SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
An interesting take from National Review regarding the Navy captain and now secretary of the Navy getting fired because the captain wanted to evacuate his sick crew.
There’s no doubt Crozier’s preoccupation with the health of his sailors could have strategic consequences. For one, the Roosevelt was America’s only aircraft carrier deployed to East Asia. He took the risk that his actions might embolden an increasingly belligerent China and Russia by broadcasting that America’s most important military unit is operating with reduced effectiveness. Our troops are in harm’s way all over the world, and the Navy is already stretched too thin supporting those global operations. Crozier knew that his unilateral decision would force the Navy to divert units from elsewhere — possibly even to break quarantine — to fill the void in the Eastern Pacific. Finally, Crozier made the Navy’s chain of command look ineffectual and raised questions about whether America’s top military officers have confidence in their chain of command.
China could have been emboldened to start World War 3 or something if one American aircraft carrier wasn't nearby to get hit with an anti-ship missile. The Chinese would have had no idea the ship was filled with sick sailors if it wasn't for this captain.
The U.S. Navy is the world’s most important geopolitical institution because it serves as the guarantor of global security. The global order that the Navy maintains ensures that maritime trade flows unmolested. It keeps Russian submarines off our eastern seaboard, China from seizing more of its neighbors’ islands, Iran and Saudi Arabia from all-out war, and oil flowing through the straits of Malacca and Hormuz.
The peace of the world is mostly maintained by a bunch of homosexuals living on boats together.

This issue has turned into a pro-Trump/anti-Trump thing and that disappointments me. I would have preferred the Navy continue to endanger the health and well-being of the gay Republican voters of the Navy and their dependents.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So a sailor on that boat died of COVID. That's the third casualty related to ship if you count the two careers as being murdered.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The peace of the world is mostly maintained by a bunch of homosexuals living on boats together.
I've seen this sentiment from you 2 or 3 times now in the handful of posts I've read. I don't think the sailing community is any more gay than any other group of men who live within a foot of each other for months on end and call each other seaman. My cousin's on a submarine somewhere in the Atlantic as we speak, and I can say he's and his seamen pals are no more gay than me and my friends when we slap each other's asses. His on-duty name is seaman Love though, so I can see the confusion that might cause.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The only institution with more closeted homosexuals than the military is the priesthood. If you dream your whole life of going to live with men and doing rough and tough army stuff, you are clearly a closet case.
uziq
+492|3422
i think the prison as an institution has them both beat. which signals your fallacy: homosexuality in these populations is borne of necessity and redirected/frustrated sexual energies in the circumstances. i imagine the number of men actively seeking out the church so that they can be gay is a trivial minority. after all, it's much easier to just, er, be gay in open society.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-13 07:29:26)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
You're talking to a guy who lifts weights in a sweaty gym with other men so we all have big muscles that women don't even really appreciate. Only the bros know how much work those bicep peaks took. Only the bros know when the light is just right and you hit that banging back double bi just how magic the moment is. Only the bros can shout encouragement at just the right moment on a lift in their huskiest voice.

Feel like so many people get stuck thinking sexuality is a binary thing. The seamen (and lifters) might be more gay than straight arrow Mac building Gundam Wings in his spare time while thinking about which teenager under his tutelage he'd most like to bang, but they (and we) aren't out there cracking out the KY Jelly as soon as shift ends.

Last edited by Pochsy (2020-04-13 07:33:26)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
uziq
+492|3422
mac is a wannabe papist, like a lot of soft-right-wing people on the internet thesedays he has one of those conflicted attractions to all the pomp and circumstance of catholicism. he's got a soft spot for incense and swinging censers.

like all catholic kooks he is obsessed with homosexuality.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Pochsy wrote:

You're talking to a guy who lifts weights in a sweaty gym with other men so we all have big muscles that women don't even really appreciate. Only the bros know how much work those bicep peaks took. Only the bros know when the light is just right and you hit that banging back double bi just how magic the moment is. Only the bros can shout encouragement at just the right moment on a lift in their huskiest voice.

Feel like so many people get stuck thinking sexuality is a binary thing. The seamen (and lifters) might be more gay than straight arrow Mac building Gundam Wings in his spare time while thinking about which teenager under his tutelage he'd most like to bang, but they (and we) aren't out there cracking out the KY Jelly as soon as shift ends.
They are called Gundams. Gundam Wing was just one of the many shows in the anthology series Gundam universe.

I don't think of my students that way.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
Something in there about being told to defer enjoyment for the afterlife and the deep uncertainty whether the gambit will pay off. Must remind self that they are sinners not in control of their desires. They're gay because they can repress themselves. My reservedness is my high ground.

Or some similar mantra. Maybe even a longing for such a simple formulation. The good old days when most everyone was just as conflicted.
uziq
+492|3422
most catholics have preferred to avoid very uncomfortable questions about institutional child sex abuse and systemic cover-ups by contending that gay people 'purposefully' target the innocent, naive church, where they can hide in plain sight and commit their infernal crimes. the only gays in the church were born gay and constitute a big erect meaty fifth column in their ranks, you see.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Liberals don't like being it being pointed out that almost all child abuse in the Church is committed by gay men against boys. Why are gay men such predators?

Most gay men are probably child abusers. The ones who haven't abused boys just haven't had the opportunity.

https://youtu.be/9WGW0R-dw8U
uziq
+492|3422
saying that a pedophile priest is 'gay' is a pointless tautology.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Most gay men are probably child abusers. The ones who haven't abused boys just haven't had the opportunity.
Mac, quick Q: does this in anyway present a similarity to your own plotting interest in teenage girls? Perhaps the sub-population risk identifier is more difficult to place, but I'm thinking we got one here.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I don't understand you. I am not interested in teen girls.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Were the posts about students when you took up teaching not sincere?
uziq
+492|3422

Pochsy wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

he's more interested in slipping into supply cupboards with the mentally 'slow'.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Pochsy wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I honestly don't recall what you are talking about.

I did have a female student sexually harass me though.
uziq
+492|3422
https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v42/n12 … e.co.uk%2F

very good piece catching up on julian assange, wikileaks, etc.
uziq
+492|3422

american military grunts on 4 july creating a huge ruckus in south korea.

SKers are already very tense and xenophobic about foreigners. so many bad stereotypes about the american military personnel.

why would you act this way when you're in another country? breaking all their lockdown rules, endangering life, etc.

total heroes, by the way, those doing service in south korea.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'd be pretty self-conscious about my behavior in another country considering I'd be representing the United States.
uziq
+492|3422
maybe in 10 years time they'll all be on internet forums talking about lawbreaking antifas, their brave and heroic service, how cowards owe them respect, etc.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Vaguely on-topic, I've been listening to the podcast Blindspot: The Road to 9/11 about the formation of Islamic terrorism from ex-Mujaheddin fighters and how the '93 bombing happened on the way to 2001. It's still coming out, but I find it very compelling for something I am fairly ignorant about.
uziq
+492|3422
islamic terrorism pre-dated the mujaheddin but, yeah. very interesting timeline especially considering how that strand/region was so implicated in the cold war.

the iranian revolution and the shah virtually promoting suicide bombing and the glory of dying for islam was what really changed the entire ideology of radical islam. before that moment it was still considered a straight-up anti-muslim thing to kill yourself.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Sure, the gist of it is how post Soviet Union, several of these clerics essentially declared war on the US without us knowing, because the US thought "we were helping them. what possible grievance could they have against us?". I think the first episode discusses the transition of jihad from being a spiritual concept to being "no, we're fighting with guns and explosives for Islam" among certain people within the religion.
uziq
+492|3422
yes, sure, but as i said, islamic extremism pre-dated the soviet union/cold war, afghanistan, the mujaheddin, etc. the iranian revolution came before that; and the real groundwork for islamic terrorism was done by the muslim brotherhood in egypt, with people like qutb and al-banna. jihad as explicitly armed struggle has been invoked at several periods in the history of islam, and within the modern history of islam specifically it pre-dates afghanistan.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard