Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
You're still not really addressing the issue.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Larssen
+99|1857

Dilbert_X wrote:

But blacks are poorer wherever they go.
Gee I really wonder why black americans are poor, or why sub saharan african peoples didn't build sprawling metropolises pre-colonisation. The at that time most thinly populated and one of the least hospitable continents on the planet didn't have a renaissance .... must be cause they're black.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Least hospitable, OK

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzjEno_UAAARex8.jpg
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Larssen
+99|1857
Dilbert, there are many, many books that have covered this question in a much more open and less racist way. It's an entire field of historical study to analyse and compare the development of various civilisations. It may surprise you to know that up until the southern & northern renaissance and especially the industrial revolution, Europe wasn't particularly more developed technologically or socially/culturally than most other continents. It was the arabs who gave us our numeric system and math, who first studied and translated the greek philosophers we know and revere as 'foundational to western culture' today, the Chinese who invented gunpowder among other advancements, basic smelting and smithing in western africa predates that in many other continents, and saharan kingdoms like the Malian were famously cultured and rich places. Timbuktu's reputation was such that it is still known today, and the richest man in history was in fact the black Malian king mansa musa. In south america Machu Pichu and other places stand as a testament to indigenous architectural genius, not to mention how advanced Mayan/Aztec peoples were in many respects, like in astronomy and agriculture. A note on context and environment, there's an old fantastic book called the history and social influence of the potato which helps shine a light on how that little plant allowed for the establishment of entire civilisations and greatly helped the advancement of Ireland/England.

The question of why Africa developed in the way it did is hideously complex and depends also on where in Africa you look, as context matters. But in general we know the lack of seasons, the more aggressive, bigger wildlife, less availability of animals (esp. of the cart pulling sort) that could be easily domesticated and controlled, the greater prevalence and spread of all sorts of diseases among people (like malaria) and cattle, the lesser availability of easily cultivated plants, the enormous distances, often extremely difficult terrain and weather, and relatively sparse population, the demands of the slave trade from the 13th century onwards - all were greatly impactful on how sub saharan Africa came to be known as less advanced by the time colonisers truly set foot there. After which, over a period of hundreds of years, existing civilisations were systematically wiped out to feed with slaves and resources the behemoths that became European empires. In the end even all these factors OUTSIDE OF PEOPLE'S SKIN COLOUR, barely touch the surface.

You are an incorrigible numbskull who needs to read a fucking book. Or not even that, you just for the love of christ need to start using google properly. Instead of hitting up eugenics & stormfront, maybe dive into the actual history of the continent of Africa and studies which focus on the rise and fall of empires.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-08-02 05:38:38)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
i heard this theory not long ago i thought i'd run by you, guys. it goes like this:
whites have, on average, larger brains than blacks, who, in turn, have larger dicks. so they are, basically, envious of each other and that's where all the hate comes from.
sounds plausible?

/s

edited for zeeks and other dipshits

Last edited by Shahter (2020-08-02 09:10:48)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
uziq
+492|3422
sounds plausible if you’re a fucking idiot. the size of your brain has nothing to do with intelligence. this is literally 19th century phrenology. do you still go water dowsing and read tarot in russia, too?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Are edit times wrong? It says shahter posted 22:52 ago but edited 22:54 ago
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
interesting.
could it be... you know... the GRU? O_o
uziq
+492|3422
yes, all those intelligence communities all over the world who are fabricating evidence about the GRU's little escapades.

haven't we been here before? i remember you telling me how 'all western media are biased and liars and corrupt capitalists' whilst i patiently explained to you that the investigative journalists behind the salisbury leaks were freelancers submitting to a non-profit organization. d'oh! i guess the UK, netherlands, germany, USA, etc. are all just colluding to frame the poor GRU.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
https://i.redd.it/64oo3zvn2qe51.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Larssen
+99|1857
Most of those demands I would strongly oppose
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

i patiently explained to you that the investigative journalists behind the salisbury leaks were freelancers submitting to a non-profit organization.
how do you know those journalist were freelancers and the organization was a non-profit? did you audit their accounting or something?
uziq
+492|3422
lol.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
uh-huh. lol indeed. "we are a non-profit organization, all our correspondents are freelancers and anonymous contributors, all our info comes from internetz, but totally reliable.  believe us, because truth, freedom and all the good things".
uziq
+492|3422
no the contributors aren’t anonymous. you do know that not-for-profit organizations have to file legal paperwork and submit tax accounts, right? zOmg conspiracy !!!
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
no the contributors aren’t anonymous
orly? how about those, who, supposedly, put russian fms (federal migration service) database up on internetz?

you do know that not-for-profit organizations have to file legal paperwork and submit tax accounts, right?
you do know that there are ways to pay the fucktards that are completely untraceable, right?
uziq
+492|3422
lmao oh okay. so every investigation that has released incriminating evidence about russia’s involvement in any malfeasance is a corrupt, shady organization who have paid off the tax office with bribes. deep state!

how are you so paranoid and suspicious of just about everything except the actions of putin? amazing!

Last edited by uziq (2020-08-03 12:19:42)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

so every investigation that has released incriminating evidence about russia’s involvement in any malfeasance
what investigations are you talking about? the best i've seen was one by scotland yard, at that never gone anywhere near any kind of conclusive indictment. the rest - bellingcat and shit - is simply laughable.

how are you so paranoid and suspicious of just about everything
i've lived in this world for almost 45 years.

except the actions of putin? amazing!
there we go again. what's it with you and putin, dude? i said it a million times, i'm a bloody commie, and putin is fast becoming a fascist dictator - how do you think that makes me feel?
Larssen
+99|1857
Jesus christ shahter, non profit organisations and freelance journalists have been in existence in the west for hundreds of years, over time they've even carved out a spot of their own in our cultures. There are plenty of people out there motivated in life by more altruistic ideals rather than greed. There are plenty who are not corrupt to the bone.

This is outright deluded conspiracy theory logic you're digging into now. Yeah, sure, all of our legitimate institutions and non profits are actually part of one big 'ol grand conspiracy. Why? I guess because russians say so. It's clear to me that the soviet union, its legacy and the disorder of the 90s have left many russians so distrustful of any public institutions this cynicism and paranoia is easily exploited and directed towards any actor on the planet. Especially those that happen to be critical of the Russian state. Are you sure you're not just another unwitting useful fool to your ex KGB dictator in chief? You seem awfully keen on deflecting the heinous shit he and his cronies have pulled in the last few decades.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-08-03 15:08:47)

uziq
+492|3422
he's spent the last 15 years on this forum laughing at the west's pretensions and spitting on the graves of assassinated liberals/journalists who dared be critics or 'dissidents' or opposition of putin ... and now he talks fatefully and resignedly about 'russia becoming fascist'. hmmm i wonder why that is? probably because half the country is full of confused and teary-eyed idiots like him who are equally nostalgic for stalin as they are hateful of the big bad USA.

Last edited by uziq (2020-08-03 14:56:02)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

Larssen wrote:

Jesus christ shahter, non profit organisations and freelance journalists have been in existence in the west for hundreds of years, over time they've even carved out a spot of their own in our cultures. There are plenty of people out there motivated in life by more altruistic ideals rather than greed. There are plenty who are not corrupt to the bone.
of course there are those people. how many of them have information manipulation capabilities of those, who own the guardian or fox news?

This is outright deluded conspiracy theory logic you're digging into now.
am i? you have no way of knowing who those "freelancer non-profit journalists" are, their sources of information, who they are in contact with, who pays their salaries - you know literally nothing about them, but  are willing to listen to their "research" based on data supposedly acquired from internetz, which they themselves admit they have no way of verifying? i'd rather be called deluded conspiracy nut by you, than be an idiot who does that, thank you very much.
Larssen
+99|1857
I worked for a non profit for about a year. Their budget & my salary was paid for by donations. In general non profits spend quite some time & effort finding new donors. They often receive charitable donations from large corporations, local & national government, from  endowments that deceased rich people left behind and a small army of individual subscribed donors. Also one time donations from any of these groups. Often there's also opportunities for project funding from organisations like the UN and EU.

These donations are not made with insidious intent or manipulative strings attached. They're for the most part gifts, which may or may not be motivated by some corporate or government promo opportunity or because the non profit's work contributes in some way to a government's strategic interest - such as was the case in the non profit I worked for which aided refugees worldwide. We also produced reports on the status & situation of refugees and displaced people in various conflict or disaster stricken areas, through which the organisation received a consultative status to the UN and influence in legal proceedings. All simply in the interest of common humanity & international law.

As for ownership, the thing with a non profit is that that denotion 'non profit' means there isn't centralised ownership. There is no stock to trade. This is regulated by law. If you start a non profit, you don't own it - it's an independent entity. Boards of directors are only allowed to act in the interest of the organisation, not themselves. There's strict rules & regulations to ensure this happens and usually there's official bodies in countries + the judiciary who act as watchdogs for financial transparency & proper conduct. Registration as a non profit usually comes with quite a few a priori requirements on this front as well.

You can extend these sorts of activities & regulations to a given journalism focused non profit. Many parties may be idealistically incentivised to donate to and help finance these institutions.

In conclusion I have a pretty good rough idea of how this all works, you don't.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-08-04 09:34:13)

uziq
+492|3422
shahter, that is all complete supposition and bullshit. you act like these organizations are shadowy and unaccountable, which is just not the case. they aren't anonymous internet trolls spreading rumours and misinformation. ironically, that sounds a lot like the disinformation units associated with the GRU.

why do you always contribute to this erosion of fact and truth? then you have the gall to turn around and complain about fascism?

you truly are the definition of a useful idiot. you disbelieve everything and call it skeptical wisdom, then act surprised when despots carry off the narrative and act as they please.

Last edited by uziq (2020-08-04 09:31:06)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

Larssen wrote:

You can extend these sorts of activities & regulations to a given journalism focused non profit.
i can? thank you for your permission and a wall of text. your experience working for one "non profit organization" means, imo... well... nothing in the face of on-going infowars between capitalist elites around the world, in which every information manipulation tool, including "non profit organizations", is used for all kinds of purposes.
uziq
+492|3422
it's the russian intelligence services who are helping to create this mistrust of the 'public sphere', dipshit. your paranoiac view of the world and your total refutation of truth and idealism is basically just a neo-machiavellian wet dream promoted by hacks and second-rate talents like Surkov.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard