SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Trump's fourth of July speech at Mount Rushmore was something.
In a jaw-dropping speech that amounted to a culture war bonfire, President Donald Trump used the backdrop of Mount Rushmore Friday night to frame protesters as a nefarious left-wing mob that intends to "end America." Those opponents, he argued, are engaged in a "merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children."
It's interesting how he never even tried to be the president of all Americans and unify the country. I'm sure its the media's fault for making him that way and not a deep personal flaw.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I'd say half the country made is as clear as crystal that they had no intention to be unified by or governed by him. So what would he have gained?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
cart, horse, etc.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I think the country is capable of being unified. After 9/11, Bush had a 90% approval rating. Had Trump not been who is he and acted the way he has for the last half a decade, the pandemic would have been a major uniter among Americans. I will point out that the U.S. is almost alone in the fact that there was no "rally around the flag" moment. Brazil might be the only other place in the world where executive leadership didn't get a boost for handling the crisis. That's all on Trump. The fish rots from the head down.
Larssen
+99|1858
In the immediate aftermath of 9/11 he had a 90% approval rating, but Afghanistan, Iraq and the 2008 financial crisis seem to have caused severe damage to American society and democracy. It's going to take some time for historians to unwind the first two decades of the 20th century, though I wouldn't consider Trump as the sole person pulling this cart of division. Rather his election seemed a product of issues that had been festering in society for some time. I can't for the life of me believe he would be considered a serious candidate at any other point in time than 2016, let alone win.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

In a jaw-dropping speech that amounted to a culture war bonfire, President Donald Trump used the backdrop of Mount Rushmore Friday night to frame protesters as a nefarious left-wing mob that intends to "end America." Those opponents, he argued, are engaged in a "merciless campaign to wipe out our history, defame our heroes, erase our values, and indoctrinate our children."
It's interesting how he never even tried to be the president of all Americans and unify the country. I'm sure its the media's fault for making him that way and not a deep personal flaw.
Classic playbook stuff. That particular kind of rabble rousing is nothing new. This was also the angle I remember conservative pundits presenting over the radio in the 90s.

Pretty cheesy here, though. Maybe next time he can give a speech from atop the Statue of Liberty.

I think it's safe to say at this point that, barring unforeseen changes, Trump's reelection is in peril. But voters probably shouldn't sit on their thumbs thinking that Biden has it in the bag. Who knows how underhanded things will get. Besides, it would be pretty embarrassing to have yet another close election after four years of this.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Classic playbook stuff. That particular kind of rabble rousing is nothing new. This was also the angle I remember conservative pundits presenting over the radio in the 90s.

Pretty cheesy here, though. Maybe next time he can give a speech from atop the Statue of Liberty.

I think it's safe to say at this point that, barring unforeseen changes, Trump's reelection is in peril. But voters probably shouldn't sit on their thumbs thinking that Biden has it in the bag. Who knows how underhanded things will get. Besides, it would be pretty embarrassing to have yet another close election after four years of this.
I think the polls are going to narrow as we get closer to the election. I think Biden has a better chance of beating Trump than Clinton. Conservatives are also in a bit of bubble if they think he is all dementia. He looked alive and sharp in his debates with Bernie. If he shows up to one debate sharp and does well, I can see a lot of questions about his fitness evaporating.

I also think the right wing shouldn't underestimate how many people are going to blame Trump for the deaths of their loved ones in the next 5 months. Can you think of any time in our history where so many people would blame the president for getting their loved ones killed?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Arguing over who's the best Ninja Turtle feels less silly than the mighty United States having to decide between these two dopes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think the polls are going to narrow as we get closer to the election. I think Biden has a better chance of beating Trump than Clinton. Conservatives are also in a bit of bubble if they think he is all dementia. He looked alive and sharp in his debates with Bernie. If he shows up to one debate sharp and does well, I can see a lot of questions about his fitness evaporating.

I also think the right wing shouldn't underestimate how many people are going to blame Trump for the deaths of their loved ones in the next 5 months. Can you think of any time in our history where so many people would blame the president for getting their loved ones killed?
I think a lot more are angry about their lost jobs and Democrats are an easy target on that score. Also, Cuomo killed a few thousand himself with his executive orders and gets trashed in every comments section now. There's enough blame and anger to go around.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Arguing over who's the best Ninja Turtle feels less silly than the mighty United States having to decide between these two dopes.
So many people in this country and we've had to choose between Trump, Clinton and Biden. I wish COVID just targeted the political class and wiped them all out.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
People pretty famously do not blame the opposition party for a bad economy. I don't expect people are going to blame unemployed Joe Biden for losing their jobs. Cuomo might get trashed in your conservative magazine comment sections but we have already established that those people are divorced from reality. Cuomo is at 80% approval rating last time it was checked in late June. And again, people are not going to blame local leaders like Murphy and Cuomo when they were working every day to manage the crisis while the president famously does nothing. What did Trump do to increase the medical capacity of nursing homes and hospitals?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Sent in the army corps of engineers to design and pay for all the temporary hospitals?
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Jay wrote:

Sent in the army corps of engineers to design and pay for all the temporary hospitals?
And then what?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

And then what?
Actually fuck that question. What is Trump doing right now?
Larssen
+99|1858
I have a hard time comprehending anyone who will vote trump this year.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Honestly, I prefer when my government is hopelessly ineffective and deadlocked.
You've had 200 years of that, look where its got you.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I just watched Macy's NYC firework show on T.V. With everything going on in the country, the whole thing was dour. I don't think the fireworks were even excited to be there.
uziq
+492|3422
if kanye west runs for president, does that mean the 0.5% of MAGA-supporting african-americans will split from trump's vote into an independent?

OMG big moves.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
He won't be able to get on the ballot anywhere. It's a PR stunt. Best he can hope for is some write in votes but to tell you the truth, I have no idea how to even go about that at a polling station.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

Larssen wrote:

I have a hard time comprehending anyone who will vote trump this year.
here are some or the posts from this thread:

Jay wrote:

I'd vote for Trump just to see Obamacare go away

War Man wrote:

Ty wrote:

The uncomfortable reality is that War Man represents a significant proportion of the voting public who are basing their support for Trump on nothing but the fact they find him amusing. Notice he shored up support for himself during the debate by talking about his penis.

Never mind the fact he has no policies, he's declared corporate bankruptcy four times, and would drive American's reputation into the sewer - the man knows how to jiggle those keys.
No, the fact that he is amusing is just a bonus. Real reason is I am disgusted by the establishment grouping together and gaining on him, trying to determine their candidate for the party instead of the voters. I cannot just stand by and let that happen, my voting for Trump is a simple message to the establishment Republicans to fucking knock it off. I am pissed even at Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney, whom I used to have respect for both, for joining in at the gaining on the Republicans. I am not seeing as much of this bullshit in the Democratic side as I am with the Republicans and that needs to fucking change.

War Man wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

The left are incompetent according to him, but also manage to pull off complex false flag operations and intricate, thousands of people conspiracies.
Usually incompetent, exceptions apply.

coke wrote:

Well done War Man you are a useful idiot.
See, the insults and name-calling do wonders, makes me continue to be happy to continue supporting Trump and to vote for him again just to give people like you the finger.
look relevant?

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
uziq
+492|3422
omg please don't tell me you just returned to link us a jonathan pie video. that stuff is puerile and moronic. i'm embarrassed to even look at his stupid face. you're as bad as dilbert using ali g and idiocracy as 'political commentary'. these people are COMEDY WRITERS.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
don't fret, i didn't return to tell you anything, sweetie. you are so far gone, i just won't bother, sorry.

what i'm doing is reading this thread - elections draw near, so i thought i'd amuse myself, you know. then Larssen asked a question and i posted some of the posts i stumbled upon.
Larssen
+99|1858
Well, I know his voting base is loony and excruciatingly stupid, but it's such a depth of stupid I just can't wrap my head around it.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
that's a major part of the whole trump schtick imo. people who want to win against him better bloody start "wrapping their heads around it".
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

if kanye west runs for president, does that mean the 0.5% of MAGA-supporting african-americans will split from trump's vote into an independent?

OMG big moves.
More likely it will take away most of Biden's black votes and Trump will win.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard