Poll

How much do you love/hate the USA? (I am a(n)...)

American who unapologetically loves America30%30% - 100
American who loves america, just not American policy17%17% - 56
non-American who is sympathetic to Americans14%14% - 47
American who has become disillusioned by America5%5% - 17
American who would leave if it weren't a hassle to.3%3% - 10
non-American who hates Americans.17%17% - 59
American or American't...makes no difference to me11%11% - 39
Total: 328
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6663

PBAsydney wrote:

yerded wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Uhm, any other nation you can think of?
You could only possibly have that perspective from far outside our nation. Iceland is  pretty far and the lack of understanding about the opportunities inherent to most Americans you display shows an even more distant space
between your perception and our reality.
Also, aren't you obligated to join the military for a couple of years down there? Man, that must suck.
The entire U.S. armed forces is voluntary. Not a soul was forced to join. Being grossly misinformed must suck.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

yerded wrote:

You could only possibly have that perspective from far outside our nation. Iceland is  pretty far and the lack of understanding about the opportunities inherent to most Americans you display shows an even more distant space
between your perception and our reality.
Also, aren't you obligated to join the military for a couple of years down there? Man, that must suck.
The entire U.S. armed forces is voluntary. Not a soul was forced to join. Being grossly misinformed must suck.
most of the worlds nations have military service as mandatory.
Dagger37A
+18|6780|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

if you are retarded enough to think that coalition forces are responsiblke for the majority of the civilian iraqi deaths, like youve stated, then i sure as shit know you arent getting your info from any veteran out there.  unless of course they wanna fill you up with fantasies they might have had counting sandwhiches in a DiFAC. I was an 11b in Iraq.  dont tell me anything about IED's motherfucker, you dont have the right.
Roger that GunSlinger, I agree.

I had 4 buddies killed in the A-stan by an IED;
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=394728#p394728

I got your 6.

W]M[D Dagger37A
11B4C2
OEF III
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6612|England
I do have some good friends who happen to be American, but most others I end up seeing, I strongly dislike. The reason for this is the only kind I ever see on the internet are the overly patriotic ones with ignorant attitudes and a philosophy of not caring about other countries. I'm not saying this is a reflection of the majority of Americans, but these are the people I am exposed to most.
For America to build up a good name, you need to have decent people exposed more than the ones you currently have representing your country. People don't realise that once you communicate publicly with others from different nationalities, you immediately become basically an ambassador to your country, and opinions of your county will in most cases be directly affected by how you act.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6726|Sweden

Major_Spittle wrote:

CruZ4dR wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Tell me what John Kerry had to offer??? Enlighten a confused American about what John Kerry's election would have changed in American Policies since you know so much and are so smart.
With candidates like that I'd probably vote blank
USA is doomed anyhow.
Norway, hmmmm.  What is in Norway that either Bush or Kerry could not have led????  A great military? A great economy.  Is it defending the border from a stampede of immigrants and drugs????  Perhaps it is the ethnic diversity of Norway that takes such great abilities to lead that country???? 
I guess I'll never know, but I am sure the leaders in Norway must have their shit together to make that country the great world power it is.
Stop being such a MOTHERFUCKING american! That's the problem with the USA. You're all so ignorant, you cant point shit on a map, you have to understand that norway with a population of 5 million cant be a world power. It's impossible. Just admit that Norway is a better place to live than the USA. The average norwegian has a higher pay, a bigger house, a better life! Im sorry dude, but they're just better. I respect that. They're better than sweden. It's fine with me. Why can't it be fine with you too?
ilyandor
+31|6705|Phoenix, AZ

yerded wrote:

Jealousy breeds a lot of hate.
aha
Xietsu
Banned
+50|6573

rh27 wrote:

I do have some good friends who happen to be American, but most others I end up seeing, I strongly dislike. The reason for this is the only kind I ever see on the internet are the overly patriotic ones with ignorant attitudes and a philosophy of not caring about other countries. I'm not saying this is a reflection of the majority of Americans, but these are the people I am exposed to most.
For America to build up a good name, you need to have decent people exposed more than the ones you currently have representing your country. People don't realise that once you communicate publicly with others from different nationalities, you immediately become basically an ambassador to your country, and opinions of your county will in most cases be directly affected by how you act.
Yes, when your audience and onlookers are idiots. LawL. >_<
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6726|Sweden
haha some dude gave me -1 karma and typed: European weather sucks, and no money will change that.

Another perfect example of an american who never left his homestate.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6660
Today 07:34:01 -1 Are you sick of all the anti-american rhetoric in these forums? American = -1
mikkel
+383|6617
2006-05-26 21:27:18    -1    European Society is superior to US society.    Kiss my American Ass. downy-

Giving people negative karma for living in a place you don't like is really horribly lame.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6565|Southeastern USA

BN wrote:

SiMSaM16 wrote:

I live in the US and love it. Bush is in and has been in a tough position for a long time and I think hes doing a pretty good job...

Image being the leader of the most powerful country in the world...
Good job? Sep 11th happened on his watch due his administrations failings. How is that "a good job"?
The previous administration was offered Bin Laden 3 times, this was after his first attempt to bomb the underground parking lot of the WTC. Yet clinton said "we have no reason to imprison him", not to mention the other bombings of embassies, marine barracks, navy vessels. Clinton's administration had created a policy wherein our intelligence agencies could not openly share information with each other, the CIA, FBI, and NSA all had pieces but were unable to put them together due to a memo signed by Clinton staffer Jamie Garelik (sp?). You may remember her as being one of the DNC chairs of the 9-11 commitee trying to grill Rice on how it happened, when Rice brought up Garelik's policy she shut up. The Bush admin saw this problem and was attempting to change this, meeting with the director of the FBI more in one year than Clinton had in both his terms, unfortunately bureaucracy makes everything slow. Now here is the inherent hypocrisy of most liberal anti-Bush arguments, he waits 'til we get hit to do something, it's his fault he should have prevented it. He takes a preventive stance against a dictator (Hussein) already in violation of a surrender agreement and constantly threatening the US, it's allies, and their interests and he overstepped his bounds. I personally disagree with his spending habits, and perhaps some of his immigration policies, but in the broad scope of things this in no way means he is doing a bad job. No one candidate is ever going to be all perfect all the time.

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-05-29 10:58:37)

yerded
Bertinator
+255|6653|Westminster, California
Oh yeah, 8 months in office and it's his fault. Clinton had eight years and did NOTHING.
He was a national embarassment and his wife would be a unspeakable calamity.
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6574
Hey, that's not fair, Clinton did something.
He perjured himself and got off scott free doing something that routinely lands the rest of us in prison.
Random-Hero58
+10|6575|TX

rh27 wrote:

It's a 2 way street, same can be said for many foriegners I come across.
|DL|Krokkieboy
+16|6692
Bush Is a Pussy....
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6574

|DL|Krokkieboy wrote:

Bush Is a Pussy....
What? You don't like pussy?
Random-Hero58
+10|6575|TX

kr@cker wrote:

BN wrote:

SiMSaM16 wrote:

I live in the US and love it. Bush is in and has been in a tough position for a long time and I think hes doing a pretty good job...

Image being the leader of the most powerful country in the world...
Good job? Sep 11th happened on his watch due his administrations failings. How is that "a good job"?
The previous administration was offered Bin Laden 3 times, this was after his first attempt to bomb the underground parking lot of the WTC. Yet clinton said "we have no reason to imprison him", not to mention the other bombings of embassies, marine barracks, navy vessels. Clinton's administration had created a policy wherein our intelligence agencies could not openly share information with each other, the CIA, FBI, and NSA all had pieces but were unable to put them together due to a memo signed by Clinton staffer Jamie Garelik (sp?). You may remember her as being one of the DNC chairs of the 9-11 commitee trying to grill Rice on how it happened, when Rice brought up Garelik's policy she shut up. The Bush admin saw this problem and was attempting to change this, meeting with the director of the FBI more in one year than Clinton had in both his terms, unfortunately bureaucracy makes everything slow. Now here is the inherent hypocrisy of most liberal anti-Bush arguments, he waits 'til we get hit to do something, it's his fault he should have prevented it. He takes a preventive stance against a dictator (Hussein) already in violation of a surrender agreement and constantly threatening the US, it's allies, and their interests and he overstepped his bounds. I personally disagree with his spending habits, and perhaps some of his immigration policies, but in the broad scope of things this in no way means he is doing a bad job. No one candidate is ever going to be all perfect all the time.
Well said. I agree on the spending and immigration (though part of the spending is war related, he has cut some discretionary spending, as well as 9/11 work and Katrina).
littlecheez9
+-1|6560|Massachusetts
Wow... finally a way to vote without starting a flame war :-) I disagree with some of the politics here, but that's my right, right? Anyways, I am loyal to my country, would never think of living somewhere else permanantly, and would never commit treason. I think Dubya's an idiot, though.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6565|Southeastern USA
Why do I have a feeling I know where yerded's petition link goes?
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6588|England
I dont like ignorant people and it doesnt matter where they are from but i have to say that i really havnt noticed any anti-american rhetoric on this forum! alot of jokes and sarcasm but not anti anything! maybe i just dont notice but do tend to look for fun ish sort of posts anyway! my life is depressing enough! lol
iLLtje
+1|6561|The Netherlands
1st of all, big lol @ the bush haters, fuck off and get educated...

I mean, Im dutch and basically support the usa through most things(I have american blood so that might be a small reason ^^), bush isnt stupid, bet he is smarter than most ppl who "hate" him for what they hear on the news. And all the ppl claiming the americans caused more civilian deaths than the insurgents, are you actually serious, are you FUCKING blind? Every single day I hear one of those jihadi fucks blew himself AND his ppl up, 50 a day easily, tbh, usa should TRY and wipe out that many fucks out there every day, would solve the problem much faster...
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6784

iLLtje wrote:

1st of all, big lol @ the bush haters, fuck off and get educated...

I mean, Im dutch and basically support the usa through most things(I have american blood so that might be a small reason ^^), bush isnt stupid, bet he is smarter than most ppl who "hate" him for what they hear on the news. And all the ppl claiming the americans caused more civilian deaths than the insurgents, are you actually serious, are you FUCKING blind? Every single day I hear one of those jihadi fucks blew himself AND his ppl up, 50 a day easily, tbh, usa should TRY and wipe out that many fucks out there every day, would solve the problem much faster...
Great argument, well thought out, spot on statistics. Holland must be very proud.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6731|US
I really like this...

What I said, "Every country has problems.  I'll take the "man in the arena" approach (Google T. Roosevelt quotes for more).  I would rather see my country try to help, and fail sometimes, instead of never trying at all."

What I get, "Yesterday 17:04:10 -1 Are you sick of all the anti-american rhetoric in these forums? 'someone needs to travel and understand other cultures'  "

Am I missing something?  I try very hard to understand other countries and their cultures, and I admit that all have problems.  Is there something wrong with this?  BTW, I was not pointing any fingers in my above quote.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
BN, I'm just saying your sources are very biased.  Also where did you get the "exterminating 100,000" number?

Yes, I would rather see my country depose an evil dictator with some collateral damage (a sad as that is) than sit around for another ten years doing nothing...all while said evil dictator murders those who even hint at disagreeing with him.  Another example, I am glad the US helped send peace keepers to Somalia in the '90s.  Even though it did not work out, at least we (with the UN) tried to help those starving people.  I know the US cannot solve the world's problems, but I am glad that we try.  Some see this as "interfering," but I think the US should help wherever possible.  Just my opinion here.
VaNiSh
Banned
+18|6705
today was a day to remember just how special this country is and will always be. I love my country in every way and was proud to serve for the 4 years that I did. God bless this great land and the freedom for all of us to speak and act as we feel.

Last edited by VaNiSh (2006-05-29 22:07:27)

jamiecracker
+17|6764|Wollongong,Australia
sympathetic to you yanks.....of coarse there are some things i dont like but nobody is perfect

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard