uziq
+492|3423
dilbert wilfully commits the main slander of every anti-semite on the planet: accusing all jews everywhere, no matter how moderate or integrated or liberal they are in their country of birth, of being rabid zionists who support a militaristic ethno-state in the middle-east. they don't. it's really that simple.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Even the Amish are probably representative of Christian life evolved away from setting fires in Rome.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

How has Jewish culture not changed? Even the most conservative, black-clad fun vampires that people always seem to bring up aren't exactly, in their urban lives, scratching out a living in the rocky hills.
Oh God. I never made the Hasidic-Vampire connection but it all makes sense now.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

dilbert wilfully commits the main slander of every anti-semite on the planet: accusing all jews everywhere, no matter how moderate or integrated or liberal they are in their country of birth, of being rabid zionists who support a militaristic ethno-state in the middle-east. they don't. it's really that simple.
But they're still sticking with the nutty religion which teaches isolationism and hateful supremacism.

Imagine if there were Nazi bierkellers springing up around the world.

"Hey Hitler was just a phase, Nazism moved on now its evolved into more a loose social grouping, we're cool and do a lot of charity work. Sure we still have tattoos under our armpits and only marry aryans, but the third reich was a mythology which never actually happened, the holocaust is just a story we tell our kids so they grow up wanting to be storm-troopers, come round and have a beer and you can learn more!"
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Are you actually lining Jewish fables up with hard WW2 history right now?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Fables? The jews have put Palestine to the sword twice now.

https://static.timesofisrael.com/www/uploads/2014/07/000_Nic6347595-e1405019416832-1024x640.jpg

They're rewriting history already "Palestine was always ours, there were only terrorists there, it was our god-given right to slaughter them and take back our land"

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-11-17 16:19:37)

uziq
+492|3423
dilbert liberal jews do not raise their kids to believe necessarily in the zionist prophecy of israel. it's a loose cultural identity in the same way like many muslims have a cultural mode/habit, whereas you think they're all secretly rooting for ISIS to win.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The only thing Israel has ever done wrong was not be Catholic.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

dilbert liberal jews do not raise their kids to believe necessarily in the zionist prophecy of israel. it's a loose cultural identity in the same way like many muslims have a cultural mode/habit, whereas you think they're all secretly rooting for ISIS to win.
Do you think modern nazis raise their kids to believe in every part of Hitler's vision?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The only thing that was wrong about the Nazis was that they were racist. If they weren't racist people would acknowledge some of the good they did.
uziq
+492|3423
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
"You know, no one can provide any actual proof that Hitler ever existed, he's just a mythical bogeyman people pull out when they want people to hate Nazis. Why don't you come by Saturday? We have a pool, a bouncy Schloss, an artist who will paint swastikas on your kids faces, you'll love it!"
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Sure dilbert, let's relegate Nazi Germany to the same pages of original sin, Noah's Ark, and the burning bush.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I know it is cliched to say we are still living with the after effects of World War 1 but it is going to still be awhile before the errors of those years is fully rectified.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sure dilbert, let's relegate Nazi Germany to the same pages of original sin, Noah's Ark, and the burning bush.
In 2000 years the current invasion of Palestine will have been neatly mythologised, Palestinians will never have existed, like the sodomites and the gomorrhites.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I know you might be off on some abstract "haha i torll u" bender, but short of some cataclysmic event, the gap between now and 2000 years ahead will probably have better information retention than the gap between now and 2000 years ago, or even now and 200 years ago. Digital copies and prints, y'know, plus whatever clever devices to be invented. The torching of a library will still be something that should be avoided, but maybe that information won't be Lost Forever.

If you want to know about 20th century skyscrapers, the topic probably won't be shrouded in much mystery and supposition. That the location of Palestine will share a section with fantasy locations like Narnia and Mordor seems a stretch. Somehow I doubt the task of looking that up will need to be delegated to someone like a modern biblical scholar trying to locate Sodom and Gomorrah.

Lots of history ahead.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Lots of history has been neatly re-written by the victors.
Now I can't switch on a documentary without hearing - "America entered the war to rescue the jews from the gas-chambers"
uziq
+492|3423

Dilbert_X wrote:

"You know, no one can provide any actual proof that Hitler ever existed, he's just a mythical bogeyman people pull out when they want people to hate Nazis. Why don't you come by Saturday? We have a pool, a bouncy Schloss, an artist who will paint swastikas on your kids faces, you'll love it!"
if you can't tell the difference between myth and history, and the different functions of each, then i don't know how to help you.

hitler is not a figure shrouded in legend. he didn't part the red sea using his hands. we have reams of historical evidence about what the nazis were. it would be very hard to promote any 'image' of hitler to a 'neo-nazi child' without substantively engaging in what nazi ideology was precisely all about.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Via MSN:

Jonah Goldberg: History isn’t always written by the winners

excerpt wrote:

Which brings us back to that hoary cliché about the winners, or the “victors,” writing history.

“I hear that phrase all the time and it drives me crazy,” University of Massachusetts historian Vincent Cannato told me. He concedes there’s some truth there. If the Romans conquered some Celtic backwater, the Romans wrote their history. The hitch, Cannato noted, is that nowadays, “plenty of history gets written by the ‘losers.’ Much of the historical profession today is dedicated to recovering the voices of marginalized groups.”

European intruders were the victors in the settling of North America, and for a while, the story of noble white men battling savages dominated. That’s gone now. One doesn’t have to be a fan of Howard Zinn to believe some correction was long overdue. The 1619 Project, which just won a Pulitzer Prize, was not exactly a story told by the winners.
And I can find no shortage of writing critical of Israel. Literally give it a rest, dilbs.
Larssen
+99|1858
No need to fear dilbs if Netanyahu is the future of Israel it's hard to imagine that country will fare better than the crusader kingdoms in the long term.
uziq
+492|3423
netanyahu has a huge domestic opposition even within israel. there have been so many protests outside his home. young israelis don't even like the direction he taking the country, let alone liberal jews on the upper eastside.
uziq
+492|3423
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 … se-scandal

britain’s top catholic school barred from accepting new students. wow, incredibly severe stuff.

A damning government-ordered independent inquiry into child sexual abuse this month found that between 1970 and 2015, the Catholic church in England and Wales received more than 900 complaints involving more than 3,000 instances of child sexual abuse, made against more than 900 individuals, including priests, monks and volunteers.

When complaints were made, the church invariably failed to support victims and survivors but took action to protect alleged perpetrators by moving them to a different parish. “Child sexual abuse,” the report said, “was swept under the carpet.”
and to think, these people also want to tell us how to live our sexual lives in modern secular countries.

anecdotally, i know someone who went to this school. met him at university. a VERY strange guy. used to wait around outside west-end theatres drawing cartoon pictures of the male actors. it makes a lot more sense now ...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The IICSA is a very strange thing, looking into what suits them and studiously ignoring everything which doesn't.
They're picking on the Catholics but letting the CofE investigate themselves, picking on the Catholic hierarchy but ignoring any govt dept which is equally culpable such as the police, CPS, DFE etc.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I liked this ad. Was surpirsed it was from the Mormons.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-12-07 05:38:48)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Had a couple missionary chicks walk through the neighborhood a few weeks ago. It was pitch black evening, cold, windy, and wet. They were in (modest) skirts, and alone. Decades back my household got chewed out because we offered hospitality to other missionaries in the form of drinks during a scorching summer. Apparently it was distracting them from their free labor.

You shouldn't grow a liking to the exploitative Mormon church because of an ad. They don't even care about their own people beyond what it takes to keep them sucked in.

e:

Mormon Church Stockpiled $100 Billion Intended for Charities and Misled LDS Members, Whistleblower Says
https://www.newsweek.com/mormon-church- … ys-1477809

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard