Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Sorry it sounds like that to you. But that is the typical western response. Many cultures sacralize the growing, preparing, and eating of food. Even to deify certain foods, particularly grains. Why do Buddhist/Hindu monks and nuns bother eating in a particular way? It’s to create a strong connection to spirit and a quiet mind for meditation.

And I can’t count on two hands how many psychedelic trips I’ve had, nor have I ever done so called hard drugs except a couple days of Vicodin after I had a wisdom tooth pulled. I’m not fried.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-08 06:12:43)

uziq
+492|3422
they eat in a certain way because they are ascetic, not because they 'deify' grains. what are you talking about? the christian attitude to sensual pleasure and beauty is the polar opposite of what you are promoting, which is enjoyment of food. christians are NOT about enjoyment of the senses and temptations of the flesh. they reduce their diets so that they can focus on HIGHER things.

but okay have fun 'deifying grains' and criticizing 'western attitudes to food'. i am not interested in engaging with you in nonsense.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Have you ever been exposed to zen cooking? You may think it ascetic, but it is extremely enjoyable and pleasing to the senses also. I’m not talking about eating a bowl of rice per day and that’s it.

But whatever, man. To each their own.

I will put this out there in all seriousness: if anyone here has health concerns- serious or minor, feel free to PM me- and your doctor.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-08 06:23:39)

uziq
+492|3422
i was talking about christian nuns. that's a wilful misreading of why they simplify their diets. it is NOT because they are spiritual about the food. it is a distraction from their real mental focus.

i really don't care about zen cooking. and i don't care for all that stupid, touristic, jiro-dreams-of-sushi crap about japanese cooking, either. i am not going to pay more attention and 'channel spiritual energies' into preparing salmon.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I really think we are just skimming the surface here. Jiro dreams of sushi is nothing like what I’m involved in. That’s all hype. When you cook for someone with cancer for example, it takes a huge knowledge base to know what they need.

And the Christian style of asceticism is another story. I don’t think one needs to give up enjoying the pleasures of life to achieve a deep connection to god/spirit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
The crunchy vs the bore. Stay tuned folks. Larssen will add his 3 cents on alchemy and the gastronomic arts any moment.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

RTHKI wrote:

Shit I thought that was Mac posting not supmind
We already established that I cannot cook and instead survive off of a stoner diet.

I am going to make some grilled cheese.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-07-08 06:50:59)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
again, cooking for someone who is ill is about nutrition, health, care, sympathy, yes ... all of these things are very important ... but it doesn't make cooking a bloody art or 'alchemy'. you're taking care of someone! no shit it's emotionally charged!

it's like saying, i have a child with a severe nut allergy, preparing meals is a religious experience! i must be careful and attentive!

all that zen cooking shit, from a western perspective, is ironically just the sort of orientalism you complain about. it's irrelevant. westerners who get into that shit do so without any of the actual buddhist beliefs or theology. it's a lifestyle fad, ultimately. they talk a lot of rot about how 'profound' their cooking experiences are, then go back to their secular lives with scant regard for buddhism afterwards. what's the point? buddhist monks have a culinary culture associated with their temples, yes, but they're not there for the food! it'll be something else in 10 years time, cooking outside in your garden in the manner of the mongolian peoples of the steppe or something. churning your own butter and cheese to 'feel close to our nomadic roots'.

i am not going to listen to some guy tell me that cooking is a high art form that gives him profound experiences when he doesn't read, doesn't go to galleries, has no interest in art, in fact. this tendency of over-hyping food and restaurant culture is just self-serving narcissicism from people who want to dress-up their humdrum, normie activities. 'oh, yeah, i'm a really artistic person, i eat out at michelin-starred restaurants a lot'. please.

Last edited by uziq (2020-07-08 06:54:06)

uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

The crunchy vs the bore. Stay tuned folks. Larssen will add his 3 cents on alchemy and the gastronomic arts any moment.
what's the bison's take on culinary arts? you must have some thought before you're butchered on a large table for your flanks.
uziq
+492|3422
didn't steve jobs have some interesting takes on the sacred power of diet and food when he was dying of cancer? how did that work out, rejecting scientific treatment because food, maaaan. didn't the alternative medicine hasten his demise? let's stop fucking mystifying health and nutrition.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I almost never eat at restaurants. I think all those chef tv shows and the like are utter nonsense. spending $100 or more for a meal is ridiculous, even if it’s pretty. I cook for myself basically everyday. I read and enjoy the arts very much.
Macrobiotics paved the way for the food revolution that is taking place now, albeit slowly. Kale and brown rice bowls, vegansim, etc wouldn’t be trendy if it weren’t for the natural foods movement- which stemmed from revisiting ancient attitudes towards food, partly from East Asia, but also from all around the world.
Illness and health is not just about physical systems and chemistry. When you approach the body from an energetic perspective- like is done in Ayurveda or traditional Chinese medicine, you can address emotional and spiritual well-being at the same time as physical well-being. Western medicine only offers treatment of symptoms but doesn’t address the root cause of sickness, which is usually a combination of poor diet/lifestyle choices, stress and physical or emotional trauma.
It’s important for a medicinal cook to practice spiritual techniques so that the food produced is the most harmonious it can be.

Rejecting western science outright is of course foolish. Steve Jobs had pancreatic cancer, which is very aggressive and usually people don’t recover from it.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-08 07:05:06)

uziq
+492|3422
When you approach the body from an energetic perspective- like is done in Ayurveda or traditional Chinese medicine, you can address emotional and spiritual well-being at the same time as physical well-being.
yeah ... no.

do you take powdered white rhino horn when you've got a cold? do you eat tiger dick before a date?

Western medicine only offers treatment of symptoms but doesn’t address the root cause of sickness, which is usually a combination of poor diet/lifestyle choices, stress and physical or emotional trauma.
that's literally wrong, western medicine does plenty of work to improve diet/nutrition, as well as addressing mental health. stop traducing science-based medicine, you hippie.

Last edited by uziq (2020-07-08 07:07:44)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
The same way we mustn’t disregard all of western medicine, the same is true for other medical systems. That rhino horn stuff is, from my perspective bullshit, but the system of yin & yang and the five transformation of elements is still useful for understanding natural phenomena. Ayurveda doesn’t employ that kind of tiger dick crap.

My friend who is an ER doctor told me they got maybe a couple days of learning nutritional science in med school. And it’s all basically learning about nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Same thing that you learn more in depth as a nutritionist. We have psychiatry and therapies for emotional stuff, along with medications. Doctors today will even recommend a whole foods plant based diet without being able to say much else about it nor do they have usually have personal experience with eating well.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-08 07:14:01)

uziq
+492|3422
i think i'll be fine without aligning my chakras or channeling my qi in the kitchen.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Probably you will be fine. We are all born with different constitutions and for some it’s important to focus on diet early on in life, whereas for some they can punish their bodies and feel and look fine until they reach old age- sometimes becoming sick- sometimes not. It depends how your parents and grandparents ate and lived.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

SuperJail Warden wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

We already established that I cannot cook and instead survive off of a stoner diet.

You change religion every week why not your approach to food
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

RTHKI wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

You change religion every week why not your approach to food
He needs more matzah ball soup in his diet
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Less stoner diet and more kindergarten diet, tbh
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Macs diet, visualized
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

RTHKI wrote:

I keep doing this too. I guess I just read the first 3-5 letters and stop reading

Superior Mind could I interest you in a distinctive avatar of some kind?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Can't Ken change him to .sup
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i've done the same thing.

Should I ban the superjail warden account so he has to change his name?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

Free Macbeth
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i've done the same thing.

Should I ban the superjail warden account so he has to change his name?
It's only fair
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

pirana6 wrote:

Can't Ken change him to .sup
only admins can change names. Tazz comes on from time to time to tinker around.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard