Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
uziq
+326|2170
when you mentioned fewer gears, i assumed you meant a good MTB, as the current-gen tech is all focussed on fewer gears and less teeth to bite and slip on.

i would definitely build some basic core strength and cardio fitness before going mountain-biking, but i don’t know how serious the trails are where you ride or what sort of intensity you’d be riding at. a lot of weekend MTB’ers are very good at driving their bikes to the top of a hill and riding down it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,702|4824|eXtreme to the maX
Yes I know, I'm assuming that few people tackle an actual hill these days so there's no need for close ratios.
Doing the maths the lowest ratio is around what I'm used to, the highest ratio a fair bit lower - and I did use the top ratio - and wider steps in between.

It would be at a pretty low intensity TBH but my basic cardio is OK.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
+326|2170
yeah they’ve pared down the gears on lots of bikes to do away with the cumbersome shifting between rings and derailleur business. they’re still very versatile climbers. the other big change in tech/fashion is wheel size. lots of bikes have large 29 inch wheels now, which offsets their much more aggressive frame geometry.

if you’re actually in half-decent shape and not the slug you self-report as (i remain skeptical), biking is great.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
BMI - Bang in the middle of the perfect range
Resting Pulse - 60
Atrial fibrillation - Occasional

For whatever reason they've cut right back on the top gear, sad!

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-08-28 02:19:58)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+695|4261|Toronto

Pochsy wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Man, so I've been waiting for a very well respected gym equipment company in Canada to restock so I can dump $2K into a home gym with all the bits I want, but I just got news they're restocking in 2 batches. Problem is 1/2 the shit I need is in the first batch, and the other half the second, and that puts me just below the spend limit for flat-rate shipping. Major issue because this shit is 1.) heavy 2.) large 3.) going the distance. I asked if they'd just hold the first order and combine it with the second order when it comes in, but they said nah because they can't be 100% sure when batch 2 will arrive.

I just wanted to get buff and collect some winks on the street. Why is this so hard. Why am I so powerless. Why do I persist.
Good news, 5 remaining active members, I pre-ordered my gym the day I got the pre-order email. It took 3 hours to place the order on their website because it kept crashing. There were many moments of weakness in which I thought I'd give in to being weak forever. Not so. Now I wait until Aug 31 for it to get shipped out, and with any luck I'll be stealing your girl by Sept. Yeeaahhhhh buddyyy
I came back just to keep ya'll posted. I couldn't let this yarn not form itself into the hug of a warm sweater. My equipment is somewhere in the prairies doing 110 in the slow lane as we speak. All 863 pounds of it. I called 3 meathead buddies to get it off my driveway and the payment beer is in the fridge.

Anyways, that'll be it for this item. Let me know if you have any questions. I eagerly look forward to expanding on this blog.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+380|2438
Why am I getting white beard hairs?
uziq
+326|2170
it’s your jewish roots. you’re becoming a rabbi.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I think I should use some of my tax refund to buy a SCATT MX-02

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-10-18 01:31:40)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+380|2438

Dilbert_X wrote:

I think I should use some of my tax refund to buy a SCATT MX-02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGkOZE5lA1g
She is wearing too much makeup. It is obvious when they made the bad decision to shrink the video's field of view to just her head.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard