unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Jones' house, in a nice woodsy area. Pool.
https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/al … ew/google/

Get a load of the description:
Alex Jones is a radio show host and right wing-conspiracy theorist. Currently the host of The Alex Jones Show, he also runs a website called Infowars.com, which hosts video clips and articles with questionable vetting and coincidentally also sells nutritional supplements, bullet proof vests, and emergency ration supplies. While some defend his work as performance art, he himself denies being inauthentic in his reports. Though, his most recent case had him citing psychosis as a reason for his erratic behavior and outlandish claims.
Presenting himself as a survivalist when he's really just being an apocalypse fetishist. A survivalist should probably be able to hunt wild game and gather in the wilderness before resorting to cannibalism.

Must be nice to be his neighbor, but at least they know who to eat first.

e:

Net worth of ten million. Living on the edge, definitely can't afford to stock up on supplies. What's wrong with the emergency rations he sells?
uziq
+492|3423
have you only just heard of alex jones or something?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Heavens no. Been aware of him for a long time. Sometimes get people who quote his stuff unironically.

Coming from him, that video doesn't even phase me. But it is the first time I saw his house. The struggle is real, Mr. Jones.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

One of the things I dread in political conversations is the innocent-eyed "I read it on Infowars." Total red flag.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
Jay calling people Karen is hilarious when he basically is that meme in male form.
I even mentioned it the other week, glad to see his short sabbatical hasn't changed his attitude.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5514|Toronto
I find it really awkward when people make a meme part of their psyche. It's meant as a vast oversimplification of a personality type to serve as a short hand in a punchline. Basing a worldview on a punchline is dangerous to one's mental health.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

coke wrote:

Jay calling people Karen is hilarious when he basically is that meme in male form.
I even mentioned it the other week, glad to see his short sabbatical hasn't changed his attitude.
I'm fairly certain that the one time I show interest in your opinion will be the happiest event of your life. Do you even post anything on this forum besides anti-Jay stuff? Who are you? What is your opinion on anything? We don't know! (We also don't care)
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pochsy wrote:

I find it really awkward when people make a meme part of their psyche. It's meant as a vast oversimplification of a personality type to serve as a short hand in a punchline. Basing a worldview on a punchline is dangerous to one's mental health.
It was a throwaway line and had more to do with the hideousness of the name Gretchen.

I generally view emotion in decision making as a weakness. Some women tend to be more emotional, fearful, and cautious. This can be seen in the historical tendency to be the most vocal and supportive of evangelicalism. Strong emotion impacts them more than most men. This is not universal by any means, and some men fall into the same pattern. So it's not about misogyny, because it's not really about sex, but about emotional strength. Some women, like my mother, are very strong, while some men are not. Among white people in America, voting patterns tend to fall across this divide. Studies have shown that Democratic voters are more neurotic and less happy overall. This is not news.

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-02 08:24:11)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Larssen
+99|1858
Republicans are happy and rational whilst democrats are feminine depressed and emotional, gotcha.

There's so much rationalism in electing Trump, a beacon of reason and level-headed decisionmaking.

Republicans sure have shown they embrace science and logic and all, with the rejection of climate change, the support for evangelicanism in politics and the conduct of the politics of fear for the last 20 some years.

No Jay, this is a party for morons that is very unlikely to survive. Their draw on younger generations has been diminishing for a while now.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
It pays to be against science. Dark Money was a good read.

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3423

Larssen wrote:

Republicans are happy and rational whilst democrats are feminine depressed and emotional, gotcha.

There's so much rationalism in electing Trump, a beacon of reason and level-headed decisionmaking.

Republicans sure have shown they embrace science and logic and all, with the rejection of climate change, the support for evangelicanism in politics and the conduct of the politics of fear for the last 20 some years.

No Jay, this is a party for morons that is very unlikely to survive. Their draw on younger generations has been diminishing for a while now.
nothing marks out jay as a bottom-of-the-fishtank thinker like these vague generalizations he spouts. they are bullshit of the highest order.

what truly marks him out as the intellectual equivalent of algae is that he blooms and sheds a whole new set of these blithe generalizations every 5 years or so. he's not really even committed to a position. just blah blah blah, weak liberals, international elites, 'emotion' vs 'logic'.

i'm pretty sure there have been joke memes about the 'emotion vs logic' stuff around for years, parodying the sort of reddit-neckbeard/libertarian tropes. jay actually takes them seriously. he is a congenital dimwit.

don't try to suggest that AOC or 'gretchen' is more intelligent and reasonable than he is. he can't countenance it. 'everything i said is lOgiCaL but u and that dumb bitch ocasio-cortez are just led by eMotIonS!'

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-02 09:26:46)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

coke wrote:

Word to the wise, coke: Jay doesn't like it when he's reminded about stuff he said. When it (or anything, really) is used against him to any extent.

Keep it up and he might howl about how he's done and stuff, cuss you out, tell you to die in a fire, and then rage quit for like a week or two before slinking back in as if nothing happened. Or he'll see if he can find out where you live so he can threaten to come beat you up because you're so mean to him on the internet.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Man, you guys are all so venomous on here. No wonder jay (bastion of unemotional rationality that he is) packed his bags and left for good.
uziq
+492|3423
the only people who have really lost their temper and flipped out about coronavirus, who have really lost their composure and whined and self-pitied their lot ("things are really hard for me! this might be a joke for you aaron but i have to stay at home with my kids!") are the right-wing. the right-wing, who have insisted for years that their opponents are weak, emotional, frightened little pooh-bears. one month of quarantine and they are complaining as if it's war rationing.

they are a bunch of selfish little man-babies who dress up their naked self-interest and cynicism in high-falutin' terms and references to thinkers they've never read. i don't think the framers of the constitution had in mind paramilitary organisations storming the halls of the state because they couldn't get a haircut for a month and are tired of watching re-runs of alien UFO docus on Discovery.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-02 09:29:59)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Using Alex Jones as a miner's canary, I wonder how many libertarian wunderkind are ready to eagerly slip into Lecter mode. The most prepared of them should already have their spices, temps, and cook times researched.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
This is good shit, keep going guys
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I know I should be more mad at you, jay, but I still want to see how progress on your deck is coming.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I don't like it when right wingers use the argument that their positions are more "rational, logical, reasonable". Liberals don't wrap their arguments in those words. Fear, caution, and emotion generally are normal decision-making inputs. Humans aren't robots. Of course our emotions guide our actions. Lincoln's revulsion to slavery and Roosevelt's empathy for the working man helped make them the greatest leaders in possibly all of human history. They will be remembered better than Trump forever.

The words logic and rational should only be used in regards to math, game theory, and turn based strategy games.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3423
i agree. the right-wing constantly try to own 'commonsense', 'reason', 'rationality'. it's such an old rhetorical ploy.

nevermind the fact that the average democrat or liberal has a higher level of educational attainment and generally a higher income. nope, Kevin from Gary, Indiana is 'reason' itself and sees through the emotionalism and vacillation of the elites.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5514|Toronto

uziq wrote:

i agree. the right-wing constantly try to own 'commonsense', 'reason', 'rationality'. it's such an old rhetorical ploy.

nevermind the fact that the average democrat or liberal has a higher level of educational attainment and generally a higher income. nope, Kevin from Gary, Indiana is 'reason' itself and sees through the emotionalism and vacillation of the elites.
As backing: https://www.theatlantic.com/education/a … cs/575113/
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

coke wrote:

I'm fairly certain that the one time I show interest in your opinion will be the happiest event of your life. Do you even post anything on this forum besides anti-Jay stuff? Who are you? What is your opinion on anything? We don't know! (We also don't care)
If you showed an interest in my opinion I would be fairly happy yes, at it would mean you progressed past being a complete moron, even if it was just fleetingly.
Also I like you're use of the royal "we" there.
It's amazing how palpably annoyed you've become over all this whilst doubling down on every dumb thing you've said.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
...and the majority of degree holders are now women... and the majority of degree holders vote Democrat...
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
Thanks Karen.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You're welcome!

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-02 10:00:17)

-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I don't like holding education above the heads of right wingers either. You should only hold your education over the head of someone if you are sleeping with a woman who has a dummy for a boyfriend/husband.

A lot of college students are naive when it comes to community relationships. They think just because they have a Muslim friend at college, the Muslim community can ever be at peace living in the western world. They think just because they have a high functioning black friend that racism is the only thing keeping the blacks down. They think just because they know a friendly trans person that being trans is okay.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard