Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

my point was plenty of white australians have been responsible for viral contagion and yet you seem to have a preponderant interest in ethnic groups.
If it weren't for a family of indians smearing shit in their room and demanding someone else clear it up and lazy indian security guards not doing their job we wouldn't have had a second wave.

Literally hundreds of deaths and billions of dollars down the drain. I guess the Victorian govt has learned its lesson.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-10-13 17:00:07)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

uziq wrote:

what and the white militias movement and literal anti-covid rallies didn't do anything to 'seed' a second wave?

most people at the BLM protests were in masks ffs.
To BLM's credit, the anti-covid rallies were not nearly as large as the George Floyd rallies. And often these protest were tightly together.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Trump brags about ordering hit on AntiFa suspect.

Trump video source: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1316801262277455872
NY Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/03/us/m … oting.html
Video Report source:

via imgur: https://imgur.com/gallery/vEYoWiL
I do think that someone suspected of murder should be arrested and given whatever due process is coming to them. They even had a warrant. But I think it's jumping the gun a little bit to be boasting triumphantly of an action that can be seen as a police hit and neighborhood shootup. This didn't take place too far from where I live. I've stopped at Lacey for groceries on the way home …

From Al Jazeera:

Police gave no warning in Antifa activist shooting: Witnesses
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/ … -witnesses

Tidbit from the ny times link:

After Mr. Reinoehl was killed by law enforcement, Attorney General William P. Barr said in a statement that “the streets of our cities are safer.” The federal government’s ability to track Mr. Reinoehl down, he said, was “an unmistakable demonstration that the United States will be governed by law, not violent mobs.”

Mr. Barr formed a task force this summer to investigate the proliferation of violent anti-government extremists as citizens across the country protested the killing of George Floyd by the Minneapolis police. The F.B.I. has opened hundreds of investigations related to extremist activity, but has predominately charged actors on the far right.

But in his public statements, Mr. Barr has pinned the violence on leftist groups and movements, particularly antifa, and echoed President Trump’s assertions that actors on the left are inciting violent riots.
juicy
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Their behavior was a far cry from the weirdo who got himself killed in Oregon after the Malheur debacle. That dude was given multiple chances to not get shot and then presented no choice. These after-the-fact justifications like "he had a gun in his pocket" or the charges against the guy Kyle Rittenhouse killed are ridiculous.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

“an unmistakable demonstration that the United States will be governed by law, not violent mobs.”
Well, 'our' violent mobs.
uziq
+492|3422
https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/10/16 … EHn7R4FxxQ

got to love ishmael reed. the guy just doesn't stop. this is him on the late stanley crouch.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

I had an interesting run in with some old racist white dude this morning. I pulled into my office parking lot and was getting my backpack and mask and ID and I noticed a construction truck and a sedan pull in. Old white dude in the truck was yelling at a Mexican guy about not using his turn signal. Dude was calling him a "stupid pendejo" which is redundant and also I think him just trying to flex the limited Spanish he learned while installing drywall. He ended up getting out of his car and going over to the drivers window of the dude in the sedan and reached in saying real slow "this is where your turn signal is, you stupid fucking mexican".

Thats when I walked up and asked if I could help them with anything. Old dude said, "I don't think this stupid pendejo realizes my truck is 7000 lbs". I told him "I hope you have a better day, but you need to leave the property."

Then I asked dude in sedan if everything was ok. He was grateful.

Can you imagine following someone into a random parking lot to yell at them about their driving? Fucking weirdo.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I had an interesting run in with some old racist white dude this morning. I pulled into my office parking lot and was getting my backpack and mask and ID and I noticed a construction truck and a sedan pull in. Old white dude in the truck was yelling at a Mexican guy about not using his turn signal. Dude was calling him a "stupid pendejo" which is redundant and also I think him just trying to flex the limited Spanish he learned while installing drywall. He ended up getting out of his car and going over to the drivers window of the dude in the sedan and reached in saying real slow "this is where your turn signal is, you stupid fucking mexican".

Thats when I walked up and asked if I could help them with anything. Old dude said, "I don't think this stupid pendejo realizes my truck is 7000 lbs". I told him "I hope you have a better day, but you need to leave the property."

Then I asked dude in sedan if everything was ok. He was grateful.

Can you imagine following someone into a random parking lot to yell at them about their driving? Fucking weirdo.
That's how people get killed. The world is full of crazy people willing to commit violence over less. I see too much death on the internet to get into arguments with strangers.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

the driver of the sedan seemed more shocked with what was going on than anything. I thought stupid construction guy was going to punch the guy at first. That's why i walked over towards them.

It's also fortunate that I am the GM here so I knew these guys had no business in our lot, and definitely not in our employee parking lot.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
In agreement with SJW (SuperJailWarden) that’s a lot of risk over a turn signal. I had to get used to drivers around Boston not using their signals. Absolutely annoying but eventually you expect it and don’t take it personally.

I bet that guy is just waiting all the time for some Mexican to make his day.

You packing heat, Ken?

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-10-21 20:51:53)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Depends if they nearly caused a serious accident, but best left to the police obviously.

Too many people on the road have no clue about what they're doing or how close they've come to killing someone or being killed.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Road rage truck guy is absolutely in the wrong here, but I do understand it can be frustrating driving those things around idiot cars who sit on your blind spot, tailgate you in your blind spot, match speeds and block you from merging or changing lanes, cut in front of you and brake (super aggravating on an upslope), etc. Been there. All stupid reasons to get in a fight, mind.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Depends if they nearly caused a serious accident, but best left to the police obviously.

Too many people on the road have no clue about what they're doing or how close they've come to killing someone or being killed.
it's just that you overwhelmingly think 'stupid people' = indians and asians, and white drivers are never reckless, certainly never drunk, and never cause accidents.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Nope, never said that.

Its also frustrating for people who drive for a living risking losing their livelihood because some dumbfuck never learned to drive.
uziq
+492|3422
i'm sure articulated and big rig lorry drivers live in terror of indian women driving hatchbacks.

Last edited by uziq (2020-10-22 07:12:42)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
One for Dilbert : "A warehouse full of hoarded covid relief items and palliatives discovered by Nigerian citizens in festac Lagos"
https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … ief_items/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Nope, never said that.

Its also frustrating for people who drive for a living risking losing their livelihood because some dumbfuck never learned to drive.
The truck driver lost whatever moral high ground he might have been entitled to when he road raged to that extent. He is not a good driver.

When you're driving a big truck it's true some things are out of your hands. Still, defensive drive moar. I've seen some pretty dumb stunts pulled by truck drivers, and a few times as a passenger. Harrowing.
uziq
+492|3422
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Quietly deleting tweets when called out on bs does seem like the go-to corporate tactic these days.
Larssen
+99|1857
People in general rarely respond well to admissions of guilt or misconduct. It's not considered a good communication strategy. Sad but true.

Also, clicking on about the reports on the lack of diversity in UK media & the framing that, basically, it's racist as shit - the following stat is quoted to underline that argument:

The National Council for the Training of Journalists’ latest Diversity in Journalism report from 2017 found that around 94 per cent of journalists are white compared to 91 per cent of the UK workforce.
Cmon really?

Last edited by Larssen (2020-10-22 15:30:30)

uziq
+492|3422
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … urce=share

dilbert takes his first trip away from the parental nest in 15 years and this is what happens.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

People in general rarely respond well to admissions of guilt or misconduct. It's not considered a good communication strategy. Sad but true.

Also, clicking on about the reports on the lack of diversity in UK media & the framing that, basically, it's racist as shit - the following stat is quoted to underline that argument:

The National Council for the Training of Journalists’ latest Diversity in Journalism report from 2017 found that around 94 per cent of journalists are white compared to 91 per cent of the UK workforce.
Cmon really?
Really? Seems like at least half of UK TV journalists are BAME these days.
uziq
+492|3422
how quaint, dilbert thinks that tv presenters/anchors are the entirety of the journalistic profession.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thats probably the issue, ethnics don't gravitate to the small towns and local papers which probably employ the numbers.

But obviously its racist white newspapers editors and their hiring policies which are to blame.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Thats probably the issue, ethnics don't gravitate to the small towns and local papers which probably employ the numbers.

But obviously its racist white newspapers editors and their hiring policies which are to blame.
the vast majority of managerial/editorial and commissioning/producer jobs in the media will be the same old boys network. think of the patrician BBC. plenty of BAME newscasters but how many black director-generals? how many black program controllers? there's a lot more to a news or media organisation than the person sat in the chair reading the autocue.

thinking that small towns/provinces still have their own papers with staffed offices is REALLY, truly quaint, by the way. the best you'll get even up to medium-sized cities nowadays is an online, clickbait-hungry 'local paper' that is identical to every other small town paper and owned by the same company. and they do not employ hardly any full-time staff, let alone reporters or investigative journalists.

Last edited by uziq (2020-10-22 15:54:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard