Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Larssen wrote:

I'm more bothered by the fact regular US police feel a need to dress up as though they're military. It makes no sense and only estranges them from the public they serve.
They all like pretending they're SWAT. They get trained by ex-SEALS, many of them are in the national guard, and it fuels their ego to look like Billy Badass. It's not really all that different from the rednecks walking around in duck hunting camo all day.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
gentle reminder that jay was a pog and all the actually tough and battle-hardened military guys thought he was a soft flub.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

gentle reminder that jay was a pog and all the actually tough and battle-hardened military guys thought he was a soft flub.
Do you even know what POG means?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
"Originally used as early as the First World War by US Marines to refer to a male homosexual in the female role."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogue

Hold up. Jay, can get I get a full analysis of the womanly quality of pogues. I'm concerned.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
No, it stands for Person Other than Grunt, which is 85% of the army, and roughly 95% of the entire military. It's a word the infantry uses to denigrate everyone else. For someone like uzi to use it, it's completely absurd.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Larssen wrote:

Leave me you cretin
https://media.giphy.com/media/6XA99Q0nPSXyU/giphy.gif
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

No, it stands for Person Other than Grunt, which is 85% of the army, and roughly 95% of the entire military. It's a word the infantry uses to denigrate everyone else. For someone like uzi to use it, it's completely absurd.
but they used it directed at you because you were an IT admin or something sat on a base somewhere, right? not a tough guy. so why are you sneering at cops?

Pogue is American pejorative military slang for non-infantry staff, and other rear-echelon or support units.[1] "Pogue" frequently applies to those who do not have to undergo the risk and stresses of combat as the infantry does.
that's exactly how you were bullied on this board by veterans for years. it's not like they were kvetching at the commander.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-04 15:53:05)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Jay was a truck Gunner. He protected supplies and was IED bait.
uziq
+492|3422
i thought he was a Halo ensign.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

but they used it directed at you because you were an IT admin or something sat on a base somewhere, right? not a tough guy. so why are you sneering at cops?
So, there's a tough guy pecking order, yeah? Special Forces/SEALs/Rangers etc, they sit at the top. Then you have combat engineers, followed by infantry Then you have your artillery, your MPs, your tankers, your commo guys, and way back somewhere you have the quartermasters, the admin people etc. Then, out by Pluto somewhere, you have your own spot reserved.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

uziq wrote:

i thought he was a Halo ensign.
Master Chief was his driver.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-05-04 15:55:20)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Pogue is American pejorative military slang for non-infantry staff, and other rear-echelon or support units.[1] "Pogue" frequently applies to those who do not have to undergo the risk and stresses of combat as the infantry does.
that's exactly how you were bullied on this board by veterans for years. it's not like they were kvetching at the commander.
Dude, no one bullied me. The only other veteran that was ever a dick was 11 Bravo because he didn't like my politics. I couldn't care less what he thought of me. He sat in a fucking Bradley all day.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Well it doesn't hurt the cops and maybe it makes Jay feel better about playing xbox away from the action. Let him have his conceit.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dude, no one bullied me. The only other veteran that was ever a dick was 11 Bravo because he didn't like my politics. I couldn't care less what he thought of me. He sat in a fucking Bradley all day.
11 Bravo was usmarine.
Elevenbravo was Gunslinger. He didn't like your politics (or person)
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay was a truck Gunner. He protected supplies and was IED bait.
I spent a month on convoy duty protecting my battalion commander as he made his rounds between our sites. Rolling around Baghdad like idiots with plywood armor on our "gun trucks". Dumbest shit ever.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

11 Bravo was usmarine.
Elevenbravo was Gunslinger. He didn't like your politics (or person)
Oh, I really couldn't care less.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

So, there's a tough guy pecking order, yeah? Special Forces/SEALs/Rangers etc, they sit at the top. Then you have combat engineers, followed by infantry Then you have your artillery, your MPs, your tankers, your commo guys, and way back somewhere you have the quartermasters, the admin people etc. Then, out by Pluto somewhere, you have your own spot reserved.
i'm happy to be on pluto and not in a dustbowl killing innocent people so i can afford to scrabble for the lowest-rungs on a civilian career. my parents didn't fail in my upbringing.

i don't think people in the military understand how little their modern-day profession, with its codes and fancy pins, is respected by ordinary people. people don't care. it's a workfare scheme for the otherwise unemployable or a way to neuter felonious street psychopaths.

you got bullied in the military and the only reason you act the tough guy here now is because all the actual hard-asses left. we all know it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Don't let these gays talk down to you about your service, Jay. The hardest service Uzique ever served was 12 hours in police custody.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Don't let these gays talk down to you about your service, Jay. The hardest service Uzique ever served was 12 hours in police custody.
I wonder what the other inmates thought when they saw him in his women's clothing. Do you think they were turned on or horrified?
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

i'm happy to be on pluto and not in a dustbowl killing innocent people so i can afford to scrabble for the lowest-rungs on a civilian career. my parents didn't fail in my upbringing.

i don't think people in the military understand how little their modern-day profession, with its codes and fancy pins, is respected by ordinary people. people don't care. it's a workfare scheme for the otherwise unemployable or a way to neuter felonious street psychopaths.

you got bullied in the military and the only reason you act the tough guy here now is because all the actual hard-asses left. we all know it.
When do I ever even bring it up? You bring up my service a helluva lot more than I do.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

and that was a walk in the park!

I wonder what the other inmates thought when they saw him in his women's clothing. Do you think they were turned on or horrified?
individual cells in the UK jay. out of the two of us here, it's only you who has regularly slept cheek-by-jowl with sexually frustrated men.
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

When do I ever even bring it up? You bring up my service a helluva lot more than I do.
yesterday you literally said 'you haven't let go of your past' and then defined yourself as a 'veteran and a high-school sports star'. lmao. you ARE that guy on the bleachers at your kid's kindergarten little league living out his fading virility.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

yesterday you literally said 'you haven't let go of your past' and then defined yourself as a 'veteran and a high-school sports star'. lmao. you ARE that guy on the bleachers at your kid's kindergarten little league living out his fading virility.
Yeah, that post was tongue-in-cheek, but I guess you missed that. I also led my little league in home runs one season.
-Frederick Bastiat
HollisHurlbut
+51|5967

Pochsy wrote:

I'm interested in saving innocent lives. Alcohol generally doesn't kill the people not consenting to its consumption. Smoking is a little bit different because of the issue of second-hand smoke. I don't know about America, but in Canada our smoke free laws are extensive for this very reason. Innocent people not consenting to the action don't deserve to be killed by the dangerous decisions made by others.

That work?
The people killed by drunk drivers might disagree that they weren't innocent.  And those afflicted with a predisposition to addiction might argue that they didn't ask to become alcoholics.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

lmao comparing humans to herbivores. cows don't eat meat and they grow really fast ... make u think ... we also have four stomachs ... and our mouths are full of molars ...

in a long litany of fatuous and retarded arguments put forth by vegans, 'look at how horses are doing without steak' has to be way up there.

meat is not only consumed for protein, by the way. i don't even have a science master-race degree and i know this as basic common knowledge. it is also a great source for vitamins and minerals like heme iron, which are not always available and have certainly not been available to human populations globally throughout history in its non-heme form.
OK so people eat meat for vitamins now.

What if I told you - everything which can be gained from eating the meat of herbivores can be gained from eating the things which herbivores eat to make that meat.

Obviously people aren't going to be eating grass but the point stands.

I'll bet 90% of the meat consumed in the world is unconnected with basic nourishment, and its far more implicated in cancers than other foodstuffs.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard