SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Meme war. Boomer Facebook/Twitter man doesn't like the kids having fun on their social media. Trump and his supporters want the kids to read their chain emails and hot takes on Facebook instead.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
Most likely: A bank in China denied a loan to Ol' Donny J and now Trump is sour to the nation and looking to take some pot shots on his way to the NY state penitentiary.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Meme war. Boomer Facebook/Twitter man doesn't like the kids having fun on their social media. Trump and his supporters want the kids to read their chain emails and hot takes on Facebook instead.
Give me a legitimate Trump supporter chain mail over one from an "now I voted for Hillary but let me tell you about this thing I like about Trump or hate about his supporters for the 50,000th time" any day. Heck, sign me up for the state Republican newsletter.

Just spare me from boomer-made memes, mercilessly vivisecting them, then finding out that an uncle or whoever made it and didn't just find it on Facebook. Followed by the part I just love where I get to figure out how to soothe over the hurt feelings of elderly family.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

This gallery:
https://imgur.com/gallery/rBZwOlH

Couple pics:

lmao

How have the last 4 years been treating this person:

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

This gallery:
https://imgur.com/gallery/rBZwOlH

Couple pics:

lmao

How have the last 4 years been treating this person:

The top house is clearly owned by a secret gay man. No straight man enjoys putting decorations up.

The bottom house is where the Unabomber used to live.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-10-19 14:36:59)

Larssen
+99|1858
Quite sobering to watch and read statements made by Trump's most senior cabinet members. If your own secretaries of state and defence have the following to say, and it is outright ignored by Trump's followers, I think the conclusion has to be that the US's democracy is in the grips of a cult and on its way down. I'm sure it won't stop Jay from casting his ballot for Donald though.

Mattis wrote:

IN UNION THERE IS STRENGTH
I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.

James Madison wrote in Federalist 41 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-10-20 08:43:56)

uziq
+492|3422
i mean, rex was fired after calling president trump a 'fucking moron' or something at a pentagon meeting.

that's because trump was entirely out of his depth and didn't know anything about geopolitcs or the history of the 20th century. his generals and top staff had to brief him literally from the start about every world issue. vietnam, the korean peninsula, iran, israel, latin america, etc. like beginning back in high-school all over again. i doubt president trump has even heard of half the nations where america has bases or troops stationed.

trump turned around and said in a meeting with his top brass that 'we aren't going to do that anymore'. totally against the prevailing strategy and geopolitical position. (let's suspend any conspiratorial or sideways thinking about russian collusion or trump's secret allies for a second.) just total refusal to listen to his generals or tillerson. hence the 'fucking moron' comment.

just unbelievable stuff. it's crazy how much has been buried or forgotten in the news churn. the early days of his presidency were unreal.
uziq
+492|3422
there is a 3-part BBC documentary on air at the moment called ‘the trump show’ that recaps on the last 4 years. it’s not your usual docu and gloss. it has everyone on it. every staffer involved in the white house give interviews.

it’s actually so funny remembering some of the things that happened. like when trump wrongly stated that a hurricane was going to hit alabama. then doubled down. and then drew a large cone on the meteorological chart with a sharpie. just fucking brilliant.

Last edited by uziq (2020-10-20 11:07:51)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I will need some comfort food if I'm going to watch that.
uziq
+492|3422
it was actually very good, all 3 episodes covered so much. got to love just how engaging some of trump's circle of scumbags are.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

uziq wrote:

trump turned around and said in a meeting with his top brass that 'we aren't going to do that anymore'. totally against the prevailing strategy and geopolitical position.
This isn't a defense of Trump but we should continue to avoid pumping up "the generals". These are the great minds that totally went along with Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Trump is of course the wrong man to try a course correction since he knows neither the course or where to go. The American foreign policy establishment has a lousy track record. If America wasn't a nation raised on Call of Duty and action movies more people would realize that the military has been no more successful than the economist that pushed for out sourcing and welfare reform.
Larssen
+99|1858
Stanley mcchrystal was a fucking idiot yet he was hailed as this genius by virtue of his promotion to ISAF commander.
uziq
+492|3422
whilst that is true, and you need to turn a corner on 20 years of neo-cons and warhawks, the course correction absolutely should not be trump. generals are still necessary for national defense and basic strategic interests. china and russia for one will take every checker piece that you let them.
Larssen
+99|1858
In all fairness at the very least generals are mostly educated, read memos, and are competent in what they do. Trump is none of these things and deserves to be called a fucking moron every day.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-10-20 16:09:38)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Trying to combat Russia and China at the same time is a fundamental flaw that someone needs to put a stop to. We can't compete with both of them at the same time. Nixon was smart enough to realize that back in the 70's when he made peace with China to contain the Soviet Union. If we are serious about combating China, we need to to make peace with Russia in some form. Unfortunately for us, Republicans want to make peace with Russia because they see it as the great savior of conservative white people. Attempting rapprochement with them based on that premise will doom the whole thing to failure for a multitude of reasons.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I say sacrifice Europe.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Long article:

Trump Records Shed New Light on Chinese Business Pursuits
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … u-pandemic

[…] The Chinese account is controlled by Trump International Hotels Management L.L.C., which the tax records show paid $188,561 in taxes in China while pursuing licensing deals there from 2013 to 2015. […]
"But Joe is soft on China and Hunter is like a money vacuum! Crime family!"
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Long article:

Trump Records Shed New Light on Chinese Business Pursuits
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … u-pandemic

[…] The Chinese account is controlled by Trump International Hotels Management L.L.C., which the tax records show paid $188,561 in taxes in China while pursuing licensing deals there from 2013 to 2015. […]
"But Joe is soft on China and Hunter is like a money vacuum! Crime family!"
The real scandal is Biden's drug addict son living his best life due to his dad. None of Trump's kids ever did such a thing.
uziq
+492|3422
i don't know how anyone can look at trump's sons and think they would ever have been a success without daddy. those guys have had a free ride their whole lives. they look like they have the sapience of a block of cheese between them.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Considering the lack of social mobility in the society's we live in, I think it is fair to say that we all benefited from the good choices of our parents. Even if those good choices were simple things like not smoking marijuana when pregnant. So I can't get really too upset about Biden's kid doing what we all have done but on a smaller scale. The thing that annoys me is the hypocrisy of right wingers trying to get people mad at Biden's arguably pretty cool son while Trump's offspring fuck up our government. But like many things with the right wing, it's all hypocrisy and projection.
Larssen
+99|1858

uziq wrote:

it was actually very good, all 3 episodes covered so much. got to love just how engaging some of trump's circle of scumbags are.
I just started watching this, I almost forgot about spicer's antics. What a bunch of fucking lunatics.
uziq
+492|3422

Larssen wrote:

uziq wrote:

I just started watching this, I almost forgot about spicer's antics. What a bunch of fucking lunatics.
yeah, it's very entertaining fare.

i'm not sure on the logistics of watching iplayer content for non-UK people, but let me know if you need my log-in.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The debate is tonight. Interesting thing is that mics are going to be muted for each of the debaters when the other one is answering a direct question. What an embarrassment.
Larssen
+99|1858
Good, let's get back to when debates were boring discussions on substance. As they should be.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Debates were never good. Maybe the last debate that had significant worth were the Lincoln–Douglas debates of 1858.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard