unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The one thing I dislike about my new galaxy is the wrap-around bezel. Before I got the case for it, I had to handle it really gingerly around the edges or it would think I'm trying to navigate away from whatever I was doing.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I wonder what the extent of that is. Like, could a video of your face unlock your phone if a picture wouldn't work.

I think the only biometrics I've used are fingerprint scanners, but not currently using them for anything.
No the iPhone uses an infrared dot projector and a depth sensor. The dot projector sends out a grid of dots, and the depth sensor analyzes the relative distance to each dot. I think some security researchers managed to fool it by building an elaborate mask but they had to take exact measurements of the persons face, so it's pretty secure.

https://i.imgur.com/MblTbER.png
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
I see a solution: wear a mask of your face over your face wearing a facemask
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Pochsy wrote:

Yes!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

Problem solved!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dauntless wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I wonder what the extent of that is. Like, could a video of your face unlock your phone if a picture wouldn't work.

I think the only biometrics I've used are fingerprint scanners, but not currently using them for anything.
No the iPhone uses an infrared dot projector and a depth sensor. The dot projector sends out a grid of dots, and the depth sensor analyzes the relative distance to each dot. I think some security researchers managed to fool it by building an elaborate mask but they had to take exact measurements of the persons face, so it's pretty secure.

Makes more sense. I need to catch up on biometrics tech.

e: I use a pattern code on my phone. I don't really keep a lot of stuff that needs to be secure on it though.
uziq
+492|3422

Pochsy wrote:

the solution is to use the fucking 4 or 8 digit PIN that pops up literally 0.5 secs after the faceID doesn't recognise you, and to stop being such a fucking dauntless-themed fag.
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

I'll have you know, my pin is 12 digits so eat a dick uzique

I also have Face ID on my whatsapp so it comes up once when I unlock and then again when I go on whatsapp, and another time when I use Apple pay.

With the amount of black dicks we send each other back and forth on whatsapp this is a major concern
uziq
+492|3422
hahaha
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Pochsy wrote:

Jay wrote:

Can't you hold up a printed picture of your face in front of it to open it?
That'd be pretty crazy in public. People are already on edge. Now is not the moment to start carrying a life-size photo of yourself to unlock your phone while wearing a facemask.
Get one of those masks with your face printed on it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
BF2s is too active nowadays that I actually have to start not clicking on threads in the New Posts screen because it's not worth the time to stay updated on them. Granted, I have no business in the Official Marijuana Thread or the Tech section, but still. This resurgence is making me alter my behavior.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Why don't you try marijuana?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
I'm turning 30 in less than a fortnight. I doubt that's when many people get into drugs.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

not with that attitude!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

DesertFox- wrote:

I'm turning 30 in less than a fortnight. I doubt that's when many people get into drugs.
My birthday is the 29th of this month. What day is yours?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
Oddly enough, you proposed a joint celebration on the last page of the Birthdays sticky a couple years ago.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
how to I get in on the black dick group chat
uziq
+492|3422
that one is just private between me and dauntless. sorry baby!

i reckon discord is the best place to get a few wangs circulating.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Mac quit again
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
Dude's headed to the fall out shelter in the Virginia mountains as we speak

Last edited by Pochsy (2020-04-17 14:28:49)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

RTHKI wrote:

Mac quit again
He couldn't handle all of uzi's lies and felt that reality was deserting him
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
if mac really does want to be a cop, then this forum here is a radioactive cache. being a teacher is compromised enough. there's enough here to sink him for life. he'll be declared an official enemy of the state and chased out of NJ like a pariah. he's said unconscionable things about his students, his peers, and Allah.
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

RTHKI wrote:

Mac quit again
He couldn't handle all of uzi's lies and felt that reality was deserting him
seroquel has that effect.
uziq
+492|3422
the wellcome initiative means that all scholarly publishers are racing to share and open/remote access any material they have relating to coronavirus.

i am currently converting a huge tranche of papers and data into open access. it is very laborious.

now i know how all those angry american protestors must feel.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
Similar story here my guy. The whole economy needs recovering, and the political staff are all of the mind that they'll kick the problem down to nerds working in policy to cook something up. I'm a Michelin starred chef specializing in word spaghetti. Let me fry up a recovery plan real nice for you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard