Larssen
+99|1857
we deserve this pandemic
uziq
+492|3422
never thought much about south dakota before but i do not think i will be visiting.
uziq
+492|3422
posting this here rather than the race/riots thread cause this channel is mostly highly amusing.

it's like a weird sort of gonzo anthropology. slickly and comedically edited glimpses into the american psyche.
Larssen
+99|1857
I'm gonna, uh, vote for....anarchy

LMAO

So many gold clips. The couple kissing behind them, the (homeless?) guy on drugs dancing in the smoke, barely anyone able to form coherent sentences. Oh god man.
Larssen
+99|1857
Apparently a USC professor has been put on leave because in a segment on Chinese filler words he said 'niga' which offended resident black MBA students who then filed an official complaint to USC.

Niga is chinese for 'that', kinda.
uziq
+492|3422
that's very regrettable. as in all cultural flashpoints, there is always an hysterical element, something too zealous, self-flaggelating.

it's like the phenomenon in revolutionary circles during the 19th and 20th centuries, as in marxism, that any doctrine with a salient point will soon attract acolytes and converts who, in their fervour, distort it, abuse it, and end up discrediting the cause. a lot of right-wing people commit this fallacy of dismissing BLM because of the few soundbites of idiots on the news or whatever.
Larssen
+99|1857
I wish the students in question had the mental awareness to know that they're hurting their own cause, beyond the ridiculousness of censoring other languages because you don't like how it sounds.

Worse yet is the USC board which seems to suffer from similar stupidity. Self flaggelation indeed.

And again it's people caught up in semantics & appearances rather than focusing on structural issues. It's tiring how these types always swallow up the limelight.
uziq
+492|3422
i mean, apply a little critical thinking as to why these stories assume gargantuan and sensationalised prominence in the media. it reduces the very structural debates at hand to language games and easily excoriated stories about pronouns.
Larssen
+99|1857
For the same token he would likely not have been suspended without this media frenzy surrounding BLM. Now of course short suspensions wouldn't otherwise warrant this sort of attention and clearly those who despise the movement/want to undermine it will pick up on that, but nonetheless it holds true that whatever those students and the USC board were thinking was rather dumb.

Is it then right to ignore & move on or at least underline that this is not what's intended?

It's pretty bizarre how in the US there seems to be completely separate narratives on the protests & BLM.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I recall learning that as a friend of Taiwanese background was on the phone with his parents. It does seem like a non-issue that gets overblown, as you occasionally see when someone uses words like "niggardly".
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Where's dilbert? This seems like something he'd squat on like a dragon with a pile of gold.
uziq
+492|3422
he's preparing for the apocalypse as the state of victoria announces nearly 100 cases per day of covid.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I wonder how much catnip tea you need to add to your diet to make your dead flesh that much more palatable to your cats?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
There's catnip tea?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

he's preparing for the apocalypse as the state of victoria announces nearly 100 cases per day of covid.
They're on the way down now, if we can just remember to stop letting in filthy indians we should be OK, in terms of the Chinese bat-flu at least.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

There's catnip tea?
Yeah, but it's not really my cup of tea.

https://www.healthline.com/health/catni … catnip-tea
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

They're on the way down now, if we can just remember to stop letting in filthy indians we should be OK, in terms of the Chinese bat-flu at least.
you the man-let!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I watch this video every September. I think it is pretty fitting this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSfVMOXhSHk
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

mark rebillet is pretty fascinating to watch
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
camm just linked me this which made me think of the forum for some reason

weird
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Neighboring company was working on their parking lot. So they all parked in our warehouse dock. I have no idea why there's trucks in there all the time.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3422

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard