Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
uziq
Member
+383|2265




Last edited by uziq (2021-01-10 16:42:55)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,700|5550|Oxferd Ohire
I like the last one. Forgot about Instra:mental.


Last edited by RTHKI (2021-01-10 19:02:05)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,717|4919|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

oh look, a 10-minute tutorial from 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SVYuxooBg

it's almost like i know exactly what i'm talking about, and you have no FUCKING clue.

so if it takes '10-15 minutes' to do, as i said to pochsy in a post about 13 laborious, unnecessary posts ago, one would think they better be doing something strikingly bold and interesting with it, at least. there better be some pay-off, right? some point to it? oh, wait, pochsy's example mixed together the best-selling rap artist of last year with one of the most well-known electronic tunes of all time? wow, amazing. revelatory. i'm so glad this producer decided to click+drag two incredibly obvious, overplayed tunes together into a DAW. thank you sir, 10/10!
And how hard is it to produce your, um,music.

Epstein didn't kill himself
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,871|5585|USA

That's kind of cool though. I'd expect to hear something like it in a Tron game of the older style.
uziq
Member
+383|2265

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

oh look, a 10-minute tutorial from 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SVYuxooBg

it's almost like i know exactly what i'm talking about, and you have no FUCKING clue.

so if it takes '10-15 minutes' to do, as i said to pochsy in a post about 13 laborious, unnecessary posts ago, one would think they better be doing something strikingly bold and interesting with it, at least. there better be some pay-off, right? some point to it? oh, wait, pochsy's example mixed together the best-selling rap artist of last year with one of the most well-known electronic tunes of all time? wow, amazing. revelatory. i'm so glad this producer decided to click+drag two incredibly obvious, overplayed tunes together into a DAW. thank you sir, 10/10!
And how hard is it to produce your, um,music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TGWtK70-E
you have literally no clue whatsoever what you’re talking about.

i honestly don’t know why you even pursue these conversations. you sound like a child.

have you ever opened music software in your life? ever used a synthesiser or a drum machine? ever even multi-tracked a recording on a 4-track? ever summed a mix? ever mastered a song?

did you even play any instruments in your childhood or growing up into the sad sack man you are?

why do you keep going on about ‘how difficult are things to make’ when you don’t know ANYTHING about these processes? lmao. 

i just showed you how easy it is to ‘mash’ two songs together in software using a tool that literally does 95% of the work. i explained historically why mash-ups became popular, their proliferation with easy technology. and your answer? an old man making a fool of himself, yet again.



Last edited by uziq (2021-01-11 02:00:26)

uziq
Member
+383|2265

RTHKI wrote:

I like the last one. Forgot about Instra:mental.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjuBUzyyuJo
new dBridge album soon! first one in years

uziq
Member
+383|2265
i actually really miss that era in UK music, instra:mental and the club autonomic broadcasts. london felt like it was taking off into another dimension then. sort of 2009 onwards for me, but think it started a few years earlier. totally new sounds and so much mystery and buzz about it.









so so nostalgic for me!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+436|2533

Thanks Trump for bringing back this banger
https://i.imgur.com/Jv2KWyQ.png
Still was part of the Metal Gear Solid V soundtrack so this song reminds me of Phantom Pain.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,871|5585|USA

Could they not get permission from a live artist, or was it not an official function.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,717|4919|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

oh look, a 10-minute tutorial from 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67SVYuxooBg

it's almost like i know exactly what i'm talking about, and you have no FUCKING clue.

so if it takes '10-15 minutes' to do, as i said to pochsy in a post about 13 laborious, unnecessary posts ago, one would think they better be doing something strikingly bold and interesting with it, at least. there better be some pay-off, right? some point to it? oh, wait, pochsy's example mixed together the best-selling rap artist of last year with one of the most well-known electronic tunes of all time? wow, amazing. revelatory. i'm so glad this producer decided to click+drag two incredibly obvious, overplayed tunes together into a DAW. thank you sir, 10/10!
And how hard is it to produce your, um,music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TGWtK70-E
you have literally no clue whatsoever what you’re talking about.

i honestly don’t know why you even pursue these conversations. you sound like a child.

have you ever opened music software in your life? ever used a synthesiser or a drum machine? ever even multi-tracked a recording on a 4-track? ever summed a mix? ever mastered a song?

did you even play any instruments in your childhood or growing up into the sad sack man you are?

why do you keep going on about ‘how difficult are things to make’ when you don’t know ANYTHING about these processes? lmao. 

i just showed you how easy it is to ‘mash’ two songs together in software using a tool that literally does 95% of the work. i explained historically why mash-ups became popular, their proliferation with easy technology. and your answer? an old man making a fool of himself, yet again.

https://vimeo.com/223378825

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYrQC-jWMFM
So we're agreed? Making a mashup is just as easy as producing the musical brain cancer you listen to?
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+383|2265
that’s nice. move along.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,717|4919|eXtreme to the maX
And I was trying to be conciliatory.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+383|2265
that brain cancer won a grammy. so if the judges and fine folks on their board, who i’m sure are as ginger and liver-spotted as you are by this point, like it, i’m sure you can apply yourself.

i think it’s obvious that composing and producing just about any original song is an order of magnitude more creative, difficult, imaginative and all-round interesting to listen to than someone dragging two existing songs into  a mash-up algorithm.
uziq
Member
+383|2265
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+436|2533
This song was corny even back in 2004 but it is fun thinking back on what it was like to be 14


this is still fun
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,717|4919|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

that brain cancer won a grammy. so if the judges and fine folks on their board, who i’m sure are as ginger and liver-spotted as you are by this point, like it, i’m sure you can apply yourself.
Is this what winning a grammy looks like?

https://d.newsweek.com/en/full/1562161/lady-gaga-grammy-awards.jpg

LMAO

https://i.imgur.com/hzN3zZU.png
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+383|2265
i was appealing to your own criteria of ‘success’, dipshit. clearly i do not give a fuck about grammy’s or the charts or the spotify 100 or anything.

did the 'ginger and liver-spotted judges' part of the post not make it obvious that i don't regard them as the most relevant arbiters of taste? jesus christ, you are lamentable.


Last edited by uziq (2021-01-13 01:20:50)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,717|4919|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

i do not give a fuck about grammy’s or the charts or the spotify 100 or anything.
I thought for a minute there you were excited that the sort of stuff ambulance-chasing neurosurgeons would put on the market to drive up business got a bit of mainstream attention for a brief moment.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+383|2265
where have i mentioned, even in passing, in 15+ years on this forum, that 'oh this one is extra good because it won an award' or 'this one hit no. 1!'.

i am deeply invested in music, in 'scenes', from the ground-level up. what a gaggle of octogenarians in los angeles or wherever deem to be 'the best'  is hardly a matter of interest to me.

it's funny though that lady gaga shares company with my 'modem music'. that's something for you to work out in your weird little value system, not me.

what's an ambulance-chasing neurosurgeon? a slightly confusing concept. are there many private neurosurgery clinics offering elective surgeries? you might need to sharpen your act a little, there's audible boos and hisses emanating from the crowd.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,717|4919|eXtreme to the maX
https://media0.giphy.com/media/xULW8hrrGJbixeGfCw/200.gif
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+383|2265
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,717|4919|eXtreme to the maX
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7e/76/8a/7e768aeecb36846d8f339a9c4a77e19d.gif
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+383|2265
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BHup81lEjqo/maxresdefault.jpg

uziq
Member
+383|2265


Last edited by uziq (2021-01-13 08:53:30)

lil_droo
Member
+17|308
https://twitter.com/KillBighead/status/ … 2028553219

this shit actually kinda bangs lmao. bighead is the goat producer
gang shit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard