Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Doesn't he know that having views which offend black people, like me, is offensive and he shouldn't do it?

Boyakasha peeps.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
It's classless and trolling to wear that hat in our area. I wouldn't wear a hat with the words "Destroy the Protestants" either.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its his area too.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
And the people in the area have a right to demand he resigns. Don't forget what you are arguing about. He can wear his hat but not as a board member.

Coon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
STFU You cracker fuck.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I am not white. I am Jewish. My people were slaves too.
uziq
+492|3422
i still think it’s funny that dilbert’s most incisive critiques of the world come from Ali G, a tv satire of underclass britain from 1998, and idiocracy. the guy is really turned on.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You wouldn't be ridiculing me if I were white.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

This thread took a turn for the deeper end of the sewers.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

if i had been present at the loss of another human being's life due to a chokehold restraining, if i had even been witness to that, i definitely would not go around pranking and cavorting with my pals, evidently having a great laugh, and putting one another in chokeholds. it's beyond tasteless.

it's almost as if, on a basic psychological level, black lives don't matter to these people. if one of your buddies or family died in a chokehold, wouldn't it have some ominous or sombre association for you? but no, these guys were jerking around with chokeholds whilst elijah was basically still under a sheet, waiting to be buried. not even fazed at all.

and people are surprised about the vehemence of BLM rhetoric
Its a picture of nothing, just people dicking around.
on the contrary, it's a picture of several officers, one of whom was involved in a high-profile slaying-by-chokehold, putting each other in chokeholds and laughing. that's not nothing. these people aren't regular members of the public, cavorting around. they are people entrusted with the ability to preserve (and seemingly more often to take) human lives. in full uniform. re-enacting chokeholds and mugging off for the camera.

it's 'nothing' to you because a black body is involved, it's pretty simple. if it was one of your relatives, you'd be a lot more sensitive about their 'dicking around'; you'd probably be wondering why they're even free to walk around, let alone why they're even still in the job. it doesn't touch you because you quite literally do not care about black people.

come to think of it, haven't you kept a deep and lasting grudge against parts of the UK police, for decades/generations in your family, for much less than death-by-cop?

i would lose my job for a lot less and my role doesn't involve brutalizing or murdering people.

Last edited by uziq (2020-07-05 01:13:12)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Let's just finish this page in the sewer and try to do better in the next one.

"People protesting in the middle of the night on a freeway get hit by car"
https://www.reddit.com/r/ActualPublicFr … ight_on_a/
The two victims were white women. One died and the other is critical. The driver is black. The cruel irony of going to a BLM protest only to get taken out by a black breaking the law.

It hurts my heart really. It's some sad stuff that some members of the black community are still fucking things up for their white allies. They aren't doing a good job earning this.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/12aee9e061a84549779455ce69a26a46/tenor.gif?itemid=16072054
uziq
+492|3422
that guy just straight-up murdered two people.

Dawit Kelete drove the car around vehicles that were blocking I-5 and sped into the crowd about 1:40 a.m., a police report said.

He was booked into the King County Correctional Facility on two counts of vehicular assault, according to the AP, and denied bail.

Mead said authorities are not sure if the incident was a targeted attack, but said impairment wasn't being considered a factor.

He also said that protesters had shut down the interstate for 19 days in a row and that it was not a safe place for pedestrians.

Last edited by uziq (2020-07-05 01:48:10)

Larssen
+99|1857

HollisHurlbut wrote:

Larssen wrote:

Why on earth would someone come to a school board meeting wearing a MAGA hat?
Because he likes Trump?  Because it covered his bald spot?  Because he lined the inside with tin foil to keep out the New World Order brain waves?  Because it would piss you off?  There are countless reasons why he would do so, and none of them warrant removal from the Board.

Or, Hollis, is it perhaps an attempt by that person to derail whatever the purpose of that board meeting is? Doesn't sound to me like the sort of individual I'd like to have in a school board.
Lucky for all of us, your opinion on who is fit to serve on public boards based on their political affinity is not important.
The only person making it an issue about political affinity is the guy who chose to wear a MAGA hat to a school board meeting in a predominantly minority anti-trump town. It's the height of naivety to say that it's just him covering his bald spot. He's front and center for all to see and wants to politicise his position. It's especially obvious if we consider that apparently, as macbeth has stated, he previously took a fundamental stand against the minority community in his town by opposing and outright blocking their right to practice their religion. There's no benign intent here, he didn't choose to wear a MAGA hat because he likes the colour red. Yes, it's obvious 'he likes Trump' - that's the point. Moreover, as evidenced by his previous behaviour, he dislikes his minority fellow citizens.

Having said so, in any other country it would be frowned upon to wear political attire and symbolism to a school board meeting of all things. It's out of place and lacking in tact. 'But maybe he really cares about kids' education!' - well for all outlined reasons above it's abundantly clear he cares more about his politics.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-07-05 01:30:40)

uziq
+492|3422
agreed. there is no reason to make a school board meeting about party-partisan declarations. it's about a fucking school district.

there is also nothing suspicious or sinister in wanting to see a school population mirrorred in its board. to whose benefit is it to have an all-white board managing a mixed school? we're not talking about using quotas here to put people in highly competitive jobs. we're talking about local community-level governance. what even is the interest for the white board governors in this matter? they're evidently not sending their own kids to this school, and are probably living/parachuting them into another district.

over here we have 'parent-teacher associations' which are precisely about vertical integration of families/parents in their school's governance. it is so senseless to have some administration imposed on a local school from out-of-town. isn't the whole point to be in touch and in tune with the school's broader community?

Last edited by uziq (2020-07-05 01:37:08)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

On the contrary, it's a picture of several officers, one of whom was involved in a high-profile slaying-by-chokehold, putting each other in chokeholds and laughing. that's not nothing. these people aren't regular members of the public, cavorting around. they are people entrusted with the ability to preserve (and seemingly more often to take) human lives. in full uniform. re-enacting chokeholds and mugging off for the camera.
I think people are reading too much into things these days.

come to think of it, haven't you kept a deep and lasting grudge against parts of the UK police, for decades/generations in your family, for much less than death-by-cop?
Well they did try to jail two family members and bankrupt the rest, if they had been just a bit better prepared I'm sure they would have killed us all. Thank fuck the police can't plan anything.
In return we got them fired from the DPP down.

i would lose my job for a lot less and my role doesn't involve brutalizing or murdering people.
How would a social media pic of you hugging a colleague get you fired?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-07-05 03:22:25)

uziq
+492|3422
what they are doing can pretty clearly be seen as a disrespectful allusion to a chokehold, one of them having killed someone using a chokehold 2 months prior. it's extremely careless and insensitive at best; and, at worst, well, you know the rest. their own boss fired them for it and, police being police, you can guess there wasn't quite a much latitude for 'interpretation' as you'd like. it's not like police regularly fire their own for innocuous photos. the pose, coupled with the laughing response, indicates pretty clearly that there's something going on here.

my analogy was that if i did something disrespectful or unprofessional in my conduct with an author, i would be fired. it's not hard to wrap your head around, dilbert. jobs come with responsibilities and codes of behaviour. decorum. respect. professionalism. these people are clowning around in uniform when they've got bodies on them in recent memory. not a good look.
HollisHurlbut
+51|5967

uziq wrote:

one of them having killed someone using a chokehold 2 months prior.
None of them were involved in the McClain stop.  First you make up the part where McClain is lying on the ground while they are doing this, then you lie about who's involved.  Why?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
yea uzi they only sent the pic to an officer involved in it.

maybe itll make police in colorado think before they do things. of course jay would hate police that think
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
HollisHurlbut
+51|5967

RTHKI wrote:

They sent it to several people.
uziq
+492|3422
i said that they were being mocking whilst McClain was still 'basically under a sheet waiting to be buried', i.e. 2 months later. i then asked you when exactly does it become okay to no longer express contrition or regret over having killed someone. could they joke and prat around a year after? is that enough time to do away with sorrow?

they were next to a memorial for his slaying.

smiled and mockingly placed each other in a chokehold in the photos taken in October near a memorial for McClain.
sorry, i confused the identities of the officers. they were sending the photos to the one who had killed him in a choke hold. i guess it was just an innocuous photo?

One of those fired is Jason Rosenblatt, a white Aurora officer who helped stop McClain in August for wearing a ski mask and “being suspicious.”
so three officers send photos, taken next to a memorial, to the guy who caused/was present at the death ... and you are going to sit there and tell me that the photo is totally innocuous? 
uziq
+492|3422

HollisHurlbut wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

They sent it to several people.
yes, they sent it to THE GUY WHO KILLED elijah and another officer who was present. one got fired and one didn't, because he (tactfully) didn't respond to it. they circulated a joke photo to the multiple officers who were responsible for the killing! jesus christ!

Last edited by uziq (2020-07-05 07:53:35)

HollisHurlbut
+51|5967
And still you've got nothing but accusations.  No evidence.  Not one piece.
uziq
+492|3422
your friends lost their jobs so i don't exactly see why i need to put on my prosecutorial armice and take it any further. you're the one with the contrary reading of the situation. bad officers made bad decision and they lost their jobs. bye-bye.
HollisHurlbut
+51|5967
One can only wonder if you'd be so cavalier about the acceptability of firing people based on mere accusations if it were you being accused of some offense, especially when there is an utterly benign explanation possible and no evidence to support the offensive one.
uziq
+492|3422
fortunately for me i'm not the one skating on thin ice, taking photos next to memorials, simulating the action that caused the death under commemoration, and sending suggestive photos to the perpetrators of said action.

phew! that's quite a stack of circumstantials there, isn't it!

too bad, pig man.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard