Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
uziq
Member
+303|2144
very odd that the two chauvinists on this forum who espouse 'man's roles' and 'women's good looks' live at home with their mummies.

peak male performance, guys.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,812|5463|USA

It's probably understandable for multigenerational housing to make a comeback given weakened purchasing power and soaring property values, so I usually avoid punching down on someone for living with relatives.

I think it's weird to see those cases punching down on other people, though. Especially when they can probably well afford to move out.
uziq
Member
+303|2144
living with relatives is fine but sitting in your parents wood-panelled basement and pointing out women's 'pointy elbows' and inveighing against 'the blacks' is a net-nerd stereotype as old and crusty as the kleenex tissues that invariably attend the scene.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX
Our billiards room had wood-paneling by Harrods, I've never lived in a house with a basement.
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+303|2144
ok, sure, you're practically an aristocrat and daddy was basically james bond.

i know so many aristocrats who swapped out fortnum & masons and harrods for a bungalow in wagga wagga. who needs biarritz when there's bondi?

let's just agree you could probably more profitably redirect all that fear, anger and bitterness into your own life situation.
Larssen
Member
+30|579

Dilbert_X wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Stuff is history now. It's interesting to see how the threat landscape has changed in recent years, counter terrorism increasingly fading into the background.
I'm guessing intelligence agencies have their hands more than full with returned ISIS fighters.

There'll be a regrouping and resurgence, if only because the CIA need one to justify their own existence and to remind the world to devote all its resources to Israel.
Less of a problem than you'd think, but obviously it's an issue.

These days most attention is given to unwanted interference in media and politics, proxy activity by states and outright hostility in cyberspace. Russian & Chinese hackers are quite active. Also general crisis preparedness because of the pandemic.

A looming issue is an increase in movement of people from N-Africa and the ME but for now the worst seems to have passed. More attention should also be directed to security of the southern borders & 'european neighbourhood'. Not the most immediate problem though.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-09-16 09:18:18)

uziq
Member
+303|2144
it’s ironic and unfortunate that most of the right-wingers who get so animated about migrant caravans and displaced people are also climate change deniers ... that’s going to come to a head pretty soon if they keep chummying up to their industry pals and turning the global south into a desert.
Larssen
Member
+30|579
It's not entirely the case from what I've experienced, but the voting base seems so united in their disgust for non European immigrants that they're willing to disregard that part of right wing parties. Besides, most of the time they simply criticise policies, sometimes rightfully so, as the left seems to have a rather unhealthy zeal in saving the world and translating their climate plans into increased expenses/taxes for already pressured middle & lower income households. This is pissing people off while also pointing out that the rest of the world isn't exactly doing its part, notably china, russia, the usa, or the developing countries that build hundreds of new coal plants each year.

But overall I agree with your point. The right wing parties seem to make it a tactic to unite all sorts of fringe conspiracists under one banner, including climate change deniers. They're fucking morons.

But their solution to the migrant problem is also different; truly I haven't heard any of them care about the migrants at all. If they could let every boat drown at sea they gladly would. In their understanding increasing the likelihood of migrant death is a fair deterrent.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-09-16 09:30:54)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX

Larssen wrote:

"The more people confess and renounce their evil past, the more cleansing will come to the land.”
Wishful thinking, people will continue with the old ways of oppressing each other and work to find new ones.

My take was the Nigerians are quick to forgive themselves but even quicker to find ways to marginalise each other.
A Nigerian who had an ancestor who was enslaved by a fellow Nigerian is a non-person according to his fellow Nigerians.

How are different races supposed to get along if races can't get along amongst themselves?
Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+303|2144
so what's your thesis? racism is inevitable because nigerians hate one another according to tribe? human hatred is the only universal?

i mean does it need to be pointed out to you that this isn't much of a basis for a society or political programme. this is the convenient misanthropy and nihilism of a person who needs for nothing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX
Every person and society on earth is tribal, if you put any three people in a room they'll find a point of difference and use it to pick on one of them. The more alike people are the more they bicker.
Writing witty essays is not going to change human nature any more than a cogent argument will stop dogs from licking their balls.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-09-17 18:25:05)

Epstein didn't kill himself
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,812|5463|USA

That's not a very good analogy, and also you can literally tell dogs to go do something and they'll stop licking their balls and go do it. But what do you know? You're a cat person.

"We should give up advancing human civilization because of ancient tendencies." Is that the take?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX
Its a great analogy, turn your back and a dog will revert to instinct.

Nothing has been achieved in the last 5,000 years, the Israelites are still squabbling with the Egyptians, Mesopotamians and the Persians, all we've done is industrialise the process.

The next 5,000 years are going to be worse for race relations, not better.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-09-17 19:20:31)

Epstein didn't kill himself
uziq
Member
+303|2144
dilbert you really need to

FUCKING
READ
A HISTORY
BOOK.

your blathering and prognostications are honestly embarrassing for a man of your age. you are an intellectual infant.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX
I've read plenty of books about conflict and conquest, are there many about how well races and nations have cooperated over the millenia?

How is the UN working these days? Haven't the major powers turned their back on it?
Epstein didn't kill himself
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,812|5463|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Its a great analogy, turn your back and a dog will revert to instinct. (1)

Nothing has been achieved in the last 5,000 years, the Israelites are still squabbling with the Egyptians, Mesopotamians and the Persians, all we've done is industrialise the process. (2)

The next 5,000 years are going to be worse for race relations, not better. (3)
(1) That claim is basically an argument for more laws, regulations, government interference, oversight, and affirmative actions. Also it's not true. Dogs that are well disciplined will follow some rules even if their master isn't present. Ones who have been to those fake ("high class" but actually cheap) training schools where they're stereotypically "taught in German" can be bacon-bribed with little effort. I don't think you know a whole lot about dogs. Even my cat will stand around in doorways it's not allowed through when it thinks I'm not watching.

(2)(3) Macbeth wept, Dilbert, this is the reason you should read history rather than spend time denigrating it. No progress in the last 5000 years, no progress in the next? Reason: Jews.

willsmith-questionmarks.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX
(1) No amount of discipline will stop a dog licking its balls

(2) Have the jews progressed in the last 5,000 years? No. They're still cutting bits off their kids and making piles of stones and daring anyone to stop them

5,000 years, literally no social progress, and they're supposed to be the smart ones

(3) The world is well past a sustainable population, the ecosystem is fucked, the amazon is on fire again to clear land for beef production, and half the world has enough bombs to reduce the place to a cinder 100 times over.
Its nothing but rainbows ahead.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-09-17 21:33:25)

Epstein didn't kill himself
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,812|5463|USA

Human civilization: thousands of years of complex development with many cultures and ideas throughout time and all across the world.
Dilbert: "you can't stop a dog from licking its balls."

How asinine can you get. Your job is literally sitting at a desk with that rubber dong thing drawing lines on your monitor because maths (which has its own history too, you know), and you're sitting here saying that civilization has not progressed based on cherry-picked factoids. Even the industrialization that you mentioned represents a hugely visible point where development began to rapidly ramp. "History is worthless." ffs

Just admit that your analogy is bad.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX
The analogy was about instinctive human behaviour, which hasn't changed in thousands of years, just as dog's instinctive behaviour hasn't changed.

The analogy is great, in fact its greater than great.
Epstein didn't kill himself
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,812|5463|USA

Dog behavior and the way they interact with us has changed over the course of domestication by becoming dogs. Studies suggest that dogs more genetically close to wolves are more indifferent and less attached to their owners. Owning a dog is not the same as owning a wolf, or a wolf-dog. Obsessive grooming (and I'm guessing this is the ball-licking you keep referring to) in cats and dogs is an issue in its own right with many underlying causes.

You might understand this if you read outside of your field of expertise: something other than, your exception when belittling history I guess, "the history of conquests and battles." You'd probably be pretty easy to buy father's day presents for. Just a west-centric WW2 book that's a new edition of one you already own, or reprints of things like The International Jew.

Really, it doesn't feel like I'm arguing with someone your age.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX
It was a simple example, maybe butt sniffing would be a better one.

Try training and breeding that out of dogs, let them run wild a few generations and see if it comes back.

Same for people.
Prioritising your family, tribe, nation over others is inbuilt and instinctive and not something thats going to go away however many reflections on privilege teenagers are forced to write.
Epstein didn't kill himself
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,812|5463|USA

Apart from certain obvious pack dynamics, packs of feral dogs don't behave like packs of wolves. Each adjustment you make to this is probably going to be as problematic as the last. Oversimplified and utterly dense. It's just not working, I'm sorry.

Also the human brain alone has measurably changed in the past 20,000 years, but HeRpdeRp HumAnS ArE OnlY 5000 YeArS OuT oF ThE JuNgLE. Whatever.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX
And yet we're still divided along national, racial, tribal, religious etc lines.

Amazing.
Epstein didn't kill himself
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,697|4798|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Apart from certain obvious pack dynamics, packs of feral dogs don't behave like packs of wolves.
Erm OK

Same as people don't behave like packs except when they behave according to certain obvious pack dynamics.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-17/ … t/12670090
Epstein didn't kill himself
Larssen
Member
+30|579

Dilbert_X wrote:

Larssen wrote:

"The more people confess and renounce their evil past, the more cleansing will come to the land.”
Wishful thinking, people will continue with the old ways of oppressing each other and work to find new ones.

My take was the Nigerians are quick to forgive themselves but even quicker to find ways to marginalise each other.
A Nigerian who had an ancestor who was enslaved by a fellow Nigerian is a non-person according to his fellow Nigerians.

How are different races supposed to get along if races can't get along amongst themselves?
The events described in the article are unequivocal proof that processes of (moral) change occur. As is the course of history; you won't see any legal slavers around anymore.

You're dead wrong and it's staring you in the face. Again, you CAN'T simply pick and choose what you like about this piece and discard all the rest. That's the definition of wilful ignorance.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-09-18 01:48:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard