Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6116|eXtreme to the maX

DesertFox- wrote:

Was that in response to the Rittenhouse shootings? I don't think I get it.
I guess the point they're trying to make was Rittenhouse would have been beaten to death by a rampaging mob in Chicago.
It doesn't really work but anyway.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1341355364734918657

this is literally modern britain under boris's lot.
Its as if they are lurching from crisis to crisis trying to distract from the fact they have no practical experience or track record of doing anything.

Meanwhile, my state premier, with a background running pizza restaurants, is doing a pretty good job.
How is it that a gaggle of Oxbridge twats underperform in every area?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-12-22 16:35:35)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://i.imgur.com/Og35yH1.jpg
uziq
+492|3463
that guy should definitely patent that idea.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3730
"Anti-masker attempts to assault store employee with cart after being confronted. From Orange County, CA"
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … _employee/
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Attempted assault? Straight up assault, and battery with an improvised weapon, the threat and the contact. If the employee so much as pulled a muscle it would be even easier to tack that on.

Assault + aggravated battery? Could be argued for. Though the employee touched the cart first, the idiot customer tried to smash in his face with it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6642|949

Orange County is home base for entitled white people. We have locally famous antimaskers who impersonate federal officials, antagonize workers at upscale markets, and are willing to physically assault people in order to recognize their freedom to...not wear a mask?

What's weird is that for all these outrageous videos coming out of  here, I have not seen a single mask protest, unmasked person, or any sort of confrontation around pandemic procedures. The only thing that comes to mind is watching a guy who just came out of a store rip off his mask as if he just flew an intense sortie over the demilitarized zone. It made me laugh out loud in my car.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

lmao

Masks are probably unpleasant to wear if you're a halitosis-having mouth breather, I'll grant them that. For the record, I haven't seen any mask freak-outs in person here either. I've seen a lot of people forgetting about them and having to walk back to their car halfway across the parking lot, so that's fun. Usually nobody to blame but themselves.
uziq
+492|3463
https://twitter.com/independentsage/sta … 38240?s=21

independent scientific advisory group in the UK are freaking out about our xmas rules. the situation is out of control and the government have set new restrictions to come in place on boxing day. the situation is out of control now.

january is going to be so miserable.
Larssen
+99|1898
well at least you now have a brexit deal.

The first of multiple to follow.
uziq
+492|3463
i’ll pass on any celebration of a deal like that.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

uziq wrote:

i’ll pass on any celebration of a deal like that.
My conservative American friends are really impressed about the deal though! Which aspect of it, they couldn't say.
Larssen
+99|1898
The problem here though is that the government of the UK and the EU commission have treated the entire ratification process as some sideshow formality. This could still backfire enormously. Both the UK and EU parliaments still need the opportunity to democratically scrutinise the deal, and each individual country in the EU still has to agree to the deal. If agreement by the countries isn't unanimous, national parliaments may also need/want to vote on the deal.

All in all this could still take a long time if things don't go 100% smoothly. I don't think the people in the EP or the house of commons are pleased with the fact that they'll now face a government and commission that will wag the finger and tut-tut them with a 'deadline' of a few days whereas they took YEARS to negotiate.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Seems to be all the benefits of free trade without EU political control of Britain.
Also without free movement of people - which will mean British aren't free to move around Europe - get used to a decade of purple faced old coots ranting "no-one told me Brexit would mean THIS" as the gendarmerie pull them over to check their papers.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

https://twitter.com/independentsage/status/1342051746307338240?s=21

independent scientific advisory group in the UK are freaking out about our xmas rules. the situation is out of control and the government have set new restrictions to come in place on boxing day. the situation is out of control now.

january is going to be so miserable.
Apparently Cummings triggered a lot of people to ignore the rules anyway.
Britain does seem to have become a nation of selfish short-sighted people.
uziq
+492|3463
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021 … lague-year

the new yorker has dedicated an entire issue to the covid crisis. including a 30,000-word piece.
uziq
+492|3463
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … erreported

... aaaaaand doof. here we go. after exactly ONE YEAR of covid, russia admits their death toll is THREE TIMES the reported figure.

absolutely scandalous.

Russia said on Monday that its coronavirus death toll was more than three times higher than it had previously reported, making it the country with the third-largest number of fatalities.

For months, the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, has boasted about Russia’s low fatality rate from the virus, saying earlier this month that it had done a better job at managing the pandemic than western countries.

But since early in the pandemic, some Russian experts have said the government was playing down the country’s outbreak.

On Monday, Russian officials admitted that was true. The Rosstat statistics agency said that the number of deaths from all causes recorded between January and November had risen by 229,700 compared with the previous year.

“More than 81% of this increase in mortality over this period is due to Covid,” said the deputy prime minister, Tatiana Golikova, meaning that more than 186,000 Russians have died from Covid-19.

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-28 11:44:21)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6786|Moscow, Russia
what's "scandalous" about that?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I said a while back Russia's figures were obviously faked, no granularity in the data.
Whats annoying is like Turkey this will fuck up all the charts - could it just be spread over the last year like it should have been?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-12-28 15:23:33)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
RSPCA calls for cut in meat and dairy as activists launch legal fight to end factory farming

Animal-welfare activists are planning a legal challenge to the government to force ministers to end factory farming in the UK to halt damage to the environment and human health.

And RSPCA members have also called for a major cut in meat and dairy consumption in what has been hailed a landmark decision after years of debate over how much the charity should speak out on climate issues.

In the legal case, believed to be the first of its kind in the world, members of a group called Humane Being are crowdfunding with the aim of raising £60,000 to force ministers to curb intensive animal agriculture.

They say it is a major cause of greenhouse gas emissions and risks starting new pandemics by spreading viruses, as well as causing deforestation, animal cruelty and antibiotic resistance.
The World Health Organisation and other UN experts have pinpointed animals or food of animal origin as a starting point for emerging diseases, such as Covid-19, and some of the world’s leading scientists have warned future pandemics are likely to be more frequent, spread more rapidly and kill more people if humanity continues to exploit animals.
A report last month warned a new bird flu virus with “high transmissibility” would make Covid-19 appear mild, with factory-farmed chickens exposed to a “cocktail” of infections, creating a “near-perfect breeding ground” for a disease outbreak of pandemic potential.

David Finney, of Humane Being’s Scrap Factory Farming campaign, said: “We are sitting on a pandemics timebomb. Factory farming – with huge numbers of animals in cramped and unhygienic conditions – is the perfect breeding ground for these diseases. 

“We may eventually get control of Covid-19 but we are doing nothing about the conditions that created it in the first place.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h … 79549.html
uziq
+492|3463

Shahter wrote:

what's "scandalous" about that?
lmao oh yeah nothing surprises you. and it’s capitalism’s fault, right?

"we conveniently missed the deaths of 185,000 people and spent the year gloating about our world-beating performance. what's questionable about that?"

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-28 23:48:07)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It doesn't seem surprising Britain is fucked when people are ignoring the restrictions.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-55474533
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

https://i.imgur.com/5H0qNjK.png

lol
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It clearly did originate in China though.
uziq
+492|3463
much as i hate to credit that ball bag, he is slightly right.

the U.K. has one of the most active serology programmes. we are sequencing and identifying covid strains far more actively than just about anywhere else in the world right now. we identified the ‘british’ strain in kent, originally, in september ... you know, the county that connects us via freight, tunnel and sea to europe.

it’s likely all over europe already but they haven’t been looking for it. places like the netherlands have barely been testing for covid, let alone sequencing it and driving vaccine development, for the whole year; you have to be severely sick there before they even test you. germany already admitted yesterday that they’ve identified it there as far back as early november. where’s the worldwide bans on germany? it sets a slightly bad precedent when a country that shares its scientific information openly and as quickly as possible is then penalized for it and dubbed a ‘plague island’. a country who couldn’t afford the economic hit or international isolation might think twice about doing the same ...

the undeniable problem is that our tier system is ineffective and enough people just don’t give a shit about the restrictions anymore. i’m willing to bet a decent chunk of that ‘increased infectivity’ is behavioural in nature and not tied to any mutation causation.

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-30 00:21:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard