision as a means of furthering european integration.

you really love to see it!
Larssen
+99|1857
Mhm how's brexit going
uziq
+492|3422
might i recommend a switch to magyar?

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/001/139/713/d64.png

Last edited by uziq (2021-01-19 10:25:23)

Larssen
+99|1857
https://www.politico.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/I160623c-1024x697.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Classic Ben Garrison with the labels. How is diversity shooting a hole in the deck if diversity itself is an old, wooden ship, though?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I like how the waves are literally labeled "waves of immigration". He is not good at this.
uziq
+492|3422
amusingly bad, imo.
uziq
+492|3422

biden's performance here is amazing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard