SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

DesertFox- wrote:

I'm not concerned about that. I just don't know what makes it worth it. I try to minimize patronizing Amazon as much as possible anyway, but I never need anything in a hurry. It's well enough to fire and forget an order for a fortnight.
I order almost all of my basic necessities off Amazon. With the exception of food of course and that is only because I live near a super market and Quick Check.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-06-23 20:45:11)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
I use prime video instead of Netflix and it gives me backups for all my pictures

Last edited by RTHKI (2020-06-24 03:34:20)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Netflix programming is all together better than Prime video but if you are on a budget Prime video is a fine enough substitute.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Prime has all the b movies in the world. I don't watch any prime tv shows.
Plus I have the Simpsons s1-15 on my drive.

Actually I tried watching Transparent. Hated it.

Last edited by RTHKI (2020-06-24 07:30:44)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
You can have multiple accounts and share prime across them.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Attempting to do a meeting online where one guy shares his screen with 25 other people to teach them new remote learning software in case school doesn't reopen in the Fall. I learned one important thing so far: we need to euthanize the old. It has been 20 minutes and the guy is trying to teach people how to alt tab between windows because the old people are confused.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

Amazon is great (for consumers), I had a problem with something I bought on the Amazon market place back in April, the seller kept giving me the run around and telling me I couldn't return and if I did return I would have to pay for the shipping (to China)... Nope. I sent a few emails back and forth and we were getting nowhere. Yesterday, after a 2 minute live chat with Amazon customer service they immediately refunded me. I haven't even returned it yet.

Now the seller just emailed me complaining his reputation will be affected because of the claim, well too bad buddy.

I wouldn't want to work in their factories but the office workers seem to get treated well.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

That's one thing amazon is good at.

Would be nice though if they put the seller in a more conspicuous spot and were more up front with brands. Click on one of those under a product name and it might take you to the legitimate brand page or to search results with a bunch of unrelated items. No bueno. Also if I could pay extra for improved packaging on books, I might actually order books from amazon (as the seller) again.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
During the lockdown I've put on a tiny bit of weight, exercise seems to be taking it off although the cross-trainer seems to have blown something so resistance is zero.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
just do home calisthenics and take a jog. the cross-trainer is ideal. you don't need a gym.

i'm in better shape than i've been for a while because of lockdown. keeping in shape has been something good to focus on. plus, breaking up the long and interminable workdays/bf2s posting sessions, which all blur into one in this 'new normal', with some reps works well.

eating well, not going out, cutting out alcohol and drugs intake, plenty of early nights and long sleep-ins, etc.

makes sense to be in as best shape you can with a well-stocked immune system whilst death is a'roving.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-30 03:36:45)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I've gained a little bit of weight just due to lack of outside activity, but its slowly melting away. Not going out/cooking much more is a god-send
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I got off the low carb diet when quarantine hit and gained back about 20 lbs. Will be back on on Thursday when I get home from vacation!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Things like exercise, calisthenics, and MET tables are for pussy liberals afraid of a little fat.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Things like exercise, calisthenics, and MET tables are for pussy liberals afraid of a little fat.
Keto + intermittent fasting
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

If you want some more assurance that you might be around to see your grandchildren attend kindergarten, maybe add 10 minutes of jump rope.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If you want some more assurance that you might be around to see your grandchildren attend kindergarten, maybe add 10 minutes of jump rope.
My cardio is fine. I walk roughly six miles per day. I've never had high blood pressure etc.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Not exactly the most vigorous activity but ok.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Do you go outside and walk 6 miles or do you have some wristband thing that tells you you walked 6 miles around the COVID office?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Do you go outside and walk 6 miles or do you have some wristband thing that tells you you walked 6 miles around the COVID office?
Samsung watch step counter.

I honestly used to get more exercise pre-covid. I was taking the train in and biking 1.5 miles each way from the station. Now I drive in. Shrug. I'm more built for strength than cardio anyway.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

"Built for strength." Did your mother call you big-boned when you were growing up?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"Built for strength." Did your mother call you big-boned when you were growing up?
I got called Big Country when I was in basic training because I'm built like a Midwestern farmer.

I'm just one of those people that gets big quickly when I lift weights.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

But does a plate of ribs and potato salad truly count as weightlifting?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Depends on the size of the plate and how densely it's packed
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

His mother was a character creation screen.
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

My cardio is fine. I walk roughly six miles per day. I've never had high blood pressure etc.
yeah your cardio is not fine.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard