KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

It definitely will be for many people. I was able to avoid the ridiculously stupid birthday party my sister in law set up last weekend, but I can't get out of attending Thanksgiving.

My sister in law got a bounce house for my 5 year old nephew's birthday party. A bunch of little kids running into each other is not a good time. And her family are stupid anti-maskers with preexisting conditions up the wazoo. I cant fucking stand them or her. I have a hard enough time pretending to like them for my brother's sake.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Thanksgiving kinda fucking sucks anyway. I haven't seen my friends this year anyway, so what's one more event? Some people at work were complaining about new restrictions even though that county was one of the top 10 worst in the country recently. Accordingly, the company recently stopped sending out updates with every new case and moved to a weekly status. However, they rose by like 40 cases within 4 days compared to the preceding one, so that's working out well.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Meanwhile there are a total of 2 new cases in Taiwan. They announced that any traveler to Taiwan will need to have a negative covid test within 3 days of boarding a flight to Taiwan, to go along with the mandatory 14 day quarantine.

I wish Americans weren't acting like children. "You can't tell me what to do! Also, I refuse to voluntarily take part in anything that will help mitigate the spread."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
Here 20 cases in a day were enough to trigger a lockdown, they still won't say if the people attended the Diwali festival.

Still they won't mandate that people who work in quarantine facilities shouldn't work elsewhere, working in pizza shops for example.
Really people who work in quarantine facilities or china-flu wards should themselves be quarantined, they were doing that in the early stages - not a big deal when there only a few hundred cases, and less onerous than being a FIFO worker.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has told Americans to avoid travel for the Thanksgiving holiday amid soaring Covid-19 cases.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55011155

Don't go Ken
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
My mom's having a small thanksgiving so I gotta go. Everyone will be twice my age
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has told Americans to avoid travel for the Thanksgiving holiday amid soaring Covid-19 cases.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55011155

Don't go Ken
Maybe I'll test positive and the decision will be out of my hands!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

RTHKI wrote:

My mom's having a small thanksgiving so I gotta go. Everyone will be twice my age
Don't go RTHKI
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Premier of SA wrote:

Today’s revelations about an infected individual lying to authorities and deliberately misleading our contact tracing team are deplorable and utterly unacceptable.
To say that I am fuming about the actions of this individual is an understatement.
South Australian jobs, businesses, and lives have been put on hold, because of this disgraceful behaviour.
For many, this week has been one of the hardest weeks since the pandemic began.
I have said from day one that we will not hesitate to act on the expert public health advice, because keeping the people of SA Safe and Strong is our highest priority.
That unequivocal health advice was clear, we needed a circuit breaker to deal with this new Parafield Cluster.
That was the absolute correct decision based on the information available at the time.
But the investigations did not stop there.
SA Health contact tracers have continued detailed case histories with confirmed cases.
What those investigations showed is that one of the close contacts linked to the Woodville Pizza bar deliberately misled our contact tracing team.
Their story didn’t add up.
We pursued them.
We now know that individual lied.
I stress this point – this is still a dangerous cluster and our health experts remain concerned.
We are still trying to locate thousands of people who may have had dangerous contact at the Woodville Pizza bar.
Even more, now that we know that the person lied we need to find and isolate a whole new group of his associates.
We are still urging South Australians to get tested.
But just as we have acted immediately to put restrictions in place to keep South Australia safe, we are going to act to lift them much sooner than previously advised.
I will not allow the disgraceful conduct of one individual to keep South Australia in these circuit breaker conditions one day longer than is necessary.
People can now leave their homes to exercise - and can do so with other members of their household.
There will be further lifting of restrictions from midnight on Saturday night, which we will keep you informed on.
I couldn’t be prouder of the way South Australians have worked together this week, and throughout the entire year.
Let’s not allow this one individual to taint our collective achievements.
Let’s remain united in keeping SA safe and strong.
Indians, you can't trust them.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-11-19 19:36:21)

uziq
+492|3422
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
One - probably more - lying Indian locked the whole state down for two days.
Cancelled weddings, wasted cakes, business disruption. People are pissed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Adelaide/comme … right_now/
uziq
+492|3422

'whites,  you can't trust them'.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

One - probably more - lying Indian locked the whole state down for two days.
Cancelled weddings, wasted cakes, business disruption. People are pissed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Adelaide/comme … right_now/
do you remember when jay blamed 'the blacks' for new york city's outbreak, and said 'the poor' were more inclined to sacrifice the public good because they like fraternizing and having sex so much? that was a good one.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Which is funny, because it was actually the jews.

I wonder what really blows people's minds, the horror of spending time with their own kids or realising thats exactly what they were like as kids.
uziq
+492|3422
no, it was actually frontline workers, bus drivers, train drivers, etc, who were obviously being exposed to a maximal number of carriers and having to persevere, living in high-density housing and surviving on the breadline. no wonder they were disproportionately showing up in the positive covid stats.

quite the spectacle when science-denying shitlords like jay who live in the suburbs then line up to dump on the people who are dying in droves doing essential work. trotting out mid-19th century tropes about the 'feckless poor'.

not big and not smart.

Last edited by uziq (2020-11-20 05:03:17)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Meanwhile, in Australia

SA Police launch taskforce to investigate pizza worker accused of lying to contact tracers

The head of the taskforce, Assistant Commissioner Peter Harvey, said it was clear that at least one person had not told the truth.

He said Taskforce Protect was looking at numerous pieces of legislation which may have been breached, including criminal law, the Emergency Management Act or public health acts.

The taskforce was formed a few hours after it was revealed that a man lied about his job at a pizza bar, sparking the unnecessary lockdown of the entire state of South Australia.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-20/ … r/12906048
uziq
+492|3422
i have no problem with people who knowingly break lockdown being prosecuted by the law. whether that's ingrates throwing large house parties or raves being fined £10,000 for the offence or migrant workers knowingly putting people at risk. totally appropriate and fine in the circumstances.

characterizing it as 'indian behavour' is just plain fucking stupid. there are any number of examples of other races breaching public lockdown measures or people behaving selfishly. the governor of fucking california breached his own lockdown rules and he is surely without an excuse of 'economic necessity' or 'hardship'. it is not an indian trait. for you to use it as an opportunity to bash an entire race is just fucking dumb. GROW UP you twerp.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Contractors had covid and people around the plant are coughing. This is fine.

Also Dil my parents are like Jay with covid, it's fine. Everything is good.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i have no problem with people who knowingly break lockdown being prosecuted by the law. whether that's ingrates throwing large house parties or raves being fined £10,000 for the offence or migrant workers knowingly putting people at risk. totally appropriate and fine in the circumstances.

characterizing it as 'indian behavour' is just plain fucking stupid. there are any number of examples of other races breaching public lockdown measures or people behaving selfishly. the governor of fucking california breached his own lockdown rules and he is surely without an excuse of 'economic necessity' or 'hardship'. it is not an indian trait. for you to use it as an opportunity to bash an entire race is just fucking dumb. GROW UP you twerp.
Dishonesty is part of the culture.

In most cases if you're honest the Police here will be reasonable and not take up issues they weren't initially interested in, like working cash in hand, exceeding your visa work hours or whatever.

Most minor breaches of the rules have no real impact.
In this case the individual lied, triggering a massive contact tracing effort, nearly a 14 day hard lockdown, yuuuge cost and disruption. Everyone around him must also have lied, including the business owner.
People are pissed and there are going to be consequences, for a start the Police are on 24hr guard of the premises to prevent them being firebombed.

Its quite likely they're all on shaky ground with their visas and they're all fucked now, they've certainly lost their business.
uziq
+492|3422
dishonesty is part of what culture? it's part of every culture.

i work with honest indians every single day, yet again, need i remind you. stop telling me 'how the culture is'. have you been to india? does your company take business trips to india? have you been hosted there? how many indian people do you interact with, face-to-face?

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/busine … 196786.php

whites, man -- dishonesty is just part of their culture.

Last edited by uziq (2020-11-20 14:43:46)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Can we keep racism to one thread at least dil?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Is India deliberately undercounting coronavirus deaths?
Coronavirus infections have sky-rocketed in India, which now has over five million confirmed cases. But as the case count remains high, the death rate continues to stay unexplainably low. Experts warn that officials may be undercounting the numbers.

https://www.dw.com/en/is-india-delibera … v-54960127
uziq
+492|3422
hmmm, gee, i wonder what other races are undercounting coronavirus deaths, and what could possibly be the cause/motivation? no, it's not political finagling, it's genetic and to do with their race.

do you really consider yourself scientifically minded with this fucking claptrap?

Last edited by uziq (2020-11-20 14:57:11)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
its fine ziq the republicans said we overcount and democrats say we undercount so it evens out
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

hmmm, gee, i wonder what other races are undercounting coronavirus deaths, and what could possibly be the cause/motivation? no, it's not political finagling, it's genetic and to do with their race.

do you really consider yourself scientifically minded with this fucking claptrap?
Its part of their culture.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard