Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i've done the same thing.

Should I ban the superjail warden account so he has to change his name?
XD

I can come up with an avatar. Distinctive as well.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
It's okay. I will just leave.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/9cWutx2rZ4pu8/giphy.gif
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

But you only just came back!
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

I'll stand outside his window with a boom box blaring 30 Seconds to Mars. He will come back
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6686|Riva, MD
Just tried those new spicy McDonald's nuggets and I think I still prefer the regular ones.  I'll bet they'd be really good with the Szechuan sauce if that was still around from three years ago.  I'm not really sure why they don't make that permanent unless they just want to bring it back every 20 years for the temporary popularity surge.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2020-09-27 01:30:44)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
so, new year's approaching, time for russian salad.

per 2 persons getting drunk on vodka on new year's night:
3 small to medium sized potatoes
2 eggs
1 small carrot
3 picled cucumbers
1 small can of green peas
150 gramm of meaty stuffs - chicken or boiled sausage would normally be used
optional: parsley, basil, onions, garlic, peppers - can all be added in small quantities is one likes.

for mayonaise:
1 egg
150ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoonful vinegar (9% pain vinegar, no fancy shit)
1/2 teaspoonful sugar
1/4 teaspoonful green mustard
salt to taste (a pinch)

main grub:
boil whole potatoes and carrots, eggs (and chiken, if used) untill cooked. drain and allow to cool.
peel and cut everything into small cubic-shaped pieces, add peas and optional stuffs.

mayo:
use a blender to mix the ingredients.

!!important!! only add mayo right before you serve the stuff.

best consumed with vodka and black bread. beers good too.

happy new year, guys!
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
I'm seeing potato and vodka - Sounds great!

For my new year dinner I had a tray of chips and a veg pastie and three beers.
(I went to the cricketball to see the local team lose and watch the fireworks - everything else being cancelled by the China Bat Flu)

Happy new year.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://az836796.vo.msecnd.net/media/image/product/en/large/0077098109080.jpg

Challenge accepted and achieved
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

I've been making more of an effort to reduce my land animal consumption and I must say Indian food is a real game changer. I reduced my lunches to no meat with the exception of Fridays, where I treat myself to poke or sushi for being a good boy. I stopped eating a full breakfast on the weekends too, so I would say I only consume land animals for about 25% of my meals at this point. I'd like to get it as close to zero as possible, leaving small exceptions here and there when I'm not at home and no other options are available.

I have found that I get hungrier more often during the day as a result.
uziq
+492|3422
why only land animals? over fishing is a massive ecological problem too. also contributes to climate change.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Because I'm taking baby steps
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
God gave man the ability to consume meat. You aren't being clever by not eating God's creatures.
uziq
+492|3422

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Because I'm taking baby steps
great job. by the time you give up your 1990s gen x hipster sushi, sharks will be extinct and algae blooms bigger than androoz’s ski bruises will choke the oceans.

but hey check out this novel peasant cuisine from the other side of the world! throw enough spices at a bunch of roadside shit and it tastes good!

you’re becoming a 60 year old cooking network presenter with a name like martha applebaum.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Haha what?
uziq
+492|3422
pescatarians are basically the Rush fans of food. don’t @ me.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

You should let them know how you feel. I'm certainly not a spokeperson for them nor am I a pescatarian.

YOU don't @ ME!
uziq
+492|3422
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

One person abstaining from fish (or not buying plastic bottles) probably isn't going to solve our ocean problems. Things need to be done on the regulatory level internationally to address global threats to the environment and food chain. In the mean time, green sites are full of sustainable seafood lists, as well as seafood to avoid.

Reducing red meat sounds more like something someone would do for health reasons associated with too much red meat in a diet.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I've been making more of an effort to reduce my land animal consumption and I must say Indian food is a real game changer. I reduced my lunches to no meat with the exception of Fridays, where I treat myself to poke or sushi for being a good boy. I stopped eating a full breakfast on the weekends too, so I would say I only consume land animals for about 25% of my meals at this point. I'd like to get it as close to zero as possible, leaving small exceptions here and there when I'm not at home and no other options are available.

I have found that I get hungrier more often during the day as a result.
So for an actual reply to this, find a kind of apple you like and eat one of those to be less hungry throughout the day. They're very filling. I generally find that the more the name sounds like it belongs to a 1980s fairy or unicorn, the tastier the apple. But it's not a very precise measuring stick.

Some go good sliced with salt.
uziq
+492|3422
it's like $10 or $15 for 4 apples here. that was the first major change to my western diet. i used to eat an apple every day back home.

i've upped my consumption of pork as a result. i now eat half a pork belly every day. i don't care if half of china is filled with abattoir slurry.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Pork is yuk. You are now a pig man.
uziq
+492|3422
never ate pork at home but korean bbq is a fine application of it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

One person abstaining from fish (or not buying plastic bottles) probably isn't going to solve our ocean problems. Things need to be done on the regulatory level internationally to address global threats to the environment and food chain.
If one person stops pissing in the pool that achieves nothing, everyone should piss in the pool until the govt makes it illegal.
Then they should continue pissing in the pool because fuck the govt until they can get a different govt to overturn it.

I don't eat 'land animal' meat at all. Barely any fish. The cat eats more of both than I do.
Its a bonus that its healthy and better for the environment.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

ii've upped my consumption of pork as a result. i now eat half a pork belly every day. i don't care if half of china is filled with abattoir slurry.
Its funny how you talk a good fight but when it comes to it you identify with racist monocultures and selfish environmental destruction.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

One person abstaining from fish (or not buying plastic bottles) probably isn't going to solve our ocean problems. Things need to be done on the regulatory level internationally to address global threats to the environment and food chain.
If one person stops pissing in the pool that achieves nothing, everyone should piss in the pool until the govt makes it illegal.
Then they should continue pissing in the pool because fuck the govt until they can get a different govt to overturn it.

I don't eat 'land animal' meat at all. Barely any fish. The cat eats more of both than I do.
Its a bonus that its healthy and better for the environment.
What the hell is that? The oceans are already at a point where action should be taken. Literally everyone is pissing in your pool. The scales aren't going to be tipped by one person.

Is your seafood sustainable?

uziq wrote:

it's like $10 or $15 for 4 apples here. that was the first major change to my western diet. i used to eat an apple every day back home.
That's definitely something I'd miss. I go through bags of the things normally. It's a great food, and very cheap here.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
God gave us canine teeth and the ability to digest meat for a reason. You are being sanctimonious and weird for not eating land animals.
https://fi.realself.com/545/a9450ad6756e1a58f15c7490a3cf2061/f/7/7/userimage-2711659.jpeg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard