Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+404|2472
I passed a handful of students who were otherwise going to fail the marking period. I spoke to the parents of the kids over the course of the marking period to try to get them to do better with mixed results. I emailed all of the parents of kids I spoke to before to let them know their kid passed for the marking period. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling in the inside knowing that these parents are going to get emails with good news about their kids from me. And in these troubled times isn't it wonderful to get an email with good news?
lil_droo
Member
+12|248

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I passed a handful of students who were otherwise going to fail the marking period. I spoke to the parents of the kids over the course of the marking period to try to get them to do better with mixed results. I emailed all of the parents of kids I spoke to before to let them know their kid passed for the marking period. It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling in the inside knowing that these parents are going to get emails with good news about their kids from me. And in these troubled times isn't it wonderful to get an email with good news?
you are a good person. you have a lot of power as a teacher and u could have failed them but u showed compassion.
gang shit
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,687|5490|Oxferd Ohire
And to think jay wanted to get him fired
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+404|2472
Thank you for the kind words guys. I am a true American hero and it feels good that you guys recognize that.
lil_droo
Member
+12|248

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Thank you for the kind words guys. I am a true American hero and it feels good that you guys recognize that.
almost forgot that it's veterans day. thank you for your service in the marines Mac. there's been a lot of talk about the "frontline" with this covid stuff and "heroes" and essential workers. well the the real frontline was when u landed on the ground in Iraq with Jay and sacrificed everything to protect our freedoms in america from terrorists.
gang shit
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4541|Catherine Black
you're a retard for passing them and furthering the descent into idiocy.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+404|2472

lil_droo wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Thank you for the kind words guys. I am a true American hero and it feels good that you guys recognize that.
almost forgot that it's veterans day. thank you for your service in the marines Mac. there's been a lot of talk about the "frontline" with this covid stuff and "heroes" and essential workers. well the the real frontline was when u landed on the ground in Iraq with Jay and sacrificed everything to protect our freedoms in america from terrorists.
Let me just thank you again for recognizing my dual service to my country. I do get upset when I hear about the nurses and their stolen valor in a "war against COVID". Very few of these nurses made the ultimate sacrifice of spending months in a boys camp before having to go fight in a country where they don't even allow prostitution like the Vietnamese did.
lil_droo
Member
+12|248
Did a good deed this morning, bought an old homeless man a turkey wrap, OJ n bag of chips. Pull up at a red light on my way to a job and watch this dude straight up pull a empty yogurt cup out the trash and eat what's left of it. Fuck that couldn't ignore it. I don't often give them cash just cause it mostly goes to drugs anyway and there's so many out here I'd be broke if I did that all the time. I also had some bad experiences doing that too. If I see someone eating fucking garbage tho I'm definitely helping out
gang shit
uziq
Member
+343|2205
good one androoz. i bought a homeless irish guy who was camping out in my city lunch yesterday and gave him £10. it was really cold. he didn't seem all 'there' so i didn't hang around to chat to him for too long. he was talking about 'getting a woman to take back to ireland'. a homeless guy. not the most watertight plan. but it's good to help out where you can.

i misplaced my passport today and couldn't find it, and you can bet the first thing i started panicking about was that random homeless guy somehow half-inching it from my bag when i was getting him money. found it 10 minutes later. poor guy. i was cursing him out.

my soul is impure.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+404|2472
There used to be a homeless guy who decided to have his begging spot around the corner from the liquor store near me. I would give him a dollar or two which he was always grateful for and probably used for alcohol which I can't judge him since I am a drug abuser too. I haven't seen him in awhile so the COVID probably got him.

I wouldn't ever go buy a homeless person a big meal. That seems like sanctimonious Instagram shit. Making a show of charity. That's more for you than them.

I do throw $20 at Red Cross if I have sinned or am waiting on good news.
uziq
Member
+343|2205
i took the homeless guy to a food court so he could get some hot food on a cold day. i didn't lavish him with a big meal to make a point of my generosity. i wanted to give him something better than pre-packaged shitty mart sandwiches or junk food. besides, the conventional wisdom is that you should buy them food instead of give money for drugs, etc etc.

i've given homeless guys £10 or £20 on nights out before, because normally if i'm carrying cash i'm probably on my way to intoxication myself, and who am i to judge? got to address those karmic energies!
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,842|5524|USA

The most I've ever given out was $50 and a bag of non-perishable groceries to a bedraggled homeless family sitting on a sidewalk outside a supermarket complex. I don't look back on it with pride. I still feel like I could have done more, you know. A couple flips of fate's coin and I could have easily been there as a little kid. Almost was. I'm not a bottomless pit of resources, though. But this country is fucking rich. It's shameful.

I seem to recall a story where someone brought a homeless person in for some hot food and got into a confrontation with the manager over it?
uziq
Member
+343|2205
i let a homeless guy shower in my apartment one time. i was entering through the passcode in the big double-doors on the street and he kind of collared me. i had nothing to offer him and had a handful of snacks so i went ahead. he was really nice and cool but i wouldn't do that again. way too much potential for shit to go very wrong.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+404|2472
That's disgusting. I hope you disinfected the place afterward.

And a lot could have gone wrong. You could have ended up stabbing him in a meth rage.
uziq
Member
+343|2205
he wasn't like sleeping-rough homeless. he just looked like a regular guy who had fallen on hard times. i wouldn't bring an actual hobo into my flat, it would be too much clean-up and mess. this guy was in normal clothes and was just asking for small change for drugs probably.

i've never taken meth macb, btw.

Last edited by uziq (2020-11-17 15:28:22)

lil_droo
Member
+12|248

uziq wrote:

good one androoz. i bought a homeless irish guy who was camping out in my city lunch yesterday and gave him £10. it was really cold. he didn't seem all 'there' so i didn't hang around to chat to him for too long. he was talking about 'getting a woman to take back to ireland'. a homeless guy. not the most watertight plan. but it's good to help out ro you can.

i misplaced my passport today and couldn't find it, and you can bet the first thing i started panicking about was that random homeless guy somehow half-inching it from my bag when i was getting him money. foundhro it 10 minutes later. poor guy. i was cursing him out.

my soul is impure.
Good man. This guy was not all there too. It's sad I mean a good portion of the ones I see seem to have legit mental problems, maybe made worse by drugs idk or they use shit to escape. They're obviously not normal (lol) tweakers or heroin addicts etc. Why do u carry around a passport anywah?
gang shit
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,708|4859|eXtreme to the maX
I had to call the council to hose some homeless guys out of the bus shelter.
Obviously I don't take the bus because I'm successful and have a car, but what if I needed to take the bus for some reason?

Joking obviously, there's no reason for anyone to be homeless in a rich country.
There's no reason to trim the defence budget to pay for it, we should give them jobs building munitions or using them in the infantry.

My sister is on the board of a homeless charity, my contribution is fixing a door and listening to her gripe about the other board members.
Not all heroes wear capes.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-11-18 17:12:23)

Epstein didn't kill himself
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+695|4296|Toronto
I think there's usually several complicating factors limiting the effectiveness of employment-based solutions to homelessness. Some that come to mind, and often stack, are mental health problems, drug addiction, and racism (major in Canada for the urban indigenous population). I don't know about you, but I'm not so down to pass a gun to a manic opiate addicted racialized homeless person and ask them to point it towards the enemy. I'm joking, but for real, there's a lot there stopping an individual from working the production line.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+404|2472

Dilbert_X wrote:

I had to call the council to hose some homeless guys out of the bus shelter.
Obviously I don't take the bus because I'm successful and have a car, but what if I needed to take the bus for some reason?

Joking obviously, there's no reason for anyone to be homeless in a rich country.
There's no reason to trim the defence budget to pay for it, we should give them jobs building munitions or using them in the infantry.

My sister is on the board of a homeless charity, my contribution is fixing a door and listening to her gripe about the other board members.
Not all heroes wear capes.
+1, good from start to finish.

Thank you for your service. Bigger hero than any American soldier I know.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,708|4859|eXtreme to the maX

Pochsy wrote:

I think there's usually several complicating factors limiting the effectiveness of employment-based solutions to homelessness. Some that come to mind, and often stack, are mental health problems, drug addiction, and racism (major in Canada for the urban indigenous population). I don't know about you, but I'm not so down to pass a gun to a manic opiate addicted racialized homeless person and ask them to point it towards the enemy. I'm joking, but for real, there's a lot there stopping an individual from working the production line.
The trick is to give them a gun and make them run up and down hills before jews load them up with opiates.
Epstein didn't kill himself
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,887|5385|949

Pochsy wrote:

I think there's usually several complicating factors limiting the effectiveness of employment-based solutions to homelessness. Some that come to mind, and often stack, are mental health problems, drug addiction, and racism (major in Canada for the urban indigenous population). I don't know about you, but I'm not so down to pass a gun to a manic opiate addicted racialized homeless person and ask them to point it towards the enemy. I'm joking, but for real, there's a lot there stopping an individual from working the production line.
I think an often overlooked aspect of homelessness is the slow separation from society that happens. Effective homelessness outreach includes reintegration back into society, whether or not the person is a drug addict, or temporarily unemployed, or a product of racism. Watch how people purposely ignore the homeless- the majority treat them as if they don't exist, or worst case, treat them less than human for being homeless. It's incredibly sad, and often leads to more mental issues. I come across a lot of people who didn't start with mental illness but end up suffering from some sort of mental illness (sometimes temporary) as a result of society ignoring them. It's why one of the first steps of homeless outreach involves...reaching out to the people affected in a humane way.

My experience is limited to mostly 18-25 year olds. I can only imagine it's even more difficult for people who have remained homeless for longer periods.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|5498|Houston, TX
Hello KEN-JENNINGS! It’s been ten years of experience added since we talked last. Glad to see a familiar name.
Hope things find you well. I’ll post a hello and tidings post somewhere in the forums.

On topic:
In the ten years of Bf2s hiatus, I’ve been witness to the long term effects of homelessness. Saddening. Seeing people shred their own sense of self worth due mental and physical detachment and distancing is hard on the soul.

KJ
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|5498|Houston, TX
And after reading some more of the original posters, my comment may seem really out of context.
Ladies and gentlemen, please excuse my peanut gallery level of comment. 
KJ

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard