KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

I can definitely name all the states without a map. In alphabetical order even!

You guys never had to remember that song?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I also remember having to learn the state capitols. Many aren't very interesting cities to study. I wonder how many people were turned off of geography over the sheer dryness of the presentation.
I once had to memorize the Presidents

1. Washington Johnson blah blah blah you know the rest
I don't think lists like this are a particularly useful thing to teach people without some sort of context or human story to go with it. I can't really think of a mnemonic that do much more for the presidents than confuse matters. I just remember how they sounded and repeated it verbally until I had it down. I should definitely refresh on them but I think my efforts would be better spent learning more US history.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I can definitely name all the states without a map. In alphabetical order even!

You guys never had to remember that song?
Oh god now I remember it.

Alabama and Alaska Arizona Arkansas
California Colorado and Connecticut and more.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
You guys got SONGS?! My teachers just said, "memorize the 50 states or imma get my switch out again".

You see, "switch" meant something different back then. Not something you looked forward to.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I would probably have gotten in trouble had I been at a switch school. Nearly was (late 80s/early 90s) I think until my parents got the crazy eye from a private school guy talking lovingly about the paddle. I could entirely picture myself chasing a teacher down the hall thwacking them back. There's no way I'd have gotten in trouble at home, more like taken out for ice cream.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
Tried the Europe quiz on Sporcle I posted last page and crapped out at 45/47 with 2 minutes left. Failed to get Spoiler (highlight to read):
Montenegro and Romania because I always confuse Romania with Bulgaria

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard