RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
If the memes are right its like every other nerd thing where enough fans are obese and dont bath that you need to have rules regarding smell...
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I don't get how people can go into social situations being smelly and without showering.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Both windows and steam have had borkiness in the past few days.
Only have it through the rockstar launcher
And now the third time its started crashing .. Discord crashed when I started verifying my files . disabled the overlay to see if that does anything

Last edited by RTHKI (2020-12-14 16:04:18)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think a lot of people have had a lot of problems with a lot of different software at around the same time in the past few days. Apparently the other day a bunch of services were on the fritz. Buddy told me they needed to go onto incognito just to get youtube to load a video.

Try running in windowed mode. For whatever reason this has addressed numerous problems in various other games for me in the past.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Discord for a few days kept giving error messages on startup. It fixed itself though.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
I've always run it windowed 1080p. Only happens once a week so we'll see.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
so, cyberpunk is a disaster at launch. who would've thought?..
looks like another one of those games to be bought on sale in a year or so when it's fixed.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Buy it just in time for the online support to run out!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
But Keanu Reeves told me to buy it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Dilbert_X wrote:

I am sure he is a nice guy but his internet fandom has made actually seeing in anything distracting and unwelcome. Same with Bob Ross and Mister Rodgers.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I still have basically no idea what the premise of the game is. AFAIK it's a RPG in a futuristic Blade Runner-y world (which isn't exactly a tempting environment to me), but the few trailers I've watched haven't helped me beyond that. Even the out of the loop reddit posts asking why it was so hyped didn't really tell much beyond "people are excited because it's by CD Projekt Red and the trailers look good."
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

DesertFox- wrote:

I still have basically no idea what the premise of the game is. AFAIK it's a RPG in a futuristic Blade Runner-y world (which isn't exactly a tempting environment to me), but the few trailers I've watched haven't helped me beyond that. Even the out of the loop reddit posts asking why it was so hyped didn't really tell much beyond "people are excited because it's by CD Projekt Red and the trailers look good."
It had a cool teaser nearly a decade ago.

I am not even sure the teaser had anything to do with actual game.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Shahter wrote:

so, cyberpunk is a disaster at launch. who would've thought?..
looks like another one of those games to be bought on sale in a year or so when it's fixed.
At least a financial success. It feels like half the people on my friends list is playing it.

Cyberpunk 2077 Turned a Profit on Day One
https://www.dualshockers.com/cyberpunk- … t-day-one/

Wasn't CDPR rather modest about the thing during developmen, at least until it went to viral marketing stages? "Don't pre-order" or whatever, catering to the crowd sick of people pre-ordering? Who buys a video game on day 1 these days expecting it to be issue-free? How is that any better than pre-ordering? I mean, come on.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I am sure he is a nice guy but his internet fandom has made actually seeing in anything distracting and unwelcome. Same with Bob Ross and Mister Rodgers.
I try not to let internet fandoms take good people away from me.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I might buy the game and play it over Christmas break. I would definitely prefer another Deus Ex. regarding CyberPunl
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

One of my least favorite video game characters. Given robot superpowers, a second lease on life, and an amazing flat in a dystopian future, mopes in his apartment about how he didn't ask for this.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Maybe he lost his penis
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Probably has an apocalyptic cyberdong, it's just that they didn't want to increase the game's rating by covering that detail.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

he’s just not a very good actor. from what i’ve seen of his character in cyberpunk, it’s a total miscasting, too. he’s meant to be like a nihilistic rebel-rocker type, one who is constantly prone to like flights of fancy. his character is basically hunter s thompson. fucking johnny depp would have been better in his usual typecast schlock than keanu reeves. 

he wasn’t very good in the matrix, i mean his poor acting ability and ham factor at least kind of worked in a movie where his character had to be shy, quiet and baffled half the time. but christ why has that association rolled on to him being the ghost of a long-haired underworld-type in a gritty cyberpunk game? wasn’t neo an office drone in the matrix? mr. anderson ...

in all the clips i’ve seen with his character, the performance seems really phoned in and poor, not good even by the above standards.

the whole thing seems kind of poorly conceived, no matter how brilliantly realised the game world is (and it seems that they really excelled here in building a rich world).

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-18 23:17:16)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

he wasn’t very good in the matrix, i mean his poor acting ability and ham factor at least kind of worked in a movie where his character had to be shy, quiet and baffled half the time. but christ why has that association rolled on to him being the ghost of a long-haired underworld-type in a gritty cyberpunk game? wasn’t neo an office drone in the matrix? mr. anderson ...
He also did John Wick

With the untimely death of his beloved wife still bitter in his mouth, John Wick, the expert former assassin, receives one final gift from her--a precious keepsake to help John find a new meaning in life now that she is gone. But when the arrogant Russian mob prince, Iosef Tarasov, and his men pay Wick a rather unwelcome visit to rob him of his prized 1969 Mustang and his wife's present, the legendary hitman will be forced to unearth his meticulously concealed identity. Blind with revenge, John will immediately unleash a carefully orchestrated maelstrom of destruction against the sophisticated kingpin, Viggo Tarasov, and his family, who are fully aware of his lethal capacity. Now, only blood can quench the boogeyman's thirst for retribution.
Seems like the perfect lead-in to a videogame.
uziq
+492|3422
again not really great acting required. tom cruise puts just as much work into a mission impossible movie.

what they’re evidently trying to go for with his character in cyberpunk is a bit like what happens late in the metal gear solid 1-2 games, where your intercom gets ‘haunted’ and your game keeps getting interrupted by this psychotic, surreal experience. keanu’s character keeps irrupting into your player’s consciousness to start lecturing or ranting on the nature of techno-capitalism, or something. it just doesn’t work (from what i’ve seen, of course). he just doesn’t have that in his range.

isn’t john wick like a mostly silent type, like neo?

you’re probably right that keanu’s ‘cool’ factor amongst gamer dweebs partly derives from that performance too.  but amazingly choreographed action scenes do not lend themselves to a video game character.

keanu reeves is a charisma-free zone.

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-18 23:32:30)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So ... have you actually played this game?

I haven't seen John Wick, but I'm aware of it.
The film was met with positive reviews, with critics labeling it as one of Reeves' best performances and one of the best action films of 2014.
Keanu Reeves is an OK actor and person.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The criticism was of Reeves' performance, which you don't have to actually play the game to see.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Maybe it fits the game?
uziq
+492|3422
yeah maybe poor delivery, half-assed lines and a total miscasting actually suits the game. that stilted dialogue and weirdly out of character behaviour is an intentional effect. they weren’t at all cynically trying to seize an internet darling’s star appeal. no, badass jaded keanu reeves is a creative choice.

this is GODAWFUL. can’t embed the video as i’m on my phone.

Last edited by uziq (2020-12-18 23:48:50)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Why are you so worked up about a game you're not planning to play?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard