uziq
+492|3422

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

uziq wrote:

"at the height of my interest in CGI movies from a technical perspective"

SURE pal, SURE.

you're just like fucking dilbert. 'i have a collection of teeny-bopper pop music fronted by skimpily clad nubiles because of my interest in the technicalities of songwriting'.
I was interested in CGI because it figured heavily into a design course I was taking at the time. I still am, to some degree. It's hard to watch one of these movies without trying to figure out how I'd accomplish some of the effects on my own. I can get a fix checking out articles and commentary about the field and occasionally firing up 3ds max to play around in. You'd have to dig deep into your pockets to pay me to watch Cats 2019 or finish Avengers whatever number it's on.

Did you fight for the humans or the orcs? What was the gaudiest pixel sword you owned? You're like the Bloody Mary of cheap entertainment. Like if someone stands in front of a mirror and intones "ninja turtles" three times, you'll materialize to tell them off.

I remember the Hamburglar too. InTiMaTe KnOwLeDgE!
i don't even read half your posts. you're a sick man.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I wish I had a name for whatever twisted menstrual cycle you flit in and out of.
uziq
+492|3422
don't tase me bro
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

It's kind of a stupid flex on a video game forum though, isn't it? The last time you were called out on this kind of thing, you kind of petered out in a "but, but" sort of fashion.

Uzique when someone mentions a comic book movie in passing:
https://media2.giphy.com/media/H8bzCgnzMVgWs/giphy.gif

Also uzique (for the nostalgia, of course):
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4l16Mx_bnj4/hqdefault.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
the average age of wow:Classic players is mid-30s. it's literally full of people revisiting their teenage game of choice. a helluva lot of them are doing 60-70+ hour weeks on it. i levelled to 60, to go through all the zones again, and cancelled my subscription. i have zero regrets about that. it was a great trip down memory lane.

you watch children's movies. i bet you secretly want to touch children.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I could easily borrow your tired "only for the nostalgia" excuse. I liked animation from my "teenage days. Zero regrets! Trip down memory lane." I would even hazard that Incredibles is a better contribution to the comic book genre (high bar, I know) than the relentlessly miserable Joker.

It's honestly exhausting wondering what will set you off on some obsessive tangent like this. Pixar was one of the gold stars of quality CGI. I was really into working in 3d and rendering. The movie did a good job at it and got a favorable critical response besides. Why wouldn't I have watched it at least once? Derp.

I remember the name of a character from an old movie and some wow player on a video game forum wants to throw troll shade. Go collect 10 lizard scales or whatever it is you do in that MMO.

Anyway you can compare me to dilbert if I self-report weeping at a scene in Megamind or pre-order the butthole cut of Cats.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
he cried during megamind?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3422
newbie i think there is counselling to wean people off their childhood pacifiers. look it up. you need help!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think it was Wonder Woman.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I recall watching The Incredibles on some movie channel in either late middle school or high school one evening. It was aight.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I watched toy story 4 or whatever was the most recent one.

Uzi and gatekeeping. Name a more iconic duo.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Uzi and being a gay is pretty iconic.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
One time a former boss of mine who was also my peer made a reference to Disney’s Frozen. I told her I’d never seen it so she replied “you must not hang out with many kids.” I think it was meant as a passive aggressive remark but it was also completely weird.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I like the Frozen song Let it go. I like a lot of the Disney songs. There are some wonderful ones that have a place in my library.

Of course all of these songs were from the 90's which is considered the Golden Era of Disney Animation. Let It Go is the only modern song that had nearly the amount of commercial and critical success as the 90's songs. Let It Go is particularly popular among the LGBT community which is good. I'm glad they have something they can identify with.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
No one really tells you that the songs you learn as a young child will be stuck in your head for the rest of your life.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I use my knowledge of Disney songs as a pickup line.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Hey babe I can show you the world.

Mac, I’m not a cop, don’t worry. I’d tell you if I was.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-10-21 18:21:12)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Superior Mind wrote:

Hey babe I can show you the world.

Mac, I’m not a cop, don’t worry. I’d tell you if I was.
T.V. has trained me for this moment.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
As far as I can see no crime has been committed.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

you're just like fucking dilbert. 'i have a collection of teeny-bopper pop music fronted by skimpily clad nubiles because of my interest in the technicalities of songwriting'.
Pop has a respected history from ABBA onwards, I like it and appreciate it, just as you enjoy your tuneless, lyricless, aneurysm-inducing drone.
Each to their own I guess.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Superior Mind wrote:

No one really tells you that the songs you learn as a young child will be stuck in your head for the rest of your life.
Jafar's snide reprise of Prince Ali comes to mind every now and then, unbidden.
uziq
+492|3422

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I watched toy story 4 or whatever was the most recent one.

Uzi and gatekeeping. Name a more iconic duo.
someone around here has got to stand for the old virtues whilst you lot roll around in your bibs and happy meal filth.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Pop has a respected history from ABBA onwards, I like it and appreciate it, just as you enjoy your tuneless, lyricless, aneurysm-inducing drone.
Each to their own I guess.
i know that pop has good songcraft and good songwriting. one of my relatives was a very famous songwriter, dil-derp.

it's just that you also happen to like looking at 16 year old ex-disney stars and go to stadia to stand in the audience with teenage girls, their moms, and the gays.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think out of all of us, you probably stand out the most in your overweening preoccupation with what other people have watched. I have never seen a 30-year-old more hyperconcerned about making sure everyone knows He Is A Big Boy. In a way it's like a 13 year old being upset about being guessed 12.

"I'm 30 and a quarter!"
uziq
+492|3422
you need to be told that watching children's movies is not okay. and keep your hands out of your pants during the dance scenes in frozen.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard