uziq
+492|3444
DU, lucien, noobest, etc. all used to play games with me, dauntless and co. they all dropped off the radar a few years ago.

i think noobest is possibly now a speed-runner for dark souls? DU has a job and a girlfriend. lucien is plotting a race war.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
Speed running is sort of strange. Like you need the focus and dedication to do the same run hundreds, if not thousands, of times to shave maybe a second off a time. There's no enjoyment in the motions for the most part. In a way, I almost think you need Asperger's to not go insane doing it.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
uziq
+492|3444
a great deal of the speed runs i have seen (which is very few) just involves some sort of glitch or cheese technique to skip most of the content.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5535|Toronto
I can see the shorter runs being a little more understandable, but that hobby has levels. Some don't allow certain glitches, and some games still take an hour to speed run even with all the known glitches.

I'm being flippant, really, in saying you need Asperger's. I think the real enjoyment is finding the glitches in the first place. Only the weird dudes are trying to optimize the run without new glitches.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6614|Little Bentcock
What gets me is people like Johanna from WoW is a speed runner, and they speed ran to level cap in WoW in vanilla and again for classic. What sort of creature do you need to be to race to endcap over and over again to shave off a few minutes or seconds of /played. I struggle to do it once or twice on alts.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2020-04-17 20:35:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard