uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

I dunno, I got over the beep-boop lyricless stuff you listen to when I was 14.
you listen to lady gaga and the saturdays. the fuck do you know about lyrical music? hahahahaha
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
Wait for the drop

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
i don’t know why you think i’d be miffed at your not liking aphex twin. even having to write to defend his music as ‘not random beeping’ in 2020 is funny to me. there have been books and ‘best of the decade’ lists celebrating his music since like the 1990s. it really isn’t my battle or problem to ‘defend’ possibly the most lauded electronic musician, and by extension one of the most clichéd and predictable to fanboy over. if you mentioned to anyone into their electronic music that you liked aphex twin, you’d probably get an eye roll. it’s the equivalent of saying you like the beatles.

as for the ‘lyrics are more advanced’ argument, sure. i refer you to that song by the saturdays about an 808 or whatever. every verse and chorus was something like ‘oh yeah, we gonna get it, make you move, oh yeah’ for 5 minutes. really engaging stuff.

let me know when you get to the winterreise.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

I was there, and I was at one the first bonfires. We started with the mountains of pizza box trash and then tore down the plywood around the sound stages and started fire jumping. Was fun!
And you're wondering why people are setting Minneapolis on fire. Its fun!
They are setting at least half a dozen cities on fire. Jay would have had a great time.
Yeah, because burning pizza box trash and plywood is equivalent.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

I was there, and I was at one the first bonfires. We started with the mountains of pizza box trash and then tore down the plywood around the sound stages and started fire jumping. Was fun!
They are setting at least half a dozen cities on fire. Jay would have had a great time.
Still even if it was just some pizza boxes, you ruined the concert, committed a crime, and brought shame upon the rock concert community. Don't misunderstand me though. I condone all three as well as setting the local Target on fire. You entitled Woodstock trash put on a good show. And I respect that.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

i don’t know why you think i’d be miffed at your not liking aphex twin. even having to write to defend his music as ‘not random beeping’ in 2020 is funny to me. there have been books and ‘best of the decade’ lists celebrating his music since like the 1990s. it really isn’t my battle or problem to ‘defend’ possibly the most lauded electronic musician, and by extension one of the most clichéd and predictable to fanboy over. if you mentioned to anyone into their electronic music that you liked aphex twin, you’d probably get an eye roll. it’s the equivalent of saying you like the beatles.

as for the ‘lyrics are more advanced’ argument, sure. i refer you to that song by the saturdays about an 808 or whatever. every verse and chorus was something like ‘oh yeah, we gonna get it, make you move, oh yeah’ for 5 minutes. really engaging stuff.

You're right, I should probably get around to listening to some Aphex Twin.

Now this is actually a good song, a masterpiece, almost operatic.

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Teen girls are only interesting if you don't come in contact with them regularly. Better song than most of what was played at Wood Stock 90whatever. It has my seal of approval and it is very not gay. Lady Gaga makes decent music.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Still even if it was just some pizza boxes, you ruined the concert, committed a crime, and brought shame upon the rock concert community. Don't misunderstand me though. I condone all three as well as setting the local Target on fire. You entitled Woodstock trash put on a good show. And I respect that.
ok.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
jay can sympathise and see why white people would tear down a concert ground over the price of a pizza slice but is dumb with incomprehension when black
people riot over being murdered.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

jay can sympathise and see why white people would tear down a concert ground over the price of a pizza slice but is dumb with incomprehension when black
The rioters in America are mostly white. They're rioting in cities that are over 95% white. This has very little to do with George Floyd anymore and everything to do with woke white 20 year olds wanting to mix it up with the police because they want to be part of something that will end up in history books. They're burning cities they don't live in just so they can tell their kids one day that they made a difference and fought the law.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

You're right, I should probably get around to listening to some Aphex Twin.

Now this is actually a good song, a masterpiece, almost operatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4
i'll oblige.

here are some melodies. and drums. everything written, produced, mixed and mastered by one guy. but sure, liken it to a microwave beeping.

i guess a young woman dancing around in a schoolgirl outfit is a talent, of a sort. or at least a talent to amuse men like you.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-31 05:42:44)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

The rioters in America are mostly white. They're rioting in cities that are over 95% white. This has very little to do with George Floyd anymore and everything to do with woke white 20 year olds wanting to mix it up with the police because they want to be part of something that will end up in history books. They're burning cities they don't live in just so they can tell their kids one day that they made a difference and fought the law.
I have mentioned in the racism thread that a lot of these protest are fueled by the ongoing economic collapse. The economic collapse is linked to COVID and of course the failure to mange COVID is directly connected to federal political leaders in this country. A lot of naive young white people see this as the awaited uprising against the system and Trump. I'll concede that totally. But you and your side need to admit that Trump/the GOP/and the entirety of the American right wing's failure to lead has led to this.
uziq
+492|3422
the very leadership of the nation is fractious, confrontational, bellicose and frequently deploys, or makes excuses for, the rhetoric of violence.

trump condones or makes excuses for the right to protest of the alt-right, calls them 'very decent people', but then deplores protestors outside the white house as 'thugs' and 'antifas'. there is no way your leadership do not hold some responsibility for all this discontent in society at large.

this reminds me of a huge debate we had on here before about how people using violent rhetoric leads to actual violence. wasn't it about some mass shooting?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

I have mentioned in the racism thread that a lot of these protest are fueled by the ongoing economic collapse. The economic collapse is linked to COVID and of course the failure to mange COVID is directly connected to federal political leaders in this country. A lot of naive young white people see this as the awaited uprising against the system and Trump. I'll concede that totally. But you and your side need to admit that Trump/the GOP/and the entirety of the American right wing's failure to lead has led to this.
Their failure to lead? People who voted for Clinton vowed never to follow since before he was even sworn in. Failure to lead. Ha!
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

the very leadership of the nation is fractious, confrontational, bellicose and frequently deploys, or makes excuses for, the rhetoric of violence.

trump condones or makes excuses for the right to protest of the alt-right, calls them 'very decent people', but then deplores protestors outside the white house as 'thugs' and 'antifas'. there is no way your leadership do not hold some responsibility for all this discontent in society at large.

this reminds me of a huge debate we had on here before about how people using violent rhetoric leads to actual violence. wasn't it about some mass shooting?
There's like 10 people in the alt right. Have you ever seen photos of when the Proud Boys or whoever go out? There's like five to ten of them surrounded by hundreds of black clad antifa and their sympathizers. It is LARPing at its finest. Ooh, look at us topple the big bad oppressor and shout slogans at our enemies. This is just like when my grandparents protested Vietnam!
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

uziq wrote:

I actually wrote 4 lines of post explaining the 2010 mass shooting we had this debate about then I remembered there were two 2018 mass shootings we had a debate over the same thing too. lol!

Strange how right wingers are always the ones gunning down strangers in dramatic episodes. I think there has to be a certain psychology to the whole thing that makes some type of people more likely to do that whole thing. It isn't ever trannies gunning people down on the streets because they feel bad about themselves.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

Their failure to lead? People who voted for Clinton vowed never to follow since before he was even sworn in. Failure to lead. Ha!
The amount of people who voted for Clinton who vowed to never support Trump are equal to the amount of Republicans who vowed to never support Obama. And somehow Obama manged to not screw up the country and cause as much ill will as Trump has had. I was hesitant to call Trump the worst president we have ever had since that special distinction belongs to the pre-Civil War presidents. But you would have to look at pre-World War 1 European monarchies to find someone so totally unfit to be a leader inheriting such a privileged position. Literally anyone else running in '16 would have been a better choice.
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

There's like 10 people in the alt right. Have you ever seen photos of when the Proud Boys or whoever go out? There's like five to ten of them surrounded by hundreds of black clad antifa and their sympathizers. It is LARPing at its finest. Ooh, look at us topple the big bad oppressor and shout slogans at our enemies. This is just like when my grandparents protested Vietnam!
lol great reasoning. downplay the size of the proud boy’s and alt-right and play up the phantasmagoric power of the antifa. remind me of the antifa’s version of breitbart again? where’s the antifa Milo being given multi-million dollar book deals? where even is the left-wing equivalent of an alex jones peddling leftist conspiracy theories for million dollar business empires?

it always comes down to ‘the Left’ being this huge and shadowy existential threat whereas the right are some cute group of lone rangers, totally harmless! all those nice young men carrying flaming torches on university campuses and shouting about replacement theory. a niche cenacle!

the simple fact of the matter is that, like you, trump has continually downplayed the right wing and hyped up the left. meanwhile remind me which is the target of most FBI investigations now? wasn’t it white far-right organisations topping out the list of terror threats?

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-31 06:15:57)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The amount of people who voted for Clinton who vowed to never support Trump are equal to the amount of Republicans who vowed to never support Obama. And somehow Obama manged to not screw up the country and cause as much ill will as Trump has had. I was hesitant to call Trump the worst president we have ever had since that special distinction belongs to the pre-Civil War presidents. But you would have to look at pre-World War 1 European monarchies to find someone so totally unfit to be a leader inheriting such a privileged position. Literally anyone else running in '16 would have been a better choice.
Obama had 90% of the media supporting him. Trump has 90% of the media against him. Was Obama ever impeached? Please. These protests are happening in Democrat run cities that had the most stringent quarantines. Maybe next time don't oppress your constituents.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
lol that is the hottest take imaginable. people are actually protesting at *checks notes* oppressive democrat senators.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

lol great reasoning. downplay the size of the proud boy’s and alt-right and play up the phantasmagoric power of the antifa. remind me of the antifa’s version of breitbart again? where’s the antifa Milo being given multi-million dollar book deals? where even is the left-wing equivalent of an alex jones peddling leftist conspiracy theories for million dollar business empires?

it always comes down to ‘the Left’ being this huge and shadowy existential threat whereas the right are some cute group of lone rangers, totally harmless! all those nice young men carrying flaming torches on university campuses and shouting about replacement theory. a niche cenacle!

the simple fact of the matter is that, like you, trump has continually downplayed the right wing and hyped up the left. meanwhile remind me which is the target of most FBI investigations now? wasn’t it white far-right organisations topping out the list of terror threats?
No, the right has its share of nutters, but they're a very small group. Maybe there are a few thousand in the entire country.

I know you don't know much about America, but kids here get a heavy dose of left wing indoctrination. They get taught about the civil rights movement and the Vietnam War protests because, remember in that other thread when I mentioned all the old hippie professors setting the curriculum? So they get steeped in this romantic imagery of hippies walking up to soldiers and putting flowers in the end of their rifles. They get shown images of water cannons getting turned on black protesters in Mississippi. They get taught about the Kent State "massacre". They get shown images of the Holocaust and are told that it is the far right that perpetrated such acts. They get told that they're the ones that are the leaders of Tomorrow and they must address the problems in the world Today. So, every time we have a little flareup where all these young kids (because they're almost always in their 20s) wanna go out and throw rocks at cops and start shit because they want to feel like they're enacting positive change. These romantics are the ones out in the streets throwing molotov cocktails and starting fires and looting stores. George Floyd was just an excuse.

On the flip side you have the right wing nutters. A lot of them like to walk around carrying guns simply because they like to troll anti-gun people. They know that nothing on earth bothers anti-gun people than the sight of actual guns, so they walk around with their unloaded rifles and their stupid tacticool gear and they make their targets feel helpless and full of rage. And frankly, that is what most of the alt right is. They're just trolls that know how to provoke a reaction. Some of them are mentally unstable and dangerous, no doubt, but most of them are just people that like being provocative. They prey on the emotions of the woke.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Kids aren't getting heavily indoctrinated into leftism at their public schools. That is a fantasy being sold to Americans in order to get them to support breaking up teachers unions in order to lower taxes. Most teachers are suburban white people who get the job through their suburban white people family and friends. They are just as conservative as the rest of their demographic group. Male history teachers tend to be the type who are obsessed with military history and warfare and begrudgingly teach the civil rights stuff before we could get back to talking about our war stuff.
uziq
+492|3422
amazing that jay can weave together such arrant nonsense.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Kids aren't getting heavily indoctrinated into leftism at their public schools. That is a fantasy being sold to Americans in order to get them to support breaking up teachers unions in order to lower taxes. Most teachers are suburban white people who get the job through their suburban white people family and friends. They are just as conservative as the rest of their demographic group. Male history teachers tend to be the type who are obsessed with military history and warfare and begrudgingly teach the civil rights stuff before we could get back to talking about our war stuff.
It mostly happens in college, but some of it does bleed down to the high school level. It's in the textbooks and in the diversity assemblies etc. When I was in grade school, American history classes ended right around the time Kennedy got shot. Everything after was considered too controversial. When I was in college, basically everything in my American history textbook was about the labor movement, and unions, and POC and their snippets of history, and oppression.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
your american history textbook, jay? so you had one textbook for a college degree?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard