Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

traditional tailoring says there should be a one-inch break at the bottom of trousers. it's pretty much a decently fitting suit.
Says who? Socks and ankles shouldn't be visible, barefoot your trousers should touch the ground behind the heel.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The coronavirus is spreading too rapidly and too broadly for the U.S. to bring it under control, Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Monday.

The U.S. has set records for daily new infections in recent days as outbreaks surge mostly across the South and West. The recent spike in new cases has outpaced daily infections in April when the virus rocked Washington state and the northeast, and when public officials thought the outbreak was hitting its peak in the U.S.
"This is really the beginning," Schuchat said of the U.S.'s recent surge in new cases. "I think there was a lot of wishful thinking around the country that, hey it's summer. Everything's going to be fine. We're over this and we are not even beginning to be over this. There are a lot of worrisome factors about the last week or so."
Less than ideal news.
So lets say ~20,000,000 Americans have actually been infected, only 900,000 deaths to go.
uziq
+492|3423

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

traditional tailoring says there should be a one-inch break at the bottom of trousers. it's pretty much a decently fitting suit.
Says who? Socks and ankles shouldn't be visible, barefoot your trousers should touch the ground behind the heel.
a ‘break’ is a fold of trouser, dilbert, precisely covering your sock and top of shoe.

also who cares who really says any of these things? it’s a question of style not fucking universal axioms.
uziq
+492|3423

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The coronavirus is spreading too rapidly and too broadly for the U.S. to bring it under control, Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Monday.

The U.S. has set records for daily new infections in recent days as outbreaks surge mostly across the South and West. The recent spike in new cases has outpaced daily infections in April when the virus rocked Washington state and the northeast, and when public officials thought the outbreak was hitting its peak in the U.S.
"This is really the beginning," Schuchat said of the U.S.'s recent surge in new cases. "I think there was a lot of wishful thinking around the country that, hey it's summer. Everything's going to be fine. We're over this and we are not even beginning to be over this. There are a lot of worrisome factors about the last week or so."
Less than ideal news.
So lets say ~20,000,000 Americans have actually been infected, only 900,000 deaths to go.
yep now we get to test jay’s little fantasy hypothesis.

if a million americans die in a year, he’s still going to say it’s ‘statistically not much worse than annual flu season’. you just know it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Less than ideal news.
yep now we get to test jay’s little fantasy hypothesis.

if a million americans die in a year, he’s still going to say it’s ‘statistically not much worse than annual flu season’. you just know it.
Jay will eventually come to accept the virus's damage. He will just forever blame the lazy, hedonist, the evil (???), and minorities.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
When Jay's kid trips on his poorly constructed deck and can't get into A+E for a week he'll understand why you don't want hospitals over capacity.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Again, I will point out that this pandemic was the worst thing to ever happen to the universal healthcare movement in this country. People like Jay won't blame the lack of hospital capacity on lack of government investment. They will instead blame people they feel undeserving for using services they feel entitled to.
uziq
+492|3423
jay has already handily blamed the under-staffed and under-resourced hospitals at the start of the outbreak on democrats in democrat states who ‘looted the system
for their pensions’.

now it’s fire storming in republican states he’s saying a lot less about republicans’ financial mismanagement. maybe florida is a world centre for the pandemic because the republicans run such a good state budget and forego pensions?

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-30 01:08:25)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

uziq wrote:

jay has already handily blamed the under-staffed and under-resourced hospitals at the start of the outbreak on democrats in democrat states who ‘looted the system
for their pensions’.

now it’s fire storming in republican states he’s saying a lot less about republicans’ financial mismanagement. maybe florida is a world centre for the pandemic because the republicans run such a good state budget and forego pensions?
From what I've seen, most of the people getting infected are the 20 somethings that went from protesting in the streets to partying in bars. They'll most likely survive.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3423
florida, persons over 65: 20.9%
new york, persons over 65: 16.9%

somehow i doubt there's a great overlap between spring breakers and BLM protestors, but nevermind.
uziq
+492|3423
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbukhWJUcAA0PwC?format=jpg&name=medium

how do you think the death numbers are going to look for florida by the end of july?

no big deal because it was mostly young people in the 'new cases' stats, right?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

20-somethings can only infect people +/- 10 years from their age. Do you even science?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
NYT: As Officials Fight Vaccine Skepticism, Fauci Warns U.S. Could Hit 100,000 Daily Cases. I doubt it but who knows? We did double our case amount in 2 weeks because people stopped taking it seriously. It all comes down to how the "you can't tell me nothing" states react.
uziq
+492|3423
if you exit lockdown, the virus will more or less spread exponentially in states that aren’t using masks or social distancing rules.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-30 12:17:48)

uziq
+492|3423
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 … id-19-drug

there is genius in the US’s strategy, really.

completely disregard all lockdown measures and let the rest of the world make sacrifices, sink their economies, tighten their collective belts.

as soon as any treatment becomes available, buy up the entire world’s stock for the afflicted american population.

well, at least america’s allies know where they stand. and america points fingers at china when they don’t cooperate!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
The US has bought up virtually all the stocks for the next three months of one of the two drugs proven to work against Covid-19, leaving none for the UK, Europe or most of the rest of the world.

Experts and campaigners are alarmed both by the US unilateral action on remdesivir and the wider implications, for instance in the event of a vaccine becoming available. The Trump administration has already shown that it is prepared to outbid and outmanoeuvre all other countries to secure the medical supplies it needs for the US.
Sorry Europe but this is exactly what the U.S. should have been doing on all fronts from the start.
uziq
+492|3423
well, at least you know what will happen if china or the germany or the UK develops their own vaccine first. especially considering you're leaving the WHO
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The hole in the plan is China probably already has a treatment and a vaccine.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5514|Toronto
Hasn't India already found a generic version of this drug and started manufacturing it for like $6 a treatment course? They're mere days away from cashing in and selling it to the whole world. In effect Donald Pump's pro-level strats have signaled to domestic supports that he'll stop at nothing to advance American interests (and I do mean nothing), and to international peers that...well, he'll stop at nothing to advance American interests. That was a hell of a message to send for a literally 1 week advantage. Good maneuvering, a-hole.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
uziq
+492|3423
even before covid it was obvious that trump's approach to diplomacy and international relations was doing real and lasting long-term harm to america's standing.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5514|Toronto
It's all so much more visceral when the easier thing to do is let other companies use the patent to manufacture it domestically in place of telling the world that the hard option is preferable, and that option will see non-Americans die for no real reason. I understand that profits for Gilead are the driver here, but they can make their money in America and still sell the patent rights internationally. It's a middle finger without a meaningful protest.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
wooo omitting ohio
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3423
meanwhile trump told fox today that he thinks covid is just 'going to disappear one day soon'. you're at record all-time highs for new cases.

it's beyond farce watching such a poorly equipped president.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

Trump is not telling fox news this. He is telling his fanbois to keep pushing back against the narrative put forth by the scientific community (and anyone with an IQ above 60). Wearing a mask is for the stupid coastal elites in the big cities who always try to tell Jack Yokel in Pennsyltucky what's in his own best interest. These are the same coastal elites who are burning down buildings and advocating violent revolution. Basically if you wear a mask, you're ANTIFATM

Ur-fascism is the award-winning ice cream flavor of America. The liberals are both weak soyboy pussies and a dangerous threat to your existence!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard