SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

i still think its funny that jordan peterson only eats raw meat or whatever and claims it cures his depression. that guy looks like total rundown shit.

i'm not sure about 'soup flushes', like any 'detox', however. i don't think that's how biochemistry works.
Jordan Peterson nearly died and was in a coma due to his diet and Russian pseudoscience healthcare. Guy can barely walk now.
n 2016, Peterson had a severe autoimmune reaction to something he ingested and was prescribed clonazepam.[137] In late 2016, he went on a strict diet consisting only of meat and some vegetables, in an attempt to control his severe depression and the effects of an autoimmune disorder including psoriasis and uveitis.[5][70] In mid-2018 he stopped eating vegetables, and continued eating only beef (see carnivore diet).[138]

In April 2019, his prescribed dosage of clonazepam was increased to deal with the anxiety he was experiencing as a result of his wife's cancer diagnosis.[139][140][141] Starting several months he later, he made various attempts to lessen his intake, or stop taking the drug altogether, but experienced "horrific" withdrawal symptoms, including "incredible, endless, irresistible restlessness, bordering on panic", according to his daughter Mikhaila.[142][139]

According to Mikhaila, Peterson and his family were unable to find doctors in North America who were willing to accommodate their treatment desires, so in January 2020, Peterson, Mikhaila and her husband flew to Moscow, Russia for treatment.[143] Doctors there diagnosed Peterson with pneumonia in both lungs upon arrival, and he was put into a medically-induced coma for eight days. Peterson spent four weeks in the intensive care unit, during which time he allegedly exhibited a temporary loss of motor skills and muteness.[citation needed]
Yikes, poor guy.
It was just a flu. Coward should have powered through it and went back to work.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
His daughter is becoming popular now and further popularizing the carnivore diet. Thing is, when you go from a typical western diet then suddenly cut out all the processed food and just eat one kind of whole food, in this case meat, you are of course going to loose weight and feel better... but eventually you have to start nourishing your body with a balanced diet again sans processed junk or else you will invariably become ill.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-09 19:01:12)

uziq
+492|3443
it's been nice having his plangent tones off the news front pages for a while anyway.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England
If nothing else comes out of the crunchy food advice column going on, I highly recommend The Case Against Sugar by Gary Taubes.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
I'm guessing people 'get results' when they do it in bursts.
When the body has chewed itself up and they're short of the micro-nutrients which aren't found in meat they start to get into trouble, reading the national review being an early symptom.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3443
what is this pejorative, 'crunchy'?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684

Jay wrote:

If nothing else comes out of the crunchy food advice column going on, I highly recommend The Case Against Sugar by Gary Taubes.
I highly recommend Sugar Blues by William Dufty

uziq wrote:

what is this pejorative, 'crunchy'?
Granola crunchy. It means you’re a granola eater?

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-09 19:04:56)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England
granola eating hippies are crunchies
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3443
noted.

i like granola though. that seems like a harsh calumny. i replaced stupid cereals with granola and grains/nuts ages ago. sup will probably tell me i made a bad choice, but i cannot fucking stomach preparing porridge every morning.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
We call everyone else normies

Uzi, health is a direction we move towards. Getting off junk box cereal is a movement in the right direction so I only applaud you.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-09 19:06:54)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Jay wrote:

Speaking of diet writers, anyone remember Susan Powter? Looking like a flash-forward Harley Quinn these days.

https://i.imgur.com/hn3cJOs.jpg
uziq
+492|3443
that is Pink and she is here to tell jay that keto is just like a pill, instead of making him better, it is making him ill.
uziq
+492|3443

Superior Mind wrote:

We call everyone else normies

Uzi, health is a direction we move towards. Getting off junk box cereal is a movement in the right direction so I only applaud you.
i'll take that. i had a major sweet tooth in my adolescence but i kicked the sweeties and eat fruit instead. no soft drinks. a small serving of juice a couple times a week.

okay so apparently fruit isn't great for you but it's a damn lot better than chocolate or candy. and i get sugar cravings throughout the day.

same deal with breakfast. yoghurt and some fruit or granola or whatever is better than the shit i ate as a student. etc

i exercise quite a lot, which has got to be at least half the equation here.

cocaine also keeps a lot of weight off.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
Exercise is half the equation- but if you have a shit diet, even if you are yoked, you are damaging your internal organs with your food.

I was also raised a sugar addict. Fruit is good for us, but eaten in season, from around our region and in balance with other foods.
uziq
+492|3443
bruh have you seen english fruits? a pear? plums? you want me to sit and eat a plum and not a delicious satsuma instead?

forget it. bury me in a banana-shaped casket. tropical fruit is where i draw the line.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
Lol. Suit yourself. Personally I love fruit in season- always tastes best. Pears and plums are good I don’t understand. There’s a nice mulberry tree nearby I’ve been eating from lately.

When I visit tropical places I enjoy the local food.

And that’s not to say I don’t go outside these boundaries on occasion as a special treat or holiday/birthday or something.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-09 19:25:10)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

I live in Washington. Stores are drowning in apples. Good thing I like them. Bit of salt on the slices for an occasional extra yum.

From pickyourown.org,

1) PRC
2) US
1. Washington (171 million bushels in 2018)
2. New York (31 million bushels)

Red delicious though, I'm not behind. I see I'm not alone, either.

This Is Why Red Delicious Apples Suck So Hard
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/red-deli … 5abaa061af
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
Red delicious is the saddest apple
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
I'm not really into apples. I love tomatoes though. I rather eat a raw tomato than an apple.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6734|London

My mum has been doing the macrobiotic diet for almost 10 years now, she used to rave about it. Not sure if it's the diet but she is very healthy for her age, her resting heart rate is around 55 or something crazy.

Bizarrely she got into it after reading Dirk Benedict's biography... he's an avid follower of the diet
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Confessions-Ka … 0757002773

Dirk Benedict, a prostate cancer survivor. In 1974, medical doctors recommended surgery, but he claimed to have cured his cancer through a macrobiotic diet recommended by Gloria Swanson, his co-star on Broadway in "Butterflies Are Free," and by exercise and fasting. Over a period of 3 years and under the guidance of Michio Kushi, according to his book Confessions Of A Kamikaze Cowboy, beat the cancer. He continues the diet to this day.
While working on Georgia, Georgia (1972) in Sweden, he made the first contact with a macrobiotic diet and changed his eating habits drastically. He was 26 at that time. A few years later, doctors found that he had cancer of the prostate. He refused to accept the usual treatment and moved away to a secluded cottage. Dirk managed to cure himself from cancer by following the rules of his macrobiotic diet. When he got his part as "Starbuck" in "Battlestar Galactica" (1978), the doctors stated that he was in good health.
I'd sort of forgotten about macrobiotics in general but it's something I should read up on more. Thanks for the posts Sup Mind
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684

Dauntless wrote:

My mum has been doing the macrobiotic diet for almost 10 years now, she used to rave about it. Not sure if it's the diet but she is very healthy for her age, her resting heart rate is around 55 or something crazy.

Bizarrely she got into it after reading Dirk Benedict's biography... he's an avid follower of the diet
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Confessions-Ka … 0757002773

Dirk Benedict, a prostate cancer survivor. In 1974, medical doctors recommended surgery, but he claimed to have cured his cancer through a macrobiotic diet recommended by Gloria Swanson, his co-star on Broadway in "Butterflies Are Free," and by exercise and fasting. Over a period of 3 years and under the guidance of Michio Kushi, according to his book Confessions Of A Kamikaze Cowboy, beat the cancer. He continues the diet to this day.
While working on Georgia, Georgia (1972) in Sweden, he made the first contact with a macrobiotic diet and changed his eating habits drastically. He was 26 at that time. A few years later, doctors found that he had cancer of the prostate. He refused to accept the usual treatment and moved away to a secluded cottage. Dirk managed to cure himself from cancer by following the rules of his macrobiotic diet. When he got his part as "Starbuck" in "Battlestar Galactica" (1978), the doctors stated that he was in good health.
I'd sort of forgotten about macrobiotics in general but it's something I should read up on more. Thanks for the posts Sup Mind
Awesome. So nice to hear you mom is in great health.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I'm not really into apples. I love tomatoes though. I rather eat a raw tomato than an apple.
I can dig that. I buy tomatoes by the box. Freeze some, refrigerate some, leave a few out for consumption over the course of a few days. Not very convenient storage-wise, but certainly cheaper and saves shopping trips. Toasted cheese sandwich with tomato slices and baby spinach tastes amazing. I'd probably be 70 pounds heavier if I gave in every time I wanted to bake them.

I've tried growing them, but only the cherry tomatoes seem reliable in my soil. Super good off-the-vine though.

Zucchinis the size of firelogs.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
My gpa used to grow the best tomatoes hanging upside down in buckets with holes punched in the bottom on his balcony.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6734|London

I dunno what it is but certain fruit and veg in the UK have absolutely no flavour compared to the fruit and veg in Italy and France.

Tomatoes in particular. I don't think I've ever had a good tomato in the UK whereas I've never had a bad one in Italy.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
Tomatoes originated in Mexico I think, they probably like a subtropical climate best. Italy also has some volcanic soil which is very mineral rich and always makes the best plant foods.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-09 20:07:01)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard