Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

uziq wrote:

as a short piece that points to media attitudes and coverage, sure. the world is far more vigilant and the media far more shrill and relentless.

as a comparison between coronavirus and flu, no. again, coronavirus is not the flu. a large number of people would have already been passively immune or resistant to a flu strain. coronavirus is a novel virus. are we really going to go through this again? coronavirus is many times more deadly than flu.
You're right, it's more like the common cold rather than influenza.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3443
lmao.

have you just literally read the basic datum that the common cold is a type of coronavirus?

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-04 16:22:18)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

As a side interpretation:

"No suicides, overdoses, unemployment in 1969." -that article
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
If I had to compare it to anything I would say tuberculosis.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Maybe no overdoses, but you still shouldn't eat the brown acid.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3443

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"no stock market crash".

yes because the economy in 1969 is really comparable to the state of the economy going into 2020.

the article is trash, really.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"no stock market crash".

yes because the economy in 1969 is really comparable to the state of the economy going into 2020.

If you're scared, why don't you just ask your bosses if you can work remotely forever? Better than inflicting your neurosis on the rest of the population.
-Frederick Bastiat
lil_droo
+19|1486
traffic has been getting heavier and heavier by the day. when the lockdown 1st started you could literally speed anywhere around LA for the first time in modern history without hitting traffic but now there's actually traffic jams at times. lots of ppl out and about just walking around. some of my family just had a big gathering/birthday celebration with friends and relatives lol. most these people are left-leaning and serious about the quarantine thing etc but even they are starting to not care anymore. ppl are getting antsy they want this shit over with.

these are just my observations. we gotta open up and continue some aspects of the social distancing and protect the vulnerable. death rate is essentially zero for young people (i know there's some cases of deaths in young healthy ppl or having serious symptoms but these are just highlighted in the media of course)

i am not a trump supporter i just keep shit real and i am saying open this bitch up!!
gang shit
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Maybe no overdoses, but you still shouldn't eat the brown acid.
"Old times smart, new times dumb." "2020 is medieval!" "My ma and my ma's ma said." "If only we know about herd immunity now like we did back then!" "1969 was an amazing year of universal economic perfection with no human suffering apart from a little flu that I am going to use to draw flawed parallels to covid-19 for the remainder of this article."

What a headache.

The only good point it makes I suppose is that news media has the ability to massively obtrusive these days. But people don't have to enable it. Turn your notifications off if you don't want to read about covid-19 every five minutes.
uziq
+492|3443

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

"no stock market crash".

If you're scared, why don't you just ask your bosses if you can work remotely forever? Better than inflicting your neurosis on the rest of the population.
jay i was already working remotely full time. i'm an editor. i went into the office once a week, on average, anyway. 35 hours a week.

'scared' lmao. you are scientifically illiterate, it's really not my problem. 'covid is like common cold because they are both coronaviruses!' derp derp derp
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

lil_droo wrote:

traffic has been getting heavier and heavier by the day. when the lockdown 1st started you could literally speed anywhere around LA for the first time in modern history without hitting traffic but now there's actually traffic jams at times. lots of ppl out and about just walking around. some of my family just had a big gathering/birthday celebration with friends and relatives lol. most these people are left-leaning and serious about the quarantine thing etc but even they are starting to not care anymore. ppl are getting antsy they want this shit over with.

these are just my observations. we gotta open up and continue some aspects of the social distancing and protect the vulnerable. death rate is essentially zero for young people (i know there's some cases of deaths in young healthy ppl or having serious symptoms but these are just highlighted in the media of course)

i am not a trump supporter i just keep shit real and i am saying open this bitch up!!
My left leaning friends have all been having secret play dates and stuff. They just refuse to be open about it because they're terrified of being judged.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3443
your left-leaning friends. the neighbours of those three doctors you live by who gave you bogus information? you have a wide circle of imaginary contacts.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

your left-leaning friends. the neighbours of those three doctors you live by who gave you bogus information? you have a wide circle of imaginary contacts.
You want to be IN me don't you? Stop being coy.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Dang, jay just came out and said it. You go, boy.
uziq
+492|3443
jay still hasn't realised that being a 40-year-old man accusing everyone of being a homo and threatening to bash people who make him mad on the internet isn't a good look.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

You want to be IN me don't you? Stop being coy.
Disgusting. You shouldn't even joke like that.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

This is awkward. I feel like Kevin Spacey in American Beauty right now.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6762|PNW

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It could be a reenactment of that 'In & Out' film. But you should probably refrain. You'll offend macbeth's fake catholic sensibilities.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6700|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

you're more the gay hating closeted neighbour dad who shoots himself.
uziq
+492|3443
also a veteran, which is no accident. the military breeds it.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6700|England. Stoke
they long for the "camaraderie".
although I know plenty of veterans who aren't arseholes also.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

they long for the "camaraderie".
although I know plenty of veterans who aren't arseholes also.
This is making for an awkward triangle thing. You clearly hold a flame for uzi, uzi prefers me. Me? Imma chill and let this play out.
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6700|England. Stoke
Whatever mate, I don't wanna tread on anyone's toes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
This one is even better
https://www.aier.org/article/how-wrong- … s-and-why/

Neil Ferguson seems like a media whoring turd.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710

Jay wrote:

This one is even better
https://www.aier.org/article/how-wrong- … s-and-why/

Neil Ferguson seems like a media whoring turd.
https://media2.giphy.com/media/BhonfJKJtq5Dq/giphy.gif
You are going to have to copy and paste at least a paragraph or two.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard