SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

uziq wrote:

people in their early 20s will never stop being physically attractive. it probably gets worse, the older you get.

the problem is that they are very difficult to hang around with. they have different interests and their minds are in a different place. rightfully so, for them. disgracefully so, for you.

i definitely can't date anyone still in full-time education, that's for sure.
I can help her with her homework.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Not funny. I'm going to be an awesome teacher.

I am a kind, generous, empathetic, and caring person. You couldn't build a better person.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
He'd be  as good at modding as he is at teaching

mac 4 mod

https://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=143135

Last edited by RTHKI (2020-04-03 12:43:09)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I'm going to be an awesome cop.

I am a brave, trustworthy, reliable, and compassionate person. You couldn't build a better person.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Macbeth missed the window of opportunity for the full package BF2S mod experience: having burnzz argue with you about an AWM over heated PMs.

Maybe we could get him to come back, though.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Wearing high visibility really makes me fit in with infrastructure workers
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
You should start smoking Marlboro reds and use Budweiser to chase down oxycodone pills on the weekend to really fit in. After awhile you will get to ride the factory floor bicycle. Have unprotected sex with her a lot, eventually knock her up, and move into a low income rural community together. Vote Republican for 30 years, just a megachurch, and retire from work with an avoidable back in jury at 51. Don't get a pension, live on social security disability, and watch your kid go through a prison-rehab cycle a few times over. Then once you hit 55, you can stick a used gun you bought at a gun show into your mouth while in your lazy boy rocking chair.

That's the American dream for a lot of the factory floor people even if they don't know it yet.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Most just become alcoholics
lil_droo
+19|1464
damn this is kinda gay. i'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow after almost a month paid leave (i'm considered an essential worker) but everyone is required to wear a respirator/face mask now at all times lol. shit is gonna be so different and weird. i work alone a lot of the time so maybe it won't be strictly enforced but still. i feel like things are just gonna get worse. i don't like working for the city/government sometimes because of all the bureaucratic shit. only good thing is the pension/medical and paid leave etc but that isn't even a big deal for me since i know how to manage and save money on my own anyways. there's not room to grow here unless u wanna go into management but for all that hassle u could make more hustling on your own plus its more rewarding. i will basically top out at 150kish and never be able to make more if i stay

i'm making good money with my side jobs so at this point i almost wanna quit. i don't have that much time invested with the city anyways. i wanna get out of the grey market and get into legit businesses like starting off with some type of retail store, not sure what yet. definitely don't want a franchise tho.

i feel like i'm at one of the toughest points in my life. i want change though but idk. i like constant challenges and moving around etc, it's just my nature

Last edited by lil_droo (2020-04-08 16:49:33)

gang shit
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
You should open a liquor store. You never hear about those going out of business.
lil_droo
+19|1464

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You should open a liquor store. You never hear about those going out of business.
i was talking about this with my brother a while back actually. i haven't looked into it much but from what i gather there's not a lot of money to be made, small places are generally like owned and operated by a single person or family. if i did anything i would want to have employee(s) run it for me whilst i'm in the background and if it's not that profitable to begin i'd be really screwed having someone else working under me. low margins generally (would need serious volume) and way too much competition with big box stores on top of all the regulations on location (which would be the most important factor anyways) and pricing etc in a place like california. probably high liability insurance too and it always seem like liquor stores are the most common places that get held up lol

i think a wine store or something would be cool but probably waaay more inventory investment and i don't know enough about wine to deal with wine snobs and rich ppl if i was gonna start out running it myself.

i haven't thought about anything serious though, just playing with shit in my head
gang shit
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

lil_droo wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

i was talking about this with my brother a while back actually. i haven't looked into it much but from what i gather there's not a lot of money to be made, small places are generally like owned and operated by a single person or family. if i did anything i would want to have employee(s) run it for me whilst i'm in the background and if it's not that profitable to begin i'd be really screwed having someone else working under me. low margins generally (would need serious volume) and way too much competition with big box stores on top of all the regulations on location (which would be the most important factor anyways) and pricing etc in a place like california. probably high liability insurance too and it always seem like liquor stores are the most common places that get held up lol

i think a wine store or something would be cool but probably waaay more inventory investment and i don't know enough about wine to deal with wine snobs and rich ppl if i was gonna start out running it myself.

i haven't thought about anything serious though, just playing with shit in my head
If you're gonna do retail you basically need to live in your store. There's a reason only immigrants do it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Now I would like some red wine. All I have are bottles of vodka.

I did have an urge for some Corona the other day. And some Angry Orchard. Alcohol isn't worth going out to get right now though. If I am going to get sick to feed an addiction, it is going to be for marijuana.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I don't have that problem anymore
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Did you try to spread some herd immunity at the local liquor store too?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Did you try to spread some herd immunity at the local liquor store too?
I never left the house until I was clear per CDC guidelines. I honestly did everything I was supposed to do to avoid getting it. I social distanced, my work went to every-other-day work from home, I drove instead of taking mass transit. Literally everything I could do. It's just everywhere in NYC and I got exposed, shrug.
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Maybe you can take this opportunity to replace the other half of your wardrobe with cheap clothes. Might as well enjoy the pandemic, right?
uziq
+492|3422
jay: 'i did everything i could do! i ignored the scientific consensus! i went to work every other day!'
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

He didn't ignore the scientific consensus though! Haven't you heard that he "followed the CDC guidelines" in one of his 80 posts about "following CDC guidelines?"
uziq
+492|3422
the CDC guidelines are bad. they are not in line with the current science on coronavirus. the WHO recommend at least an extra week of isolation compared to the CDC guidelines (but don't forget that in trump-world, such as jay's view, the WHO are a bunch of crooks for some reason).

the same CDC, i presume, who ignored WHO advice previously, didn't take their test kits, and then proceeded to manufacture huge amounts of their own faulty test-kits?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
That CDC.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
you'd think that if you had contracted a potentially lethal pathogen and were highly infectious that you'd read a few medical studies and get a proper grip on your own situation, eh? no, jay seems singularly incurious. air conditioning master-race!

aren't engineers working in building planning and regulation supposed to be familiar with air-borne or water-borne diseases, e.g. legionnaires? to design systems where water won't be sitting around at ideal temperatures, etc.?

but hey, he did all he could: he only went to the office on alternate days! too bad grandpa. we've got to get back to work!

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-09 02:32:06)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'm not sure about part of that last bit. Some sources say they were offered, some say they weren't.

WHO and CDC never discussed providing international test kits to the US, global health agency says 3/18
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/health/w … index.html

(CNN)As the United States struggled to launch testing for the novel coronavirus using kits developed by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization shipped hundreds of thousands of tests to countries around the world.

No discussions occurred between WHO and the CDC about providing tests to the United States, WHO spokesperson Tarik Jasarevic told CNN on Tuesday, and WHO did not offer coronavirus tests to the CDC.
The United States, Jasarevic confirmed, doesn't ordinarily rely on WHO for tests because the US typically has the capacity to manufacture its own diagnostics.
Dr. Fauci said in an interview that it would have been nice to have a backup.
uziq
+492|3422
i had read that they had offered information about design, reagents, etc. not that they were offering an actual supply-line. the US went ahead with its own design in which half the reagents generated false positives.

considering that the WHO is (rightly) concerned about the spread of the disease in the developing world, and places where the infrastructure isn't in place, i'd say it's entirely appropriate that america, the richest nation in the history of the earth, is assumed capable of funding its own supply.

Last edited by uziq (2020-04-09 02:39:05)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Not really sure about the specifics of what was and wasn't offered exactly. There's been some conflicting reports in this mess. e: It is unfortunate (understatement) that there was a problem with the kits, though.

The whole "at the office alternate days" thing seemed like a great way to potentially expose everyone at work to the virus. I remember a study about (?) mid-March placing it at a few days on plastic/stainless steel, and tentatively at 24 hours on cardboard.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard