SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The Republican campaign for governor here has blamed the spot fires on BLM, antifa, communists and liberal agitators. He's the small town sheriff that went over the court's head and refused to enforce a voter-approved gun law, later comparing it to Rosa Parks and speeding tickets or whatever, and got an award from CSPOA (see Sheriff Mack) for it.

I'm kind of disappointed that the Republicans rolled out a gadfly, because even though I voted for Inslee last time I don't really want him again.
I like that Amy Comey Barret is a MILF from a Catholic cult but I wish she cared about worker's rights.
https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/aef8601/2147483647/strip/true/crop/1400x787+0+0/resize/840x472!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F7c%2Ff4%2F351ddebffb0c9f276ec09b69ea2e%2Fla-1530893939-01rjqhi48w-snap-image
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

She has the smile of a door-to-door salesman.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I couldn't get a die to cut a thread so I had to figure out an old lathe and cut it myself the old way.

Probably the press-maker reckoned they were being clever using 47/64x34.

They reckoned without Dilbert_X
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

If only that Indian cab driver knew who he was dealing with when trying to make small talk. The nerve!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

She has the smile of a door-to-door salesman.
There's a woman at work with that smile, she also mumbles to herself.
uziq
+492|3422
it’s 2020 and the main form of criticism that you guys can form about a powerful/prominent woman is jibes about her appearance.

did you give scalia’s wardrobe a critical eye as well?

you guys must all be in loving and highly constructive relationships with women.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
She's cute, I like her, the girl at work too, I think they're about level in the batshit crazy department.
uziq
+492|3422
calling women crazy or irrational is a misogynist trope. you can't even be nice without condescending to women.

a woman who has made her way to the very top of the legal profession is probably pretty rational, at least in her professional life.

there's a helluva lot to disagree with in her legal judgments and moral-ethical outlook, but calling her 'crazy' is just plain chauvinism. why is it women are always crazy when they're smart, intelligent, challenging, etc? AOC, that crazy bitch! evidently they're not crazy and are actually highly qualified and successful.

sorry dilbert, do better.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Don't get me wrong, I like crazy.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

it’s 2020 and the main form of criticism that you guys can form about a powerful/prominent woman is jibes about her appearance.

did you give scalia’s wardrobe a critical eye as well?

you guys must all be in loving and highly constructive relationships with women.
Why can't you be aware of both? The president's face reminds me of an old paper bag and Moscow Mitch looks like a Dick Tracey villain, but that's hardly my primary concern about either of them. Bojo looks like he lost a fight with a suck cut. Manuel Noriega was also known as "Pineapple Face."

I mean with dilbert or mac it's probably a good bet to comment "sexism" to some extent, but that isn't always going to be the case when someone comments on appearances. Her expression, while it's more or less a normal photograph, is telling me that she, representing a roofing company, was just in the area and wants to schedule me for a free estimate. To say nothing of how distressful it is having RBG replaced by a Trump pick.

From wiki,

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/President_Trump_Nominates_Judge_Amy_Coney_Barrett_for_Associate_Justice_of_the_U.S._Supreme_Court_%2850397746846%29.jpg/1280px-President_Trump_Nominates_Judge_Amy_Coney_Barrett_for_Associate_Justice_of_the_U.S._Supreme_Court_%2850397746846%29.jpg

Room full of grins, nominating a replacement for a dead official less than a week after her death?
uziq
+492|3422
she looks like a totally regular middle-aged woman. trump and bojo obviously invite comment. one is a tangerine and the other built half of his public career on his floppy just-out-of-bed hair character. they are consciously parts of their 'image', whether desirable or no.

comey barret doesn't 'look crazy'.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I am not a sexist. I am a big supporter of women's rights.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

She doesn't "look crazy," but it's still the same sales face I've seen countless times. I don't think it's misogynistic to make that observation. Trump looked stupid while he was physically mocking the handicapped, but it probably isn't misandrist to point that out.
uziq
+492|3422
are you dumb? what sort of fucking argument is that? 'lol people mocked trump when he was doing an impression of a disabled person, was that sexist?'

you are literally looking at a photo of a smiling woman and making fun of her. how is that the same thing?

a 'sales face'? the fuck is that? she's in a law library backdropped by leather-bound codices. what sort of sales woman comes to your door in Asinine, Washington?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

are you dumb? what sort of fucking argument is that? 'lol people mocked trump when he was doing an impression of a disabled person, was that sexist?'

you are literally looking at a photo of a smiling woman and making fun of her. how is that the same thing?

a 'sales face'? the fuck is that? she's in a law library backdropped by leather-bound codices. what sort of sales woman comes to your door in Asinine, Washington?
I think you're overreacting. She freezes into the same sort of practiced expression that I see when contractor reps and various missionaries knock on my door. It isn't there in some of the more candid photos I've seen of this person. That's a pretty neutral observation. It's a non-issue (and of course has nothing to do with what she brings to the table). This isn't even the DST section.

Are you a big fan or something? Am I insulting your far-right legal 'waifu,' as some might put it? I know you watched dragon ball z.
uziq
+492|3422
i am not a fan of her at all. but denigrating and dismissing women from the off-set because of they are 'crazy' or because of some superficial aspect is a deeply conservative (small c) and time-worn tradition. i mean, you're electing a hardline christian to the supreme court, a woman whose legal opinions and rulings betoken decades of slideback on civil rights issues ... and your criticism is of her practiced pose to a camera? ok.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

That's not my criticism of her. I thought we'd already established that in like the last 50 posts or whatever. Refer to any given oped for actual reasons to object to her promotion.

"You said Donald Trump looks like a tangerine, oh my gosh there are so many other things to criticize him about and that's the best you can do you got something against old men bigot age discrimination hot take bro rabble rabble rabble."
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Larssen wrote:

I accidentally shared a confidential document with someone outside our department (still the same organisation, thankfully) by cc'ing the wrong guy who shared the same name as the originally intended recipient. There was a meeting invite in there too.

Instead of mailing back that he was the wrong guy, the dude even joined the call to announce that he probably shouldn't receive this stuff but thought it was very interesting.

I now have to report a security breach.
And he embarrassed the fuck out of me in front of my boss

Kill me now
The guy is probably a secret gay and likes you. So this was his way of getting your attention. Be careful with your food and drinks in the office.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I've found that typing the email out first and adding recipients only when done helps me avoid all sorts of email-related fuckups.

Just please for the love of God don't turn on read receipts
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Or you could do what an IT guy at my last job did when he accidentally sent out a spreadsheet with a lot of confidential info on the second tab to his entire company.

Manually reset everyone's password, login to their account, and delete the email.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

One time I sent a Skype message to the wrong recipient. I was talking shit on a collegue and I accidentally sent it to the person I was talking about. This was before Skype allowed the sender to delete messages, so I had to go to her desk and delete the message from her PC efore she saw it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

One time I sent a Skype message to the wrong recipient. I was talking shit on a collegue and I accidentally sent it to the person I was talking about. This was before Skype allowed the sender to delete messages, so I had to go to her desk and delete the message from her PC efore she saw it.
Classic. Where’s that Seinfeld clip..?

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-10-27 13:45:48)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
What did the email say?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

if you are referring to my post, skype is a messaging platform, not an email service.

I can't remember exactly what it said but the person I was talking about was lazy and one of those people that are just worried about punching in and punching out for the day, so it was likely something about her work ethic.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I remember when you took a picture of the guy sleeping at his desk. Good stuff.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard