KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

It's cathartic and for me, getting away from society for a few days helps me mentally. Plus I like the challenge - it's just me on my own. No one else is responsible for me, and I have no one to count on. It's a good feeling.

This isn't camping so much as backpacking. I have my base weight for my gear at under 10 lbs (even less with no tent!), and my total pack weight should be less than 20 lbs for this trip.

When shit hits the fan i will lead you all into the wilderness. We can eat berries and catch fish and write our posts with a rabbit femur on pieces of tree bark.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5327|London, England
Just make sure you have a sharp knife for when a boulder pins your arm
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It's cathartic and for me, getting away from society for a few days helps me mentally. Plus I like the challenge - it's just me on my own. No one else is responsible for me, and I have no one to count on. It's a good feeling.

This isn't camping so much as backpacking. I have my base weight for my gear at under 10 lbs (even less with no tent!), and my total pack weight should be less than 20 lbs for this trip.

When shit hits the fan i will lead you all into the wilderness. We can eat berries and catch fish and write our posts with a rabbit femur on pieces of tree bark.
I mean this from the bottom of my heart, it has been nice knowing you.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dc/Into_the_Wild_%282007_film_poster%29.png
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

That guy wasn't smart. Im surprised he lasted as long as he did
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
what a great song tho
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Here lies KEN_JENNINGS, 1985-2020
"That guy wasn't smart. Im surprised he lasted as long as he did"
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

I have an awesome GPS / Emergency Signal. I can download a map of any area in the world (that is mapped by garmin). Even maps the ocean
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

[Video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ez8b2VHjVB0[/url]
That sounds fucking awful. You should go to a NASCAR tailgate.

Have fun Ken. Too bad ATG isn't around to give you camping tips.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

I saw ATG at Joshua Tree. Well I saw him pull up. Drove an obnoxiously big truck with his company name splashed all over it. Kind of hard to miss
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Were you expecting him or was it just a twist of fate? If it was anyone but ATG would you have said hi?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

twist of fate. I think we were on our way out. Probs wouldn't have said hi to him either way
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
lol.

Hiking is my favorite type of walking. Over the winter I was hiking nearly daily, living adjacent to Massachusetts’ largest state forest. Amazing endurance training. I was always hunting for chaga mushrooms and animal remains to make it more interesting.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
Man, so I've been waiting for a very well respected gym equipment company in Canada to restock so I can dump $2K into a home gym with all the bits I want, but I just got news they're restocking in 2 batches. Problem is 1/2 the shit I need is in the first batch, and the other half the second, and that puts me just below the spend limit for flat-rate shipping. Major issue because this shit is 1.) heavy 2.) large 3.) going the distance. I asked if they'd just hold the first order and combine it with the second order when it comes in, but they said nah because they can't be 100% sure when batch 2 will arrive.

I just wanted to get buff and collect some winks on the street. Why is this so hard. Why am I so powerless. Why do I persist.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Gotchu bae
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
What's 2k of stuff get you?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

Pochsy wrote:

I just wanted to get buff and collect some winks on the street. Why is this so hard. Why am I so powerless. Why do I persist.
Could you not fashion a gym out of snow?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
I'm trying to cut to get down about 10-15 lbs of excess weight. Got another free meal at work today, Penn station.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

Pochsy wrote:

Man, so I've been waiting for a very well respected gym equipment company in Canada to restock so I can dump $2K into a home gym with all the bits I want, but I just got news they're restocking in 2 batches. Problem is 1/2 the shit I need is in the first batch, and the other half the second, and that puts me just below the spend limit for flat-rate shipping. Major issue because this shit is 1.) heavy 2.) large 3.) going the distance. I asked if they'd just hold the first order and combine it with the second order when it comes in, but they said nah because they can't be 100% sure when batch 2 will arrive.

Good news, 5 remaining active members, I pre-ordered my gym the day I got the pre-order email. It took 3 hours to place the order on their website because it kept crashing. There were many moments of weakness in which I thought I'd give in to being weak forever. Not so. Now I wait until Aug 31 for it to get shipped out, and with any luck I'll be stealing your girl by Sept. Yeeaahhhhh buddyyy

Last edited by Pochsy (2020-09-17 16:36:52)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
whatja get?
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
The centerpiece is a short power cage that was super difficult to find at a good price/quality ratio. My basement ceilings are about 6.5 feet, so I bought a 6 foot full power cage. Olympic barbell. 240lbs of bumper plates. Olympic loadable dumbbells (need to go out and buy a wack of cheap 10lb iron weights for these). EZ Bar. Landmine for t-bar rows. Pulley system for the power cage so I can do lat pulldowns and triceps work.

Think that's about it. I can already tell it's going to be one of those things I dump my fun money into. What I really want is a compact rowing machine for indoor cardio work...
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Very nice dude
I'm envious
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I need to do something before I turn into an irrecoverable slug.

Probably I should get a mountain bike again, why do they have so few gears these days?

Maybe and a kayak, I've always wanted a racing kayak - rowing would be good but I have no interest in going backwards.
Stretch objective is to build a flyak.
uziq
+492|3422
you can get in basic shape with home calisthenics and walking/hiking/jogging. if you’re not motivated to haul your own weight around with some push-ups, pull-ups and walks around the block, don’t kid yourself that a $4,000 MTB is going to solve all your problems. it’ll sit on a wallrack somewhere until you agree to lose 60% of its value on ebay at the next clear-out.

look into a couch-to-5k programme or something.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I was going to get a $900 Rockhopper with 18 gears, I've done plenty of mtb-ing in the past.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard