Elizabeth
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+1|1339
All of the QAnon men focused on secret pedophile rings are in fact secret pedophiles themselves. Why would you even dwell on that?
uziq
+492|3422
weren’t you obsessed with gays and transsexuals for about 2 years?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The trannies actually exist though. I am not saying there is a giant transgender conspiracy. Besides the trannies aren't the thing we most need to fear. The Muslims must be stopped.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Elizabeth
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+1|1339
A lot of the parents who are big on reopening schools just want babysitting and don't actually care/understand education. You ever notice how the "reopen schools" crowd is the same ones that complain about college professors and teachers unions?
uziq
+492|3422
yes, it's the 'get on with it!' crowd who don't appreciate good education.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
I've really enjoyed trying to catch up on this thread.
uziq
+492|3422
a lot of madness, eh!

and what are your thoughts?
uziq
+492|3422
https://twitter.com/sophielevin11/statu … 63649?s=21

this random zoomer has basically summed up the UK’s response.

serco and private contractors, as well as giving positions of leaderships to your inept mates (dido harding), means we have a completely failed system. track and trace apps have been dropped from development (cummings’ mate’s company was given the gig) and our testing system is still in chaos.

we are just as unprepared for this winter’s wave as we were for the first one. the lockdown bought us nothing. thank god that the medical science has at least given us a few small mercies and treatments.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
This is going to be a devastating winter. When I predicted we were opening too early people mocked me and typed "JuSt TwO mOrE wEeKs". They called me a madman.

Tell your older loved ones you love them. And always remember who the leaders were who failed to protect us.
Larssen
+99|1857
Thanos is the most quotable villain ever. It's all cookie cutter cinema at the end of the day but infinity war was such an enjoyable film. Marvel's best, 10/10.
uziq
+492|3422
fucking grown men splooging over comic movies. get a grip.
Larssen
+99|1857
I have no trouble whatsoever finding enjoyment in mindless entertainment. The amount of films marvel pumps out is overkill but every once in a while there's a fun one in there. They're generally well crafted, boast fantastic vfx and have plenty hilarious dialogue.

Life would get really fucking tiring if I spent all my leisure only on arthouse cinema, intricate musical compositions & literary masterpieces.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
ol' Palpy is pretty quotable too.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3422

Larssen wrote:

I have no trouble whatsoever finding enjoyment in mindless entertainment. The amount of films marvel pumps out is overkill but every once in a while there's a fun one in there. They're generally well crafted, boast fantastic vfx and have plenty hilarious dialogue.

Life would get really fucking tiring if I spent all my leisure only on arthouse cinema, intricate musical compositions & literary masterpieces.
there's a lot of culture and entertainment between 'marvel movies' and 'masterpieces'. you know, like any entertainment aimed at adults. marvel movies are for children.
Larssen
+99|1857
The box office tells me there's millions of adults who watch them. Besides, the thousands of people involved in crafting these films do put in effort to appeal to as wide an audience as possible you know.

I don't see much of a difference with star wars or any franchise for that matter. The fact that I've seen some doesn't make me part of the cultural subset that obsesses over this sort of film.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Going to side with Larssen on this one. Comic-y action movies may be dumb fun but they're definitely not just aimed at children. Seems like a really dismissive stance to think they are. Giant megacorporations aren't blind to the existence of adult fans with actual money. I don't think most children are going to convince their parents to buy a licensed $190 figurine for them. There's also references and humor in these movies that kids aren't going to get, but adults will. It's probably easy to say that's just for the benefit of parents being forced to watch them, but there are for sure people who enjoy that kind of thing unironically.

That said, I stopped keeping up on the Marvel movies because even if I am a fan of VFX and actors who can throw their all into some of the dumbest roles I've ever seen, the stories just aren't very good. Sometimes even by comic book standards. I can appreciate B sci-fi because of how makeshift, dated, and sometimes outright backyard the entire project is. That a 9-figure project with supposedly all the stops pulled gets bottlenecked by an atrocious story rubs me the wrong way. If it's just referencing source material or something as fan service, it doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of putting it together cohesively.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
There really are a lot. Even people who don't seem to be that big into movies have seen a lot more than the 3 I have, and express surprise when I point that out. It just seems a big investment to me for something I don't really care about.
uziq
+492|3422
ok guys enjoy your movies being wow’d by the big evil purple computer generated man and quoting baby yoga or whatever. very moving. very neat.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Honestly you've probably given people more crap for watching Superguy or whatever than Macbeth for collecting MTG cards. Weren't you not long ago promoting a COD game as a spiritual successor to BF2? Don't you know that video games are a Child's Hobby?

e: I support Dilbert in his pilot ambition. Maybe he can hang out at the lounge and practice pick-up lines on other middle-aged fliers.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Honestly you've probably given people more crap for watching Superguy or whatever than Macbeth for collecting MTG cards. Weren't you not long ago promoting a COD game as a spiritual successor to BF2? Don't you know that video games are a Child's Hobby?
Why are you defecting this onto me? My cards are part of a diversified investment portfolio.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Yu-Gi oh I'm sure that's what they are.
uziq
+492|3422
not sure what you’re on about but i definitely never promoted call of duty to anyone. i was not a fan of that game. i think i said in passing to ig that it had vehicles and large conquest maps like bf2?  ok i guess i was a fanatic. i played it for about 25 hours total. bong. you will never see me saying that the storyline is good and suitable for adults. that shit sucks.

and yes video games are mostly for children or man babies. the only game i’ve enjoyed in about a decade was a nostalgia trip recreating my own halcyon days. and don’t tell me any different. twitch culture and ‘pro gamers’ is a sad lame spectacle. if you’re 40 and you’re invested in that shit, you’re a joke. no sane adult ‘aspires’ to be a twitch streamer or pro gamer. it’s all tied up in adolescent drama and competition.

i’m right and you’re in denial. fight me
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
In others new, I just saw a commercial for a Halloween special and remembered that Halloween is canceled this year.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MedicalRareAllensbigearedbat-size_restricted.gif
uziq
+492|3422
new years is cancelled this year, forget halloween. nobody outside of the USA even cares about that anyway.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

not sure what you’re on about but i definitely never promoted call of duty to anyone. i was not a fan of that game. i think i said in passing to ig that it had vehicles and large conquest maps like bf2?  ok i guess i was a fanatic. i played it for about 25 hours total. bong. you will never see me saying that the storyline is good and suitable for adults. that shit sucks.

and yes video games are mostly for children or man babies. the only game i’ve enjoyed in about a decade was a nostalgia trip recreating my own halcyon days. and don’t tell me any different. twitch culture and ‘pro gamers’ is a sad lame spectacle. if you’re 40 and you’re invested in that shit, you’re a joke. no sane adult ‘aspires’ to be a twitch streamer or pro gamer. it’s all tied up in adolescent drama and competition.

i’m right and you’re in denial. fight me
There's really no need to get too defensive about it. I just think it's fair that if you get to replay a dumb, cartoony MMO to reignite your youth or whatever, or mention "in passing" that you found a new shooty game, that other people should get to watch their dumb comic book movies without taking too much guff. Not all forms of entertainment have to be practiced with your pinky out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard