unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

It's relative to what people make and what they enjoy spending money on, isn't it.

I think nothing of buying the occasional sandwich at the market, but it's cash-wasteful to someone with less. Why shouldn't someone with the wherewithal to soak the cost spend $1000s on cabling if it makes them happy. Imagine how boring products would be if it was 100% practicality all the time.

I wonder if Dilbert has any unplayed games on Steam.
uziq
+492|3422
it's okay, dilbert has a *checks notes* science degree so he's an expert on audio, too. he's just done the math on the back of a napkin.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Right next to his fanart of the butthole cut of Cats 2019.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
Butthole version DVD still not available.

Impedance matching, inteference shielding - thats as much anyone needs to know for high end audio.
At audible frequencies you don't need to be measuring cable lengths with a micrometer thats for sure.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

There it goes: right channel on beyer dt770 headphones out unless I wiggle the cable. Only a matter of time before I lose the left channel as well.They're old and worn down. Replaced padding multiple times. Could repair, but probably time to retire them to the backburner of my workbench.

Time to figure out what to replace them with.
uziq
+492|3422
yo, imma let you finish, but the hd600's are the best all-round headphone of allllll time. or the hd660s if you prefer a more polished, smoothed-over sound.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

One of my preferred features would be decent noise cancelling to drown out my AC, neighborhood noises, and the break-in sounds of the occasional escaped axe murderer.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
You always see in movies someone listening to music on headphones being oblivious to someone coming up on them. That's totally real. I have had instances of listening to music on headphones while cleaning or cooking and getting surprised by a visitor I never heard come in.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
open-back headphones.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'm open to the idea, since I already have closed in the DT 770s and could probably mod in a mini XLR connection to address future cable issues. Be nice to have monitors I can swap to and from for mixing/recording purposes. Gaming is secondary.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I really need a haircut
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

Jay wrote:

I really need a haircut
I can't wait for the first day back in the office to see what everyone's SO did to their hair, lol. bowl cuts, incoming!

Last edited by Pochsy (2020-04-12 17:16:20)

The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pochsy wrote:

Jay wrote:

I really need a haircut
I can't wait for the first day back in the office to see what everyone's SO did to their hair, lol. bowl cuts, incoming!
I'm not letting my wife touch mine. She already got to my sons, poor bastards.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

Does consistently failing to unlock your phone with face ID while you're outside wearing a mask count as a FWP?

It's pretty annoying.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
take a new face id photo with a mask on
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

if only

https://i.imgur.com/ug8I9Js.png

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I think using face id is a really good way to give your evil twin access to all your stuff.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Can't you hold up a printed picture of your face in front of it to open it?
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto

Jay wrote:

Can't you hold up a printed picture of your face in front of it to open it?
That'd be pretty crazy in public. People are already on edge. Now is not the moment to start carrying a life-size photo of yourself to unlock your phone while wearing a facemask.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Could carry a few and offer to sign one if anyone asks.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Facebook keeps sending an alert to my phone every time a lady teacher I know post a new picture on Facebook. I know it is sending these alerts since I open it up, sometimes leave a like, and she does the same for my pictures. But if you saw my notification list, you would see more than half of it is just her and the other half is my sister who I am getting the same alerts for. Literally just two people are setting off my Facebook repeatedly. There must be a way to get the thing to chill out.

I got 3 alerts from the lady teacher in one hour.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-04-12 17:53:33)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
If it's on a stick it would be like Flat Stanley. No one could possibly object
-Frederick Bastiat
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

Obviously I do usually carry a few signed printed pictures of my face around when I go out just in case anyone asks but no that doesn’t work to unlock iPhones unfortunately. It would be pretty silly if it did as anyone could unlock your phone.

Maybe I need to print the bottom half of my face over my mask...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I wonder what the extent of that is. Like, could a video of your face unlock your phone if a picture wouldn't work.

I think the only biometrics I've used are fingerprint scanners, but not currently using them for anything.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
Forgot iPhones don't have those handy finger-print readers on the back. Those aren't without issue though. I'm constantly wiping my wet hands on my pants to get rid of the tears.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard