SonictheHedgehog
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+0|1489|NYC
Oldie but goldie! I am an enthusiastic fan of video games music. I thinks most of them are real gems and should be valued and accounted for. Why there is no Game Music category during Grammys? There should be.
Anyway we all have our favorite composers like Russel Bower and others.
But have you head classical take on our favorite tracks? London Philharmonic Orchestra took the most famous and well known computer games themes and recorded an entire album with them.
Let me tell you! It is a masterpiece!
If you haven't heard it - you should!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

What do you think about Doctor Who music?
SonictheHedgehog
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+0|1489|NYC
I find it intriguing. Not having watched the show (I know, I know) I played the music last night and I felt....intrigued. I like it!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6760|PNW

According to Wikipedia, The Game Awards 2019 had a viewership of 45 million with a category in Game Score won by Death Stranding (nominations: Cadance of Hyrule, Devil May Cry 5, Kingdom Hearts III, Sayonara Wild Hearts).

The Grammy Award category you're looking for is Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media. I do think games should get their own category, as they fall into the "other" description of this one. It feels like selection currently doesn't really know what to do with games other than snub annually.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard