Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6679|USA
Hey guys-

I was debating a friend earlier about the drinking age in the US and it got into the military. If a young 18 year old  person can join the military and die for his country, should he/she be allowed to have a drink?

Mason
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6860|Reykjavík, Iceland.
It's 20 over here aswell Isn't it 21 in the US?

I wanna go to Holland next year
herrr_smity
+156|6644|space command ur anus
what is the drinking age then
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6650|USA
its 21 i the US. should stay there, smoking age should be raised to 99.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6592
I think 21 is a good age for drinking, cos americans are dumb (Based on stereotypical exaple ) and it would only make things worse
herrr_smity
lol 21.
so basically you can go to war and kill people, possibly die BUT you cannot have a beer
Random-Hero58
+10|6576|TX
If I'm not mistaken on most bases you can actually drink if it is ON base. But I also think that depends on the base commander.

The age limit doesn't stop people from doing it anyways.

Last edited by Random-Hero58 (2006-05-29 11:00:51)

T4rd
+44|6693|West Point, NY
That's how most of the people feel in the military.  I've been in the Army for two years and I just turned 21.  When I first came in I didn't even like alcohol that much.  But since most of the enlisted and officers I've hung around believe this also, they dont care if we drink underage as long as we dont do it off post and do something stupid like try to drive or start fights.  So I started drinking, lol.

I've never heard of a post commander blatantly allowing underage drinking on-post though.

Last edited by T4rd (2006-05-29 11:02:49)

herrr_smity
does the drinking age mean that you aren't legally an adult before you turn 21
yerded
Bertinator
+255|6653|Westminster, California
Kill a Muslim terrorist and I'll buy you a beer no matter how old you are.
Masta_Daco
+39|6753|Amsterdam,The Netherlands
in the netherlands we can drink when we are 16 years old.... (1 year to go)
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6860|Reykjavík, Iceland.

yerded wrote:

Why Muslim terrorist? Are they worse than Christian terrorists? Hindu terrorists?

Good news for the IRA
|DL|Krokkieboy
+16|6693
drinking age...wtf do we have that over here....officially we have 16 as  the minimum age BUT its a normal sight these days seeing 12 year olds drinking.....

I only know theres a minimum age for softdrugswhich is 18...:p

Last edited by |DL|Krokkieboy (2006-05-29 11:06:45)

yerded
Bertinator
+255|6653|Westminster, California

PBAsydney wrote:

yerded wrote:

Why Muslim terrorist? Are they worse than Christian terrorists? Hindu terrorists?

Good news for the IRA
Because the dumbasses knocked down the world trade center...duh!
Never forget never forgive 9-11
Masta_Daco

|DL|Krokkieboy wrote:

drinking age...wtf do we have that over here....officially we have 16 as  the minimum age BUT its a normal sight these days seeing 12 year olds drinking.....

lol in the netherlands its normal seeing stoned kids at school lessons lol....
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6755|The Hague, Netherlands

Masta_Daco wrote:

|DL|Krokkieboy wrote:

indeed and THE SMELL , damn
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6679|USA
I can't find any study comparing the alcohol related deaths of  age 18 policy (Canada) and an age 21 policy (US).

I would be interested to see such study.
Masta_Daco

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Masta_Daco wrote:

|DL|Krokkieboy wrote:

lol yeah when the teacher asks them something and they dont respond you start to notice something but when they open their coats and stuff damn!
herrr_smity
in Norway we have stupid rules, i can drink any thing under 22% but over 22% and i have to be 20 years or older, so right now i cant drink vodka.
BUT who cares i can get my friend that are over 20 to get it for me
FubarJonny
bUdSMoKEr
+47|6706

PBAsydney wrote:

It's 20 over here aswell Isn't it 21 in the US?

I wanna go to Holland next year
yea i im going there like like a few months its like 16 and im turning 16 BIG PIMPIN
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6755|The Hague, Netherlands

Masta_Daco wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Masta_Daco wrote:

lol yeah when the teacher asks them something and they dont respond you start to notice something but when they open their coats and stuff damn!
Ohh when i was still in high school (Middelbare School) i saw more stoned guys then normal ones lol, and when they walked by, damn. never seem to notice whats going on too
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Pinto
+13|6596
I do think it's odd that one can vote, get married, start a job, die for a country, graduate from school, etc at 18, however cannot drink.  I think a middle compromise of 19 or 20 across the board would make more sense.
Masta_Daco

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Masta_Daco wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Ohh when i was still in high school (Middelbare School) i saw more stoned guys then normal ones lol, and when they walked by, damn. never seem to notice whats going on too
LOL thats on my school too you ask them to solve a simple thing and they go like huh... and just react very slow that makes me crack open.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

daffytag wrote:

I think 21 is a good age for drinking, cos americans are dumb (Based on stereotypical exaple ) and it would only make things worse
People who are 21 are just as dumb as those who are 18. People in the US should be afforded 100% civil liberty once they come of age to join the military. Drinking age isn't the only issue here. The right to bear arms is. You can get kicked out of your home at 18, and not be allowed a handgun for three years. I suppose anyone paranoid enough will just cart a stubby shotgun about.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-05-29 12:40:56)

Gladiator08
Russell Crowe's Loin Cloth
+49|6730|Philadelphia, PA
21 is the legal age, but most of us have drank since we were 15-16 years old. we just dont get caught by the police or teh parents. we get fake IDs or just find a place in a ghetto town thatll sell to ppl younger then 21.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard