RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
That does sound like something that would play in the background of a Dirt replay.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

since we posting some classics
uziq
+492|3422

one of the most important jungle albums for me ...

honourable mention

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Man I haven't even thought about Photek in a long time. Thanks for posting those, I'm about to go down a rabbit hole looking for old jungle albums
lil_droo
+19|1465

Superior Mind wrote:

lil_droo wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i hope you don't talk like you type

both those artists are like dining in an alley way. "I'll have your finest beef garbaggio, please. Can you add some of that oil at the bottom of the dumpster?"
I switch up how I'm talking depending on who the audience is. I have fun with language dude. It's a good skill to have anyways cause I can go to other ppls level and connect and make them feel comfortable whether it's a young black dude from south la or an old person I'll switch to "sirs" and proper shit real quick. Otherwise I talk like a normal southern Californian.

Hating on Tekashi ok whatever but calling chief keef garbage? Lmfao. He was literally a pioneer in trap music and made drill take off as well (which has been dead a while now, about the time the UK got into it lol). So many modern rappers cite him as a major influence it's not even funny. Also soundcloud and mumble rap probably wouldn't even be what it is today without him, he was a catalyst for that shit blowing up. A lot of that style started with him

Bro literally don't share that opinion to ppl that are really into rap lol that will piss someone off. That dude dedicated a fuckin great song to kobe years ago and he not even from LA. Don't know how u can't at least appreciate that
X’D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4yZ86L … ture=share
This is one of my favs.
that shit is actually really cool, makes me wanna hustle and herd goats in the deserts of libya or something. for real tho that sounds good lol, u got other stuff like it?
gang shit
uziq
+492|3422
always best to browse by label, i reckon. some labels in that period were fucking gold.

like moving shadow.

Regis779
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+0|1286
The Day the World Stood Still by The Raven Age
uziq
+492|3422
oh my god yes. on a normal friday this sort of song would open up a whole weekend of goodness.

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
uziq
+492|3422
killing kurt cobain wasn't enough for that woman? she had to inflict her music on us too?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I think of him whenever I drive to Aberdeen. From what I understand, he hated it there. The town really is depressing, damp, covered in trash and poverty, and the police lurk on the highway outskirts waiting to pull people over and question for accelerating to crest the exit hill.
uziq
+492|3422
just like its scottish namesake!

actually aberdeen in scotland has its moments.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

killing kurt cobain wasn't enough for that woman? she had to inflict her music on us too?
well, that particular song has "billy corgan" written all over it.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

just like its scottish namesake!

actually aberdeen in scotland has its moments.
Looks like a ton of suburban residential at the Scottish version.

Washington flyover:

I'm sure the interior businesses just love the parasitic Walmart perched at the entrance to the city.
uziq
+492|3422
aberdeen in scotland is almost undoubtedly of far greater architectural interest than the american version. america’s ability to create wasteland suburban sprawl is unparalleled.

aberdeen in scotland is actually known as the ‘granite city’. that shit actually looks good in the rain with a splash of sunshine (fortunate given scotland’s climate).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Between the two I would much rather stay in the Scottish version.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/ssv2/?scale=2&lang=en&colorScheme=dark&format=png&size=590x170&center=46.9903%2C-123.6658&spn=0.1086%2C0.0487&annotations=%5B%7B%22point%22%3A%2246.9468309050296%2C-123.643535077572%22%2C%22color%22%3A%2266abff%22%2C%22markerStyle%22%3A%22balloon%22%2C%22glyphText%22%3A%222%22%7D%2C%7B%22point%22%3A%2247.0122879%2C-123.6880361%22%2C%22color%22%3A%2266abff%22%2C%22markerStyle%22%3A%22balloon%22%2C%22glyphText%22%3A%221%22%7D%5D

Western Washington is spotted with cities that were supposed to be THE economic gateways into Washington until their thunder was stolen by other cities. Now they're just sad little roosts for dumpy homes in disrepair, and national/international chain stores. I think Aberdeen rates in the teens as one of the poorest in the state. Westbound, I usually turn south at Montesano (also horrible) to visit my aunt, and get washed with a small feeling of relief.

It's no wonder Cobain was looking for some kind of escape.
uziq
+492|3422
cosmopolis is a great name for a place.

uziq
+492|3422
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

uziq wrote:

aberdeen in scotland is almost undoubtedly of far greater architectural interest than the american version
ha! This is like saying there are some Van Gogh's that are undoubtedly better than the dog poop I found in my front yard this morning.

Yes.

Yes is the answer to the question.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Fellow Washingtonian backs my estimation of Aberdeen, WA. I'm sure there are people online who would post "I love Aberdeen!" but they're in denial.
uziq
+492|3422
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

Gotta say I'm digging this cover.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
uziq
+492|3422
aphex stands out amongst most producers because he can actually write a (very) good melodic line. memorable melodies are in pretty short supply in a lot of knob twiddling music (not that it's even the point, but, yes, it gives something for otherwise not-electronically-inclined listeners to latch onto, a way 'in').

the sheer amount of people doing covers of his work, including some consummate musicians/ensembles, says it all.

the guy has written some amazing tunes.

uziq
+492|3422
and as if writing some of the most memorable melodies in electronic music wasn't enough, he's since gone off the deep end for the last 10-15 years of his releases by releasing microtonal stuff, composing songs based off new tuning systems, etc, totally outside of the usual western diatonic tonal system.

yes, i stan. no one person has any business being that autistically good at something.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard