KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Good job making that comparison! Well done. You can go ahead and give yourself one of those gold stars you give out to your students.  Put it on the cover of your trapper keeper.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I've had two pairs of Merrell Moabs. They're comfy and they won't blister you out of the box, just don't expect them to be a long term purchase. They're disposable boots you can use hard for maybe a year. If you're only buying them for this class, they're probably a good choice.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I bought a pair of those when I first headed out west on vacation. I suppose I've only got tens of miles in them, so I can't speak to long-term usage. I quite liked them and found them comfortable compared to when I had been out in tennis shoes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

I bought a pair of those when I first headed out west on vacation. I suppose I've only got tens of miles in them, so I can't speak to long-term usage. I quite liked them and found them comfortable compared to when I had been out in tennis shoes.
The rubber part on the toe separated from the boot on both sets of mine. Shit design or shit glue, not sure which.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

I bought a pair of those last year for Glastonbury last year, according to my step counter I did about 85 miles in them.
Thought they were pretty comfortable.

Would not go again.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I'm actually pretty keen on the KEENs. Looking at these

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-TARGHE … wear_boots
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Love KEEN.

Have these:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81zgy%2Bx%2BawL._AC_UY780_.jpg

these:
https://www.keenfootwear.com/dw/image/v2/BBCF_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-keen_catalog_master/default/dwb8a005c7/product-images/M-ATLANTA-COOL-ESD/1006979/1006979_P_PDP.jpg?sw=1100&sh=1100&sm=fit

and these:
https://www.keenfootwear.com/dw/image/v2/BBCF_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-keen_catalog_master/default/dwe35a734a/product-images/M-PITTSBURGH/1007025/1007025_P_PDP.jpg?sw=1100&sh=1100&sm=fit

Probably a few thousand miles in each of the top two.
-Frederick Bastiat
lil_droo
+19|1465

Jay wrote:

I wear darn tough socks. Love em. Expensive as hell though
How long u been wearing them? I feel like quality went down. I repped em heavy for a while but switched out to Smartwool socks the past 2 seasons

I've only worn the ski socks from both brands btw but I'm sure their normal/work/hiking socks are a similar 1quality representation vs the ski socks. And right now I feel like Smartwool has the game on cap.

Keens are good hiking boots tho. I'm honestly not a serious hiker so I dunno much about boots but I liked the pair I had

I prefer lighter weight trail shoes in general tho. Only in really rough shit do u need boots I feel

Last edited by lil_droo (2020-04-16 20:49:31)

gang shit
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So I learned that there is this thing called "Sports Clips". It's like Hooters but for haircuts.
https://i.imgur.com/25p3ouR_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
https://i.imgur.com/Fxtly4J.jpg
What other stuff can we turned into a Hooters?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Sports bars are weird enough.

Actually watching sports is weird, basically a bunch of men dressed as schoolboys grabbing each other.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lil_droo
+19|1465

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So I learned that there is this thing called "Sports Clips". It's like Hooters but for haircuts.

What other stuff can we turned into a Hooters?
Probably sucks tho tbh. Just like supercuts or any other chain. I got a haircut at a supercuts a few yrs back because I was out of state for a wedding and it was the only place I could get an appt at. Fuckin never again dude. Only legit thing about that experience is that the girl was hot

I've saved over a hundred bucks on haircuts the past month since the lockdown started tho, kinda nice I guess. My barber's doing house calls but I'll prolly just hold off unless they extend the lockdown
gang shit
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
over 100 dollars in a month, for haircuts...
lil_droo
+19|1465

coke wrote:

my hair grows fast and 2 weeks for most fade type haircuts is pretty standard. it doesn't look too fresh after 2 weeks. so $40 cut plus $15 dollar tip twice a month = about 110ish. people spend the same or more on starbucks in a month so it's pretty reasonable especially when it's for my own image.
gang shit
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
Do you get the fade with the eyebrow slits to really complete the look? Here's Vanilla Ice in Cool As Ice for reference:

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

lil_droo wrote:

coke wrote:

my hair grows fast and 2 weeks for most fade type haircuts is pretty standard. it doesn't look too fresh after 2 weeks. so $40 cut plus $15 dollar tip twice a month = about 110ish. people spend the same or more on starbucks in a month so it's pretty reasonable especially when it's for my own image.
fair enough I guess, it's your money.
lil_droo
+19|1465
Can anyone recommend good jeans? I haven't bought anything new in probably 5 years. Most my shit was random from consignment stores otherwise I loved 7 for all mankind, citizens of humanity and Joe's jeans. All these except citizens are made overseas now and they're still charging the same prices so it's pretty retarded. One of my fav pairs ever was an american made pair of old luckys I got for like 30 bucks that I wore the shit out of. That brand is made in Guatemala now too or something

Need LA/NY made shit under $300ish. No rich hipster designer brands like dsquared or amiri shit that uzique wears

Last edited by lil_droo (2020-05-01 08:03:20)

gang shit
uziq
+492|3422
i have no idea what squared or amiri are. lmao. i only have one pair of jeans.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Why're you mad about not getting the stimulus and talking about buying jeans that cost a couple hundred
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
lil_droo
+19|1465

uziq wrote:

i have no idea what squared or amiri are. lmao. i only have one pair of jeans.
What do u wear for pants if not jeans? Maybe I'm too casual or I dress like I'm 12 still but if I'm not wearing joggers or shorts I'm pretty much always in jeans

These are Amiris btw. I can't afford to spend a thousand dollars on jeans or pull the style off but they seem like something u would wear. U like high end hipster stuff and they seem more like your style unless the uzique I used to know has drastically changed. I thought u were really into raw denim as well or maybe that was Ken

https://nomu.sfo2.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/2019/04/Amiri-Blue-Art-Patch-Jeans-1.jpg

Rthki I said under 300. Most jeans I own I bought used for cheap from consignment stores. 100-300 is a sweet spot for anything new though. Spending more is retarded unless you're rich

U can spend 50 bucks on jeans that get all fucked up in the wash or maybe a hundred more for something well made and they will last you literally years and fit you perfectly.
gang shit
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

lol

get some true religion bro

there's no point in spending $300 on a pair of jeans. Use the money for your mortgage or to take care of your sick mom
uziq
+492|3422
lmao wtf. i've hardly ever worn jeans in my life and definitely wouldn't wear something with patches on it that makes me look like a green day fan. super bizarre.

you're confusing me with someone else? i can't remember talking about jeans or being that interested  in denim way back when. in university i had like a pair of black jeans, but they were levis or all saints i think, nothing boutique.

i wear chinos, pleated trousers, suit trousers. office-casual wear basically. mostly navy and black as opposed to khaki.

'raw denim' and selvage stuff seems to have been hijacked by the lumberjack/outdoorsman hipster aesthetic, yeah. waxed moustaches, big bushy beards, red wings. expensive $300 japanese denim with the tapered bottoms rolled up. that has never been my vibe.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-01 09:29:29)

lil_droo
+19|1465
I was confusing u with ken for sure then. Yeah the raw denim scene is retarded. Ppl take it too seriously like some sort of hobby and spend months trying to get the perfect creases and distressing etc putting their clothes in the freezer and other dumb shit. I like stuff ready to wear

Ken I never spent 300 on jeans. The nicest pair I've had was like 200 and most my other shit was bought used from consignment stores for really good deals. I meant 300 would be the absolute max I'd spend but ideally a lot less. I can guarantee your raw denim costs way more than anything I've worn

Uzi what do u recommend for basic black t shirts? I wear the 10 dollar supima cottons from uniqlo mostly but I'm always looking at others. I felt like I've never been able to find the perfect tee. Is all saints good?
gang shit
uziq
+492|3422
uniqlo are decent for something cheap. i actually get some of my work trousers from there. disposable/replaceable stuff. every now and then they'll do a collaboration with a boutique or designer and the items are always generally pretty good. outerwear, especially. they're quite sought after here because they sell out fast and are really good price/quality.

i wear a lot of plain black/white cotton tshirts. i'm not sure about brands in the states, but in the UK/EU we have some mid-range options like cos or arket. pretty sure they're owned by the same company as H&M/topshop but are more of a 'quality' mid-range option. works solidly. if you're looking for brands that do simple tees, check out something like APC or norse projects. i would avoid all those 'boutique' or 'streetwear' brands that charge $180 for a tshirt, commes des garcons or supreme or whatever. that shit is lame. fashion brands the world over regard tshirt-buyers as rubes. that's where they make all their money. no way do those things even in premium cotton cost more than $10 to make.

i wouldn't buy all saints anymore, not tshirts anyway. they tend to do lots of graphic/print designs, which i avoid. i strongly feel that grown men should not wear tshirts with retarded 'edgy' designs on them or something proclaiming their dumbass interest in ghostbusters or whatever the fuck.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-01 11:24:09)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

can you recommend me some socks? I'd prefer a 600 thread egyptian cotton blend.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I'm evidently much cheaper than I realized, going into the store and balking at $60 for a pair of jeans.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard