unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

One of the youtube comments said the family was just walking home. Maybe not the best of directions to route through, but they probably didn't expect police to attack their child.

I was going to post one of the videos I remember of a cop pulling over an ambulance with a patient and harassing the drivers, but honestly you can google and take your pick from any number of separate incidents.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I find it utterly bizarre that people are deflecting from (alleged) police behavior to condemn the family. Where did they live in relation to where the protests were? I don't know. It's not as if they can just fast travel to their apartment. Should law-abiding citizens have to sneak past police now, or parkour from apartment to apartment? Never know when a fidgety cop will go a fidget too far!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
A double post from newbie is unusual. You seem really upset about this. I can understand why but if it makes you feel any better this just one small incident in a cavalcade of civil rights abuses, destruction, violence, murder, and general mayhem. And the worse is yet to come too. So just hang in there!
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I'm hardly the only one feeling put out. This is just another link in the long chain of examples.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
The top minds over at National Review think we need to send in the troops to perform urban warfare and restore people's ability shop at Target.
https://i.imgur.com/Ip865t7.png
Thankfully U.S. military leadership is aware that this situation is more like the Arab Spring than it is the Bonus Army. Gunning people down in the streets will make it much worse.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Riot live stream is up. Many different cities covered at once.
https://m.twitch.tv/woke
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Comments on National Review comparing the United States to wartime Bosnia. Where to even begin on addressing the rest of it.

Never stop winning.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The top minds over at National Review think we need to send in the troops to perform urban warfare and restore people's ability shop at Target.

Thankfully U.S. military leadership is aware that this situation is more like the Arab Spring than it is the Bonus Army. Gunning people down in the streets will make it much worse.
Arab Spring? Is Democracy breaking out in Minneapolis?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The Arab world never had liberal democracy. I am referring to there being multiple mass protest in major cities. Watch the live feed I linked. In Syria repression of mass protest in the cities lead to the civil war. Sending the troops in guns blazing in the U.S. would repeating Syria's experience beat by beat.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The Arab world never had liberal democracy. I am referring to there being multiple mass protest in major cities. Watch the live feed I linked. In Syria repression of mass protest in the cities lead to the civil war. Sending the troops in guns blazing in the U.S. would repeating Syria's experience beat by beat.
Yeah not really. I think you're fantasizing and making this into something bigger than it is.

The anarchists need to have federal charges brought against them. Up to now they've had friendly DA's in Democrat cities letting them off with a slap on the wrist and a wink. This has emboldened them and now chaos is running wild.

They took something that had damn near universal support and completely fucked it up. Left, right, all agreed George Floyd's death was an outrage and the cops needed to be held accountable. They co-opted the protests and turned it into utter shit.

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-31 19:12:00)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6729|Oxferd Ohire
Someone's posting a pic of police putting up a thin blue line flag at the Cincinnati justice center everywhere. Of course there's no proof that it was taken today and the pic is 'from a friend' but they are all wearing proper riot attire.

Either way seems like there's no flag now and if it was taken today seems like another example of tone deafness.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

Yeah not really. I think you're fantasizing and making this into something bigger than it is.

The anarchists need to have federal charges brought against them. Up to now they've had friendly DA's in Democrat cities letting them off with a slap on the wrist and a wink. This has emboldened them and now chaos is running wild.

They took something that had damn near universal support and completely fucked it up. Left, right, all agreed George Floyd's death was an outrage and the cops needed to be held accountable. They co-opted the protests and turned it into utter shit.
The U.S. has an ongoing once in a century pandemic, Great Depression level unemployment, unpopular political leadership and the largest urban riots in a generation at least. It's a conflux of bad situations that on their own would be devastating. It's difficult to understate how bad this is and how much worse it can get. Especially if the federal government decides to send in the troops like National Review wants to.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The U.S. has an ongoing once in a century pandemic, Great Depression level unemployment, unpopular political leadership and the largest urban riots in a generation at least. It's a conflux of bad situations that on their own would be devastating. It's difficult to understate how bad this is and how much worse it can get. Especially if the federal government decides to send in the troops like National Review wants to.
Andrew McCarthy always writes dippy shit with weak legal arguments.

Setting that aside, public sentiment is nearly universally against the looters and rioters. It would be a political win for him to restore order.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
People are only universally against the protest in the right wing magazines and websites you read like Reason and National Review. There is widespread support for the protest and riots among the youth, urban proletariat, and lefties. Trump getting involved more than he has would be the catalyst for much more disorder and violence.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Never forget that the president has the support of very tough people and it would get bad if they got to a certain point. He galvanizes police brutality and calls for violence against American citizens. But obviously radical Antifa anarchists or whatever are the real terroristic threat here.

Also this is most certainly not part of a ploy to distract Americans from the concerns of protesters. Likewise, no distractions (it's anti-American!) were ever brought to bear against kneeling football players.

I look forward to the inevitable mentions from "non-political" people who add this to their prize list of masterful Trumpian feats. Once more, phrases like "great entertainment" will abound. A neat disassociation which grows older every time I have to hear it.

The police apparently cannot tell the difference between rioters and little girls, let alone rioters and peaceful demonstrators. I have no idea how people expect the "the troops" to do a better job of it. I suppose they could use space-age telemetry to shoot women in the face for carrying groceries.
uziq
+492|3444

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Larssen wrote:

uziq wrote:

this is shockingly naive stuff. have you ever left behind your grad school seminar room?

have fun explaining to any black british person after the windrush scandal last year, in which people with citizenship and passports for over 50 years were deported to the west indies by the home office, that 'once you have a passport, you're british, period'.

you might want to *checks notes* check your privilege larssen. you come across like a peevish libtard.
I guess the entire country of france is naive in your experience for not holding censuses or any statistics based on race.
Considering France has U.S. style race riots they probably aren't the best country to cite.
https://twitter.com/drmathys_/status/12 … 64358?s=21
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

They're not there to fight. They're walking around with unloaded weapons. Their gun is a prop and the only reason they carry it is because they know it will make left wing people uncomfortable and upset. They're being provocative, not looking to start a revolution. These people like to focus on the aftermath of their protests too. They'll show their own protests with spotless grounds left behind, compared to left wing protests full of trash and fired police vehicles. It's all theater.
All the images I've seen in which their mags have witness holes or transparent sections they're stuffed full of rounds.

But is there really any point arguing with you, when all you do is parrot the last factoid you pulled off angrywhitemaletaxpayerwhoswifewearsthetrousersathome.com ?

I bet she'd kick your ass if she knew you were gloating about young women being brutalised by the police.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-06-01 02:44:13)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Larssen
+99|1880

Jay wrote:

Setting that aside, public sentiment is nearly universally against the looters and rioters. It would be a political win for him to restore order.
With riots in like 50 cities that is so beyond tone deaf I don't even know what to write in response.

It seems you are dead-set on making this situation spiral out of control.

Any sane president would have driven to Minneapolis by now to deliver a speech on national unity, justice for the death of george floyd and a promise of national police reform while directing attention back to the pandemic and/or economy and the state of the country. Right then and there, the simplest opportunity to calm the protests.

Instead your president is sitting in the white house ridiculing his opposition and threatening them with violence via twitter, also doing all he can to frustrate the pandemic response and related economic recovery. And you'll sail that ship with him down to the bottom of the ocean. You have no idea how fucked you are. With so many unemployed, a pandemic and mass riots - get it together jesus.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-06-01 03:21:11)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Trump isn't stupid, he's playing to his base - stupid white rednecks.

The virus seems to kill black city-dwellers disproportionately, I'm sure Trump and his base would be very happy to see it sweep across america.
Maybe in years to come americans will be able to celebrate the 2020 passover which killed all the blacks.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-06-01 03:25:55)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Larssen wrote:

Jay wrote:

With riots in like 50 cities that is so beyond tone deaf I don't even know what to write in response.
The rioting actually accelerated last night. Most of the riots were on the west coast the last few days. Now the east coast has major rioting including in Philadelphia, Birmingham, Washington D.C., New York City, and Boston just from what I remember watching. Protestors set fires in the park across the street from the White House before police tear gassed them into submission. Trump was briefly moved to a bunker as the White House protest got large and they then had to shut off all of the exterior White House lights I guess to make navigating more difficult for protestors.
uziq
+492|3444

Larssen wrote:

Jay wrote:

It seems you are dead-set on making this situation spiral out of control.

Any sane president would have driven to Minneapolis by now to deliver a speech on national unity, justice for the death of george floyd and a promise of national police reform while directing attention back to the pandemic and/or economy and the state of the country. Right then and there, the simplest opportunity to calm the protests.

Instead your president is sitting in the white house ridiculing his opposition and threatening them with violence via twitter, also doing all he can to frustrate the pandemic response and related economic recovery. And you'll sail that ship with him down to the bottom of the ocean. You have no idea how fucked you are. With so many unemployed, a pandemic and mass riots - get it together jesus.
tone deaf is entirely fitting, considering how divorced from reality jay and his ilk are. 'the media are all enemies of trump anyway', 'the antifas are travelling from city to city to stoke trouble'.

meanwhile
https://i.imgur.com/kXdt0Nt.jpg

although, i have to stay, you starting off on your seminar material about 'race not existing' and 'race should not exist as a category in a modern multicultural democracy' is very tone deaf, considering the harsh and unequal treatment that minorities face in europe as much as america. it's all very well for you to say that, but to criticize public protests in the wake of a public execution with that line is really fucking tone deaf too.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-01 04:18:05)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
https://preview.redd.it/lu4b3vjas8251.png?width=640&auto=webp&s=881607f965d624bff03c404468325691e98f89af
uziq
+492|3444
the total vacuum of leadership is responsible for this and covid. it was so avoidable on every front.

it's astonishing how many excuses people make for trump and his almost total disregard for presidential behaviour. he is so much like boris johnson in that he wanted the job title to satisfy his own ego and didn't actually want (or possess, for that matter) any leadership responsibilities.

you are the most powerful nation in the world and yet you have the worst pandemic of anywhere. likely another 100,000 will die this year.

every single state is on fire or rioting because of a single police killing, which could easily have been a moment of humility, reflection, contrition, coming together. nuuuup.

trump's followers are quick to blame his opponents for xyz but are happy for him to skirt responsibility for just about anything. truly astonishing. a guy who recommended to citizens that they drink bleach or inject sunshine, and who greeted a horrendous police murder with quotes from a racist police chief in the era of segregation.

Last edited by uziq (2020-06-01 05:16:53)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
To be fair he said inject bleach and inhale sunshine.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Before anyone says "they shouldn't have blocked the road", the police were okay with them peacefully marching on the road away from combustible buildings. Speaking of combustible, the truck was carrying fuel.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard