unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

More reason to follow the steps laid out. Inspect your seals, and keep that shit clean and dry.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
It's fine now
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Your car is clearly cursed by a ghost. That is why bugs and birds are always flying into it. As a ghost hunter, I know car hauntings well. I suggest you set your car on fire and buy a brand new 2020 or 2019 model car.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

If your car is haunted you want to treat it nicely. The last thing the world needs is another Christine.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Sure you're not a car salesman?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Macbeth would have you believe tranny mechanic. But no, I've just lived in a wet climate for decades.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Livid right now. Recent Windows update hopped out at me and destroyed USB functionality on my lower ports, wasting a bit of my time trying to figure out what happened (surprise! also couldn't navigate restore or safe mode screens!). Moving the mouse and keyboard to the upper ports they were at pre-2020 - the ones a Windows update utterly borked in December and left borked all year long after even a reinstall couldn't fix them - and things magically began working.

I understand well old hardware and new operating systems blah blah blah, but it's barely over 11 years old. I feel like I'm getting fucked with at this point. It's not like I'm trying to keep a system that originally ran 98 alive with Windows 10.

Like, stop packaging unnecessary drivers in "critical updates" you know, and make it easier for people to compile a custom set of legacy drivers with minimal backtalk from the OS. It takes me all day to reinstall ones that actually work when something happens, because I have to do it manually. And no I don't want to install whatever you think is the automatic best for my high precision event timer.

e: ah well, better on my personal rig than the office PC
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
I hear so many horror stories about windows updates. Luckily I never had anything break.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

It's pretty bad, sometimes. Some of the usual excuses too are bunk. Sure, why not decide your updater is going to stop applying drivers it had for years that worked, and instead switch to some generic-name or mystery interpretation for no good reason. "Accepted your disc in 2018? Not in 2020, baby!" Really, if they kept IE chained to old software for so long, they can stretch the tolerances of Windows 10.

Instantly found a hit on my problem while browsing my phone, of course unhelpful generic solutions that did not really address OP or other replies.

Oh well, still keeping an eye on Apple's new CPUs.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Interestingly I had a windows update 2 days ago that reset my file opening preferences. So now I have to force audio/video to not use the prepackaged Win 10 media players. I know this wasn't a mistake either. They intentionally reset that stuff to get you to use their services.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I've had that happen too, but also with reset in-house stuff like file display preferences for individual folders. Maybe they're paving the way for a return of MS Bob and we can watch him deathmatch with Cortana.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Interestingly I had a windows update 2 days ago that reset my file opening preferences. So now I have to force audio/video to not use the prepackaged Win 10 media players. I know this wasn't a mistake either. They intentionally reset that stuff to get you to use their services.
Me too, I still don't want to use edge thankyou.

All the Win 10 apps seem to suck compared to the old ones. Paint3D? Nope.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
At least Paint is still bundled with Win 10. Same with Windows Media Player which is just as fine as any other media player you will ever need

The computer in built in April runs fine but I feel like doing a Windows reinstallation on it just because it doesn't feel fine. I mean have you looked at the "processes" tab of Task Manager lately? Dozens of processes with vague names that you don't know belongs to what. If you go to add/remove programs you see dozens of Windows update and driver things installed that you really don't know what it all belongs to either. It doesn't help that OneDrive and Skype keeps reactivating themselves after every update. That contributes a lot to the feeling of "dirtiness".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I think I still need to load up PowerDVD or VLC when I want to watch a bluray without doing a bunch of extra stuff to WMP. Granted it's not a huge deal since over time I've accumulated like 3 decks able to play bluray (one able to play int'l dvd, and one able to play 4k, and a fourth a PS3 classic that needs its drive replaced).

I would be a lot happier with Windows Update if it gave me more choice to thumbs up or thumbs down its generic driver brain surgery (I don't care if it replaces my 2009 driver with a 2016 driver if that means things stop working), and didn't do things like override settings. I'll be replacing the PC anyway so I guess it's a bit of a moot point, but I would like to keep it operational and maybe use it as a backup or to replace one of the older office PCs from like 2003.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

At least Paint is still bundled with Win 10. Same with Windows Media Player which is just as fine as any other media player you will ever need

The computer in built in April runs fine but I feel like doing a Windows reinstallation on it just because it doesn't feel fine. I mean have you looked at the "processes" tab of Task Manager lately? Dozens of processes with vague names that you don't know belongs to what. If you go to add/remove programs you see dozens of Windows update and driver things installed that you really don't know what it all belongs to either. It doesn't help that OneDrive and Skype keeps reactivating themselves after every update. That contributes a lot to the feeling of "dirtiness".
and yet you don't like your mac. you will never, ever complain about this with OSX. it is a totally unobtrusive, cohesive experience.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I really wish people wouldn't hit reply all to emails. I don't even know how you click reply all. Don't you have to go out of your way to do it in Gmail? I never clicked it once.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i can always smell garlic on my hands the day after cooking with it. It's kind of annoying.
uziq
+492|3422
wear gloves when chopping garlic (and chillis).

cook with entire cloves?
Larssen
+99|1857
Tip: a slice of lemon neutralises the smell.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I usually have limes in stock but not lemons. Should still work, right?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

uziq wrote:

wear gloves when chopping garlic (and chillis).

cook with entire cloves?
This was for soup. An entire clove probs wouldn't work in this case.

I should get some cut proof gloves.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
washing power or gel get rid of all those things. might need to use something to moisturize the skin after using those on your hands though.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Larssen
+99|1857

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I usually have limes in stock but not lemons. Should still work, right?
Probably
uziq
+492|3422
tip: stick your finger up your ass. also works.
lil_droo
+19|1465

uziq wrote:

tip: stick your finger up your ass. also works.
Legit on the outside only lol. I am not into butt stuff especially actuql penetration but light play is cool. Feels really good especially having your taint area licked or massaged. Sounds gay but it's true. Same thing having your nipples licked and shit that stuff sends tingles down my spine. It's hard to find girls that do it naturally without encouragement or bringing it up tho

But yeah the lemon trick is legit also rubbing a baking soda paste on your hands. I've dealt with that problem fishing before catching barracuda when trying to target yellowtail. They have a disgusting slime coating and scent that is hard to get rid of even after a hot shower and washing your hands
gang shit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard